• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

huphup

huphup

Student
Dec 2, 2023
I tested my nitro set up today. I had an oximeter on me. I reached an spo2 between 50 and 60 for around a solid minute. I did not pass out, or at least I don't think so. How long should it take for someone to pass out? I was breathing for almost 5 minutes with the N2 on at 15 LPM.

I didn't put the actual hood on, BUT just placed the mask in the hood on my face tightly.

It didn't hurt or anything. In fact, I thought I questioned if I died when I took the mask off because I couldn't believe how long it was.

Anyways, anyone have any info on how long it should take to pass out?

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: whocaresreally, MiMif and thewalkingdread
DeadManLiving

DeadManLiving

Ticketholder
Sep 9, 2022
How pure is your nitrogen source? He said you didn't put the hood on just the mask. To die instantly from N2 you need to be breathing in pure nitrogen. Also without a perfect seal oxygen will kill the deal. And without a diaphragm flat valve any CO2 expelled will mix with the micro atmosphere preventing a pure nitrogen Purge.

A better way would be to just get one of those space suit looking full face respirators and mod it to a black box of sorts with a hose and blower fan. So essentially you attach a nitrogen tank that ports out via one hose to your mask creating positive pressure. And then you need a recirculation or roundabout two port hose that just recirculates the gas in The mask confined space area and with a cheap blower fan sealed horses gas to pass through an O2 scrubber and then a CO2 scrubber in parallel or series. You can find a note to scrubber online for 50 to 100 bucks or use hand warmers, and CO2 scrubber forget what the chemical name is but just as cheap. So you have three lines coming in. The first is pure nitrogen at slightly just above one atmosphere but not enough to pressurize your mask or bag so it's bleeding out just a bit ensuring no oxygen comes in. Then you have to deal with getting rid of the CO2 and any residual oxygen, you could let it Purge in the one line system amping up the flow rate and pressure such that the overpressurization and bleed out hopefully causes any residual oxygen and CO2 to bleed out along with it, or do the three-way system would be recirculation Purge that essentially scrubs the oxygen and CO2 from the inside of the mask.

If you're in the US where you can get liquid nitrogen easily anywhere, just buy a 10 Liter $150 dewar and do a slow spill like a car or closet wearing well insulated PPE to protect from the cold and you'll be dead in a flash.

Reactions: huphup and outrider567
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I tested my nitro set up today. I had an oximeter on me. I reached an spo2 between 50 and 60 for around a solid minute. I did not pass out, or at least I don't think so. How long should it take for someone to pass out? I was breathing for almost 5 minutes with the N2 on at 15 LPM.

I didn't put the actual hood on, BUT just placed the mask in the hood on my face tightly.

It didn't hurt or anything. In fact, I thought I questioned if I died when I took the mask off because I couldn't believe how long it was.

Anyways, anyone have any info on how long it should take to pass out?
5 minutes! well, something is wrong for sure--You don't pass out until O2 level drops to 25, I think--Not putting the actual hood on might make a difference in how much O2 is seeping in--Das Nichts passed out pretty quickly at 25 LPM, on the Inert Gas Mega Thread

Reactions: thewalkingdread and Tears in Rain
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023

Like previous posters have said, maybe the nitrogen isn't near-100% pure.

Out of interest, does the inner mask have a couple of holes or valves on the side? A couple of posters on the inert gas megathread were talking about the holes on their inner masks, and whether to seal them or not. If your hood inner mask has these side holes/valves, then doing a test like you did, with just the mask to your face, would allow oxygen to enter these side-holes. (When the hood is fully on, and gas is flowing into the hood, nitrogen would flow in/out of these holes. There would technically be no O2 in the hood to go through the holes, into the inner mask).
The posters seemed unsure as to whether to seal off these holes or not.

@k1w1:
186361 20240116 171027

@Falling Slowly:
180719 1697654174586

Also, if/when you eventually use the hood, some advise to use 25 LPM with hoods. The PPH used 25lpm when testing a couple of hoods and helmets. I think @Vizzy used 25lpm with his Chinese hood. I would go with 25lpm with a hood.

Screenshot 20240131 120734
Screenshot 20240131 120725

You should pass out in 30-60 seconds.

Reactions: outrider567 and huphup
huphup

huphup

Student
Dec 2, 2023
How pure is your nitrogen source? He said you didn't put the hood on just the mask. To die instantly from N2 you need to be breathing in pure nitrogen. Also without a perfect seal oxygen will kill the deal. And without a diaphragm flat valve any CO2 expelled will mix with the micro atmosphere preventing a pure nitrogen Purge.

A better way would be to just get one of those space suit looking full face respirators and mod it to a black box of sorts with a hose and blower fan. So essentially you attach a nitrogen tank that ports out via one hose to your mask creating positive pressure. And then you need a recirculation or roundabout two port hose that just recirculates the gas in The mask confined space area and with a cheap blower fan sealed horses gas to pass through an O2 scrubber and then a CO2 scrubber in parallel or series. You can find a note to scrubber online for 50 to 100 bucks or use hand warmers, and CO2 scrubber forget what the chemical name is but just as cheap. So you have three lines coming in. The first is pure nitrogen at slightly just above one atmosphere but not enough to pressurize your mask or bag so it's bleeding out just a bit ensuring no oxygen comes in. Then you have to deal with getting rid of the CO2 and any residual oxygen, you could let it Purge in the one line system amping up the flow rate and pressure such that the overpressurization and bleed out hopefully causes any residual oxygen and CO2 to bleed out along with it, or do the three-way system would be recirculation Purge that essentially scrubs the oxygen and CO2 from the inside of the mask.

If you're in the US where you can get liquid nitrogen easily anywhere, just buy a 10 Liter $150 dewar and do a slow spill like a car or closet wearing well insulated PPE to protect from the cold and you'll be dead in a flash.
Thank you, I do have an EEBD hood like this. I will look into possibly testing it, I bought it from a person not a store, but seems like it's pure N2 based on the sticker.

5 minutes! well, something is wrong for sure--You don't pass out until O2 level drops to 25, I think--Not putting the actual hood on might make a difference in how much O2 is seeping in--Das Nichts passed out pretty quickly at 25 LPM, on the Inert Gas Mega Thread
Haha, yes I will try to max out the rate and also keep in mind o2 leakage.

Reactions: outrider567
huphup

huphup

Student
Dec 2, 2023

Out of interest, does the inner mask have a couple of holes or valves on the side? A couple of posters on the inert gas megathread were talking about the holes on their inner masks, and whether to seal them or not. If your hood inner mask has these side holes/valves, then doing a test like you did, with just the mask to your face, would allow oxygen to enter these side-holes. (When the hood is fully on, and gas is flowing into the hood, nitrogen would flow in/out of these holes. There would technically be no O2 in the hood to go through the holes, into the inner mask).

@k1w1:
View attachment 127781

@Falling Slowly:
View attachment 127782

Also, if/when you eventually use the hood, some advise to use 25 LPM with hoods. The PPH used 25lpm when testing a couple of hoods and helmets. I think @Vizzy used 25lpm with his Chinese hood. I would go with 25lpm with a hood.

View attachment 127783
View attachment 127785

Thanks, I checked my mask, looks like mine has holes on the side and bottom. I think that's why it did not work. It is exactly like Kiwi's...

Reactions: k1w1, outrider567 and Tears in Rain
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Thanks, I checked my mask, looks like mine has holes on the side and bottom. I think that's why it did not work. It is exactly like Kiwi's...
Yeah, the one on the bottom is probably the exhalation valve.

It might be worth sealing up the two holes/valves on the side for any inner mask testing alright. Then, it's up to yourself whether to leave them sealed if eventually using the hood. I guess those holes allow the nitrogen that flows into the inner mask to flow into the rest of the hood.

@k1w1 said they would temporarily seal them up:
REGARDS CHINESE HOODS (yellow EEBD type, my pics, Vizzy, those purchased ex-Canada)

Dear members. I should like some opinions and feedback from any of you that have done a test run & examination of this type of hood.
The images attached below show that the cloacal shaped (forgive me, I had to !) inner mask has, aswell as the gas inlet, three one way valves. Below the gas inlet is the major outlet valve which exits into the atmosphere....it is a large a well functioning valve. Flanking the gas inlet are two smaller valves which operate in the opposite direction, permitting air/gas in the hood to enter the inner mask.

...I am considering temporarily blanking off the side valves as I cannot see their purpose given the nitrogen is delivered into the inner mask.

Reactions: k1w1
ThymeToLeave

ThymeToLeave

Adventurer
Dec 12, 2023
Do you have any sources showing success with this method? Cars and closets aren't airtight and nitrogen isn't like CO, it won't build up in your bloodstream and poison you. With the inert gas method you're supposed to be breathing nothing but the inert gas, you can't let fresh air in.

Reactions: Meditation guide
thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Life is a pointless, undeserved, unnecessary pain.
Oct 30, 2023
I just made some test runs with my recently acquired Nitrogen...

1. I filled a 30 L garbage bag;
2. And tried to breathe exclusively from it with my mouth — as If I was holding a helium balloon.

I was expecting to quickly pass out from a couple of breaths.... but I did not pass out at all. After a minute and half breathing, I only got some sort of head rush, some dizziness... And a slight feeling that things were going "dark and heavy" ... just like before one feels when he's about to pass out from low blood pressure or something...

Maybe I was inhaling normal air together with the Nitrogen, since there was no seal between my mouth and the trash bag.

I get the feeling that If I would just put my Head inside the bag, I would certainly pass out in about 2 min.... But I can't put it to test because of the risk... I don't want to die on a test run.

PS: the purity of the gas, as informed by the seller, is 99%

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
I was expecting to quickly pass out from a couple of breaths....
Those couple of breaths would have to be deep, like full inhales after full exhales, and the effect probably wouldn't be immediate anyway.
Maybe I was inhaling normal air together with the Nitrogen, since there was no seal between my mouth and the trash bag.
Did you constantly press the bag against the mouth and exhale from the nose?

thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Oct 30, 2023
Did you constantly press the bag against the mouth and exhale from the nose?
Yeah .. kind of. I was trying to breathe the colder air inside the bag and I could feel when the cold Air was coming in...

I tried to hyperventilate before starting the test and I was breathing the Air from my mouth and exhaling through my nose...

I did in total 3 tests in a row.... Breathing normal air in between while I refilled the bag with Nitrogen... Only in the third attempt I got really close to feeling I would Black out If I kept going on ...

I think I should have gotten a bigger bag....

Last edited:
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
I did in total 3 tests in a row.... Breathing normal air in between while I refilled the bag with Nitrogen... Only in the third attempt I got really close to feeling I would Black out If I kept going on ...
Did you hold your nose to prevent any chances of inhaling air through it?

thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Oct 30, 2023
Did you hold your nose to prevent any chances of inhaling air through it?
No, but I'm sure I didn't breathe in from it... Only exhaling

thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Oct 30, 2023
Maybe the Nitrogen isn't as pure as advertised by the seller... Even though I think this is a very remote possibility... My gas is from a very big, international, company.

I unfortunately don't have any oxygen meter to test it.

I just wish I could test this with someone else's help. It would be so much easier. I would just put the bag over my Head and when I passed out, the person would take the bag of the Head... But there is no help for us. Got to do everything alone.

Last edited:
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Maybe the Nitrogen isn't as pure as advertised by the seller... Even though I think this is a very remote possibility... My gas is from a very big, international, company.

I unfortunately don't have any oxygen meter to test it.

I just wish I could test this with someone else's help. It would be so much easier. I would just put the bag over my Head and when I passed out, the person would take the bag of the Head... But there is no help for us. Got to do everything alone.
Are you going eventually using an exit bag, or are you just using the large garbage bag?
I guess you could test an exit bag by not taping the tubing to the inside of the bag. Hold it loose in the bag with your hand, then maybe stand on a quilt/matrress, or something soft to fall on. Then hold the tubing stretched as far as possible from the gas regulator/cylinder, so that when you go unconscious the tubing will definitely fall away from the bag.
Set it up so somehow that when you fall on the soft landing, the tubing will definitely be nowhere near the bag. Maybe have the tubing going across a table or something, taped.

Just a thought if you're desperate to do a test.

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
No, but I'm sure I didn't breathe in from it... Only exhaling
Hm, is it even possible to breathe via mouth only without blocking the nose in some unnatural way? You can use muscles of the soft palate to isolate the oral cavity from the windpipe or just shut your lips, so breathing solely through the nose is easy. But how can you isolate the nasal airways from the windpipe?

huphup

huphup

Student
Dec 2, 2023
Yeah I think you need to put both mouth and nose on the bag cause you could get a small amount of O2 still like @Intoxicated mentioned... or you could plug your nose somehow?

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
or you could plug your nose somehow?
If you have two working hands, that should be possible. One hand holds the bag or balloon with the gas, another one plugs the nose when inhaling.

thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Oct 30, 2023
Are you going eventually using an exit bag, or are you just using the large garbage bag?

I'm going to improvise with a "custom" bag. Basically, I will use a 30 L garbage bag, since I couldn't find any turkey sized oven bags where I am.

And I might try some different form of placing the tubing inside the bag... Instead of the bag hole, I'm thinking of making a hole in for the tube and sealing It with tape and plastic.

But... for the test run, I'm just filling the bag as if It were a balloon then closing the gas flow.... I really don't want to keep the gas running because I don't know how much time I will be gone If I pass out and then wake up... I got a very large cylinder (3,8 m3/ 20L) but I am still afraid of running out of gas.

So, yeah ... It's kinda hard to figure a way to test it effectively, without killing myself accidentaly.

One hand holds the bag or balloon with the gas, another one plugs the nose when inhaling.
I guess I could plug my nose with some cotton or some earplugs I got... But I don't think that is the issue...

Last edited:
thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Oct 30, 2023
I've just made another test... And I think I've found a better way to test it with a little more "accuracy".

This time I put one more hose inside the garbage bag. One connected to the gas cylinder and another smaller piece to breathe from it — as if it were a straw in a cup. I also plugged my nostrils with 2 spongy ear plugs.

I filled the bag with Nitrogen, closed the regulator valve and started "breathing" from it.

I think I "swallowed"/inhaled deeply about 4 times before feeling really light headed, "excited"/"euphoric"/"confused"... and then some fear also struck me — because I was sitting on a chair and didn't want to risk falling on the floor...

Breathing through the hose is quite demanding and unnatural... And I might have inhaled oxygen in between breaths, when putting the hose back into my mouth after exhaling...

After the 4th breath... I just couldn't do It anymore from that point on... so I dropped the hose and started breathing normally... I felt that I was about to pass out and fought against It.

All of this took place in about 35 seconds(I've recorded a vídeo to know the timings). Not the best scenario as I expected, but also not bad at all.

I'm estimating that, with the bag over my head, things will be a lot easier, efficient and comfortable... And with no risk of inhaling oxygen.

Last edited:
Reactions: outrider567 and Tears in Rain
K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022

@k1w1:
View attachment 127781

@Falling Slowly:
View attachment 127782

View attachment 127783
View attachment 127785

Yup......it was those valves either side which created the oxygen to leak in from the atmosphere. I had a test run yesterday and if one is going to do a blackout test, these need taping off on the outside....this is very simple. When that is accomplished, you are only getting the nitrogen delivery and the exhalation expelled through intake/exhale valve. I'll put up a review if anyone reads this and wants it but it worked only too well. This considering those hoods are very average given they are being repurposed, & I'd like a mask ideally.