• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

C

Coffeandamug

Words are quite useless, and so am I.
Oct 22, 2020
Has some chemical usage been able to alter your perception on these... I would say... mental issues ? Shifting your perception in a way that you were no longer suicidle ? Or maybe no longer depressed or gave you a new outlook on life ?

Reactions: deleted442 and Rocinante
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I was hoping to acheive what tou described with ketamine treatment - to no avail. Some trauma is just plain permanent.

Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
Hallucinogenic mushrooms, in microdoses of 1g every 3 days. The change in mentality lasted only 2 days (not the effect they caused, which was a slight dizziness, like when you haven't drunk much and you are happy) But if you want a real change, you need a higher dose and experience the death of the ego . It should always be done accompanied.

Reactions: deleted442 and DeIetedUser4739
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
When I used / consumed a lot of drugs I was neither suicidal nor depressed. Drugs are not a solution to my personal problem - they just "solve" it temporarily.

I think that in certain cases psychedelics can have a positive effect but as they are not usable legally and under medical conditions it's more than only trial and error.

Reactions: deleted442 and fleetingnight
Infinite Solipsist

Infinite Solipsist

Jun 20, 2024
I have found that I'm marginally more miserable when I do drugs than when I'm sober. The difference isn't that significant so might as well save the money and stay sober.

C

Coffeandamug

Oct 22, 2020
I've never done it but i'd like to try LSD,DMT, shroons, that kind of conciousness altering hallucinogens. Maybe i'll see something that I didn't see and i'll rethink suicide. Highly unlikely but no harm in trying...

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I've never done drugs and I see no reason to. My depression got better on its own without meds, so…

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Rocinante
H

HereTomorrow

On break. Read "About" on profile.
Feb 1, 2024
Recreational marijuana gives me a "it is what it is" feeling. I personally microdose 2.5 mg THC gummies because I can't get myself to smoke (plus the high lasts longer).

It doesn't get rid of the pain, but numbs it enough where I don't feel suicidial. It can be addictive for that reason however.

I obtain and consume them legally, make sure to check your local laws before obtaining any kind of drug.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I first started smoking weed to cope with my feelings. It helped to temporarily alleviate my negative thoughts and emotions for a bit but it didn't do much besides that. I now just smoke it for fun. Then I tried shrooms and those were much more helpful since they helped me change my mindset and view on things, though it took several trips for that to happen. I still plan on ctbing because I just don't find living a long life to be that appealing to me, but those feelings and beliefs that I had before have either been completely eliminated or aren't as bad anymore.

Infinite Solipsist

Infinite Solipsist

Jun 20, 2024
I've never done it but i'd like to try LSD,DMT, shroons, that kind of conciousness altering hallucinogens. Maybe i'll see something that I didn't see and i'll rethink suicide. Highly unlikely but no harm in trying...
My 10+ experiences with (1p-)LSD and other forms of acid have largely been negative. I can't imagine it curing depression for anyone. All it did was help me confirm what I had already suspected: That humanity is a collection of wretched hairless monkeys who are inherently selfish and evil---that this world is a truly disgusting place even without humanity in it. There is definitely a risk in trying psychedelics because however you feel now will most likely be magnified beyond what you can imagine if you decide to go on a trip. I don't recommend trying them until you feel better in your life.

Reactions: divinemistress36, Coffeandamug and Rocinante
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
They achieved the desired effect while using them, though I eventually outgrew the need for them to cope.

Reactions: sserafim
C

Coffeandamug

Oct 22, 2020
My 10+ experiences with (1p-)LSD and other forms of acid have largely been negative. I can't imagine it curing depression for anyone. All it did was help me confirm what I had already suspected: That humanity is a collection of wretched hairless monkeys who are inherently selfish and evil---that this world is a truly disgusting place even without humanity in it. There is definitely a risk in trying psychedelics because however you feel now will most likely be magnified beyond what you can imagine if you decide to go on a trip. I don't recommend trying them until you feel better in your life.
that's a nice description of reality btw.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
We aren't monkeys, we are apes. Also, we aren't hairless, it's just that list of the hair on most parts of our bodies are very fine. Evil is also just a subjective thing, so nobody is truly "inherently evil".

There is also a growing amount of research showing that psychedelics are potentially useful in treating depression. Just because that wasn't your experience doesn't mean anything. Your experiences are based on using it recreationally, not in a controlled setting where you would be doing it with a professional to guide you through it. Also, just because it doesn't work on one person doesn't mean that would apply to majority of people. You can't use just your personal experiences alone to make sweeping statements like that.

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_ and divinemistress36
H

Hotsackage

Paragon
Mar 11, 2019
Drugs bad=bad mental health can happen. Walking is the best drug

Infinite Solipsist

Infinite Solipsist

Jun 20, 2024
We aren't monkeys, we are apes. Also, we aren't hairless, it's just that list of the hair on most parts of our bodies are very fine. Evil is also just a subjective thing, so nobody is truly "inherently evil".

There is also a growing amount of research showing that psychedelics are potentially useful in treating depression. Just because that wasn't your experience doesn't mean anything. Your experiences are based on using it recreationally, not in a controlled setting where you would be doing it with a professional to guide you through it. Also, just because it doesn't work on one person doesn't mean that would apply to majority of people. You can't use just your personal experiences alone to make sweeping statements like that.
I know that we aren't actually hairless monkeys scientifically speaking. The purpose of that description is to illustrate that we are just disgusting animals and that nothing is special about our species. The debate about inherent evil has been going on for centuries now so I don't think we are going to prove anything here. You have your view and I have mine. However, I strongly disagree that evil is subjective. I also don't see how the observer's subjectiveness would necessarily be mutually exclusive from the inherent qualities found in the natural world. I'm open to suggestions but I chose the name "Infinite Solipsist" for a reason.

The clinical setting you are speaking of is an extremely rare unicorn. Good luck finding it. Clinical setting or not, I'm sure many people would find themselves worse off than they were before. Like I said, "....however you feel now will most likely be magnified beyond what you can imagine if you decide to go on a trip." I am far from the first person to make this statement.

I should have clarified that I was speaking about LSD and other man-made psychedelics. I have only had 2 experiences with magic mushrooms but they were low quality and I didn't take enough so I can't really speak for psilocybin. I can agree that they may actually have some merit in the treatment of depression though.

Also, LSD carries the risk of a long-lasting and moderately annoying side effect called hallucinogenic post perception disorder (HPPD) that can fuck with your vision. The strongest acid I ever used was 250ug of a research chem called 1p-lsd which is said to be an extremely minor modification of true LSD's compound. It seemed relatively clean and 250ug isn't that much (it's still powerful) but I still have lingering visual distortions years later. I highly doubt a clinical setting could do anything to prevent that.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Bupropion. I'm the minority that benefited from psych drugs I guess.

I thought it had no effect at all because I felt the same. I didn't feel like my personality or thinking was altered at all. But the people around me pointed out changes that to this day, I don't even feel. I think this is the best possible result actually. Still feeling like yourself, but other people can attest to it working.

The effects it had on my brain were so subtle, but when I temporarily quit, I started feeling unsettled and convinced that my bf doesn't like me anymore for no real reason. My brain would jump to really random behaviors and overanalyze and extrapolate them to justify my negative hypotheses. In just a split second.

The drug was probably preventing me from reflexively overthinking, which is a huge QoL boost.

The downside is that I'm told that I act more bland/lifeless, so I bet the amount of thoughts I have is reduced. I also don't find things funny as easily. I wouldn't consider it a problem because everything has trade offs and going from too many thoughts to a normal number of thoughts is a good thing. Even if I lose some of my creativity or bubbliness.

I've never been interested in those drugs that cause out of body experiences or big realizations like ketamine or LSD. I have an introspective personality and like the study of philosophy, but I see that as a negative to my mood. I would rather stick to a drug that has subtle and constant effects.

--

I also wanted to say:

It's okay to be on drugs for your entire life. If there are no unbearable negative side effects then you are okay. People with opioid addictions often stop trying to treat it further once they are on suboxone (weak opioid & naloxone combo) because their life is manageable again atp. And trying to quit further risks relapse and making the problem worse again. Same applies to antidepressants. My brain is genetically wired to be deficient in certain ways, so this is the treatment. No use quitting, that's just denying reality and pretending to be normal.

People tend to be anti-drug. The word drug has a negative connotation bc we think of abuse and addiction. But used properly and with the right one, a person can benefit. It's okay to be dependent on drugs (sometimes) to make up for genetic deficiences. You should pair it with lifestyle changes ofc, but it's a nice buff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Infinite Solipsist
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
I know that we aren't actually hairless monkeys scientifically speaking. The purpose of that description is to illustrate that we are just disgusting animals and that nothing is special about our species. The debate about inherent evil has been going on for centuries now so I don't think we are going to prove anything here. You have your view and I have mine. However, I strongly disagree that evil is subjective. I also don't see how the observer's subjectiveness would necessarily be mutually exclusive from the inherent qualities found in the natural world. I'm open to suggestions but I chose the name "Infinite Solipsist" for a reason.

The clinical setting you are speaking of is an extremely rare unicorn. Good luck finding it. Clinical setting or not, I'm sure many people would find themselves worse off than they were before. Like I said, "....however you feel now will most likely be magnified beyond what you can imagine if you decide to go on a trip." I am far from the first person to make this statement.

I should have clarified that I was speaking about LSD and other man-made psychedelics. I have only had 2 experiences with magic mushrooms but they were low quality and I didn't take enough so I can't really speak for psilocybin. I can agree that they may actually have some merit in the treatment of depression though.

Also, LSD carries the risk of a long-lasting and moderately annoying side effect called hallucinogenic post perception disorder (HPPD) that can fuck with your vision. The strongest acid I ever used was 250ug of a research chem called 1p-lsd which is said to be an extremely minor modification of true LSD's compound. It seemed relatively clean and 250ug isn't that much (it's still powerful) but I still have lingering visual distortions years later. I highly doubt a clinical setting could do anything to prevent that.
Ah yes, assuming that people will find themselves worse off then they did before means that's definitely the case./s Even when talking about LSD this still applies. I also don't get the point of mentioning things like HPPD when that has nothing to with whether or not psychedelics like LSD have the potential to treat certain psychiatric disorders like depression. If LSD were to be used to treat depression then it would be in clinical setting using microdoses. Also, research in clinical settings where researchers are able to control for potential confounds is going to have more weight to it in compariosn to some random dudes rant about their experience with LSD on some random ass suicide forum, lol. Even if we were to use anecdotal accounts then I could argue that, at least based on what I've seen being said by the majority of those who have used LSD, that it does have the potential for treating depression along with other mental illness. Again, just because something something doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for others. It's not like anyone is claiming that everyone who uses LSD is going to automatically be cured of their depression. It's just that it seems as though psychedelics like LSD do seem to have the potential for treating certain treatments resistant psychiatric disorders, with many having talked about it benefitting them and research showing that it could potentially be used in treating patients in the future. Your experience alone doesn't disprove this.

LSD is also not man-made. It's a classic psychedelic, with one of the major traits of classic psychedelics being the fact that they are found in nature. The psychoactive properties of the drug comes from ergot which is a type of fungus that grows on cereal plants such as rye. It's semisynthetic, with it needing to be chemically extracted first before it can be used.

Also, the if evil is subjective then nobody can be truly inherently evil. Evil is very subjective and what is considered evil can differ from person to person. We can even see this when looking at how what is considered evil differs from those across different religions, cultures, and time-periods. There are people who literally considered stuff as harmless as being queer to be "evil". I'm not going to argue about whether evil is subjective or not any further since I doubt that we'll ever come to a point of agreement on that particular subject.

Infinite Solipsist

Infinite Solipsist

Jun 20, 2024
Ah yes, assuming that people will find themselves worse off then they did before means that's definitely the case./s Even when talking about LSD this still applies. I also don't get the point of mentioning things like HPPD when that has nothing to with whether or not psychedelics like LSD have the potential to treat certain psychiatric disorders like depression. If LSD were to be used to treat depression then it would be in clinical setting using microdoses. Also, research in clinical settings where researchers are able to control for potential confounds is going to have more weight to it in compariosn to some random dudes rant about their experience with LSD on some random ass suicide forum, lol. Even if we were to use anecdotal accounts then I could argue that, at least based on what I've seen being said by the majority of those who have used LSD, that it does have the potential for treating depression along with other mental illness. Again, just because something something doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for others. It's not like anyone is claiming that everyone who uses LSD is going to automatically be cured of their depression. It's just that it seems as though psychedelics like LSD do seem to have the potential for treating certain treatments resistant psychiatric disorders, with many having talked about it benefitting them and research showing that it could potentially be used in treating patients in the future. Your experience alone doesn't disprove this.

LSD is also not man-made. It's a classic psychedelic, with one of the major traits of classic psychedelics being the fact that they are found in nature. The psychoactive properties of the drug comes from ergot which is a type of fungus that grows on cereal plants such as rye. It's semisynthetic, with it needing to be chemically extracted first before it can be used.

Also, the if evil is subjective then nobody can be truly inherently evil. Evil is very subjective and what is considered evil can differ from person to person. We can even see this when looking at how what is considered evil differs from those across different religions, cultures, and time-periods. There are people who literally considered stuff as harmless as being queer to be "evil". I'm not going to argue about whether evil is subjective or not any further since I doubt that we'll ever come to a point of agreement on that particular subject.
I'm not trying to scare anyone away from trying psychedelics nor do I believe that they should be illegal. I'm just trying to warn of the potential risks that some may not consider. Albert Hoffman said it best, "I know LSD; I don't need to take it anymore. Maybe when I die, like Aldous Huxley." I learned all that I needed from psychedelics and my time with them has ended but I can recognize that others may come to vastly different conclusions. I immediately learned that acid is not to be taken recreationally but should be taken with extreme reverence. I saw that you mentioned you've tried mushrooms but have you ever tried any other psychedelics? My (regrettably weak) experiences with mushrooms were absolutely nothing like LSD. It really can't be put into words--- it's kind of like explaining the taste of salt without saying salt while also jumping out of an airplane without a parachute. Words can't describe it.

The ergot fungus contains lysergic acid (LSA) which has to be extracted, purified, and chemically (artificially) transformed into lysergic acid diethylamide. The ergot fungus doesn't actually contain any LSD. I would hesitate to label such a thing as a part of organic nature and unrefined ergot is extremely toxic. I've never tried LSA but I know it can be easily extracted from sources that are far less dangerous than ergot. The little I've read about LSA has said that it has a strong body load and causes a bit of a nasty drunken feeling even when it is sourced from flower seeds.

The only thing that truly matters is the consciousness that percieves the evil because such consciousness can only speak for itself. I agree to disagree on this subject; it is an endless debate.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
I'm not trying to scare anyone away from trying psychedelics nor do I believe that they should be illegal. I'm just trying to warn of the potential risks that some may not consider. Albert Hoffman said it best, "I know LSD; I don't need to take it anymore. Maybe when I die, like Aldous Huxley." I learned all that I needed from psychedelics and my time with them has ended but I can recognize that others may come to vastly different conclusions. I immediately learned that acid is not to be taken recreationally but should be taken with extreme reverence. I saw that you mentioned you've tried mushrooms but have you ever tried any other psychedelics? My (regrettably weak) experiences with mushrooms were absolutely nothing like LSD. It really can't be put into words--- it's kind of like explaining the taste of salt without saying salt while also jumping out of an airplane without a parachute. Words can't describe it.

The ergot fungus contains lysergic acid (LSA) which has to be extracted, purified, and chemically (artificially) transformed into lysergic acid diethylamide. The ergot fungus doesn't actually contain any LSD. I would hesitate to label such a thing as a part of organic nature and unrefined ergot is extremely toxic. I've never tried LSA but I know it can be easily extracted from sources that are far less dangerous than ergot. The little I've read about LSA has said that it has a strong body load and causes a bit of a nasty drunken feeling even when it is sourced from flower seeds.

The only thing that truly matters is the consciousness that percieves the evil because such consciousness can only speak for itself. I agree to disagree on this subject; it is an endless debate.
First off, when did I imply that you were trying to scare off people? Also, your experience was LSD isn't necessarily a representation of the experiences most people have with the drug. Experiences with psychedelics can vary quite a bit. As you stated before, you have both limited experience with psilocybin and they were low quality so I kind of don't really want to take your word for it, no offence. I've already gone through posts made by people with much more experience using both of these psychedelics so I don't need you to lecture me on this stuff.

Also, just because you don't want to label it as such doesn't mean anything. You keep on treating your opinions and individual experiences as these universal truths when they aren't. This conversation isn't getting anywhere so I'm not going to bother with engaging with it any further.

Goodbye and have a good day, dude.

Reactions: Infinite Solipsist
dynastickitten

dynastickitten

Jan 12, 2024
LSD really helped me a few years ago, but now I'm back to being suicidal, so take from that what you will 😅

dreambound

dreambound

Student
Dec 14, 2021
"I don't like the drugs but the drugs like me"
..............damn , I wish I had written that lyric.......pure genius

Reactions: divinemistress36
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Ketamine was such a let down
It was an enjoyable experience for me. I wish I could afford to do it recreationally a couple of times per month. But you are correct, as far as having any impact on mental health improvement, it has no efficacy. At least not for me.

Reactions: divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
It was an enjoyable experience for me. I wish I could afford to do it recreationally a couple of times per month. But you are correct, as far as having any impact on mental health improvement, it has no efficacy. At least not for me.
It made me me feel like I was dead in another dimension so when i came back to reality it made me want to die even more

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
It made me me feel like I was dead in another dimension so when i came back to reality it made me want to die even more
The first few sessions for me were mystical. Then I experienced what you described on the last session that had most powerful dose. I thought I was trapped in another dimension and stuck there for good. Claustrophobically and immortally frozen in time, in a mirrored box. Not fun at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Infinite Solipsist and divinemistress36
arnoldpalmer

arnoldpalmer

Confused
Jun 24, 2024
The first time I did shrooms I was by myself in my room and my roommates had no idea. It was my first time, so I know it was probably not the wisest thing to do alone but it ended up being a really great experience.
I just remember all my senses were enhanced and music sounded incredible. I didn't have any visual hallucinations, but I was feeling every emotion possible to feel. There were moments I felt happier than I had been in years and then I would look through my photos and see my grandma and I would cry harder than I've ever cried. Interestingly, the sadness I felt is what stuck with me and makes me want to do it again. It felt so incredibly cathartic to release all those tears that I hadn't even realized I had been holding in.
I've done smaller doses two more times after, with and around other people, but those trips were terrible and I felt anxious and annoyed the whole time. I have some more and I've been waiting for the right time to take them by myself in my room again haha.

Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
I've tried LSD recreationally and besides making it so that I couldn't fall asleep for the next few days, it caused me to have an episode of depersonalization that lasted several months. Luckily eventually that went away, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with a history of mental illness

I can't speak for any other drugs though