nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
I was thinking of doing that being an antinatalist. Some of my friends think it's a fab idea while others think it's insane. Quite frankly, I'd rather experience the regret of not having kids than the regret of having them but not wanting them.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
If you feel it's right for you then I'd say yeah go for it. I mean even if you were to change your mind you could always adopt. Or maybe do one of those sperm bank things and save some if you want your own. Point is even if you were to change your mind at any point there are options.

Reactions: deleted
Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
I did when I was 25. Still the best decision I ever made. Then again I've always been 200% sure I don't want any kids.

Reactions: Meditation guide and GoodPersonEffed
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Why not just pull out? It's just as much fun, maybe even more fun, and doesn't require surgery.

Reactions: AnestheticVoid
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I didn't because I have ovaries, but when my parents couldn't have kids, they decided to not find out which one of them was the cause, pursued adoption, and my dad got a vasectomy. They were in their mid to late twenties.

Also, vasectomies can be reversed. I don't know what percentage. I did have a friend whose husband had his vasectomy reversed and they had two kids. Definitely his, they look just like him.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I was thinking of doing that being an antinatalist. Some of my friends think it's a fab idea while others think it's insane. Quite frankly, I'd rather experience the regret of not having kids than the regret of having them but not wanting them.
I don't know why more men don't do that. My boyfriend was "shooting blanks" (had vasectomy) and it was so nice.

Reactions: membo
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I'm not equipped to have a vasectomy, but I had myself sterilized when I was 24. It's been great.

Reactions: Meditation guide
nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
I don't know why more men don't do that. My boyfriend was "shooting blanks" (had vasectomy) and it was so nice.

Can I ask what age was he and did you have kids before?

I suppose, many men view being fertile as being masculine.

There's also the thing where even men who request a vasectomy will be refused because the doctors deem them too young.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
He had been married and had three kids in his 20s, so late 20's. I've known a lot of men and he is the first that had that done.
It was one of the best things about him.

nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
He had been married and had three kids in his 20s, so late 20's. I've known a lot of men and he is the first that had that done.
It was one of the best things about him.

Well I wonder how common is it to get it done without kids.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Well I wonder how common is it to get it done without kids.

I had no children, and it was sheer luck that I was included in a pilot program. Sterilizing young healthy childless women was not the norm.

Reactions: Meditation guide
nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
Like I said he is the only man I've ever known with one. Men don't have the motivation.

And why do you think that is?

Do you think from a purely economical point of view, sterilisations are a good idea?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Do you think from a purely economical point of view, sterilisations are a good idea?
I have no idea. It's really weird. My boyfriend said it took less than half an hour and was painless. They don't seem to think about unwanted pregnancies too much.

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I have no idea. It's really weird. My boyfriend said it took less than half an hour and was painless. They don't seem to think about unwanted pregnancies too much.

Some of us do. I've never wanted to get a girlfriend pregnant. It's always been a HUGE concern for me. I never got a vasectomy because I didn't understand fully what it was, I have a phobia of doctors and surgeries, and I've been s starving artist my whole life.

Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
If I live long enough, I want to donate my uterus. Recently there has been a success story about a baby being successfully delivered from a donated uterus, it would be amazing if I could give a stranger something I don't want. Problem is they mainly accept people over 30 (I'm 23) and who have given birth already. But hopefully that will change in the future. Link;
Mother successfully delivers baby from donated uterus