Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
I read too many schizo theories about postmortem survival and now I fear death and feel anxious over it periodically. There's one in particular (can't name it because it's an infohazard) that I can't shake. I lost my faith in physicalism and I no longer believe in nonexistence.

Last edited:
Reactions: myusername890
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
No. Because I have studied enough biology to be unable to believe anything than what everything in the real world points to. That's not to say there is no fear present of course...

golta

golta

Just wants more company
Apr 14, 2024
No. Because I have studied enough biology to be unable to believe anything than what everything in the real world points to. That's not to say there is no fear present of course...
I can't either, faith haven't do anything good for me

justpeachyyyy

justpeachyyyy

May 14, 2024
The thing that makes the most sense is that once you're gone that's it. Everything else is a cope made up by humans to either feel better about death or to control others. It calms me knowing that I'll just disappear into the void forever. I personally believe it feels like when you sleep without dreaming.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and myusername890
Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
The thing that makes the most sense is that once you're gone that's it. Everything else is a cope made up by humans to either feel better about death or to control others. It calms me knowing that I'll just disappear into the void forever. I personally believe it feels like when you sleep without dreaming.
It only makes the most sense if physicalism is true, and we don't know that it is. The hard problem of consciousness has yet to be solved by it, and there are anomalous phenomena that physicalism can't explain at present.