WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
I'm done with r/SuicideWatch. For the last time, I don't need 'help'.

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Hyperbunny, disabledandhopeless and 8 others
NotOkay_

NotOkay_

The damage is done, so i guess I’ll be leaving
Dec 2, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: Hyperbunny, symphonyofthenight, DivineMedicus and 3 others
PursuitofWonder

PursuitofWonder

Student
Dec 12, 2020
I'm not here specifically for that reason, though I have some experiences,and I agree r/suicidewatch is pretty worthless. After my attempt over the summer, I was in the ER and I got preached to about Jesus for about an hour by a nurse, while I was gushing blood out of my head of all things. It took them 2 hours to finally get a doctor over to close the wound meanwhile the asshat nurse was free to preach while I bled out, they think they're helping and that's the worst part.

• Hugs
Reactions: DivineMedicus, sweater, Deleted member 22624 and 2 others
NotOkay_

NotOkay_

Dec 2, 2020
I'm not here specifically for that reason, though I have some experiences,and I agree r/suicidewatch is pretty worthless. After my attempt over the summer, I was in the ER and I got preached to about Jesus for about an hour by a nurse, while I was gushing blood out of my head of all things. It took them 2 hours to finally get a doctor over to close the wound meanwhile the asshat nurse was free to preach while I bled out, they think they're helping and that's the worst part.
Sorry to hear that x sounds shit

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
God, that's horrible! I'm sorry you had to go through that. I agree a lot of these people are well-intentioned, albeit misguided. I used to hate them, but now it's just one ear in and out the other.

H

hellodarkness

Dec 8, 2020
I personally don't really understand the utility of r/suicidewatch. Not to minimize the posters on that sub at all, but I don't think most genuinely suicidal people are going to post on a sub specifically aimed at talking you out of it. But who the fuck am I, you know?

I came to this site because my mother raised me if I was going to do anything in life, I better be the best at it. CTB included I guess. No attempts, only success requires thorough research :notsure:

Reactions: Hyperbunny, DivineMedicus, sweater and 2 others
NotOkay_

NotOkay_

Dec 2, 2020
I personally don't really understand the utility of r/suicidewatch. Not to minimize the posters on that sub at all, but I don't think most genuinely suicidal people are going to post on a sub specifically aimed at talking you out of it. But who the fuck am I, you know?

I came to this site because my mother raised me if I was going to do anything in life, I better be the best at it. CTB included I guess. No attempts, only success requires thorough research :notsure:
Yeah I thought initially that sub would be like this but boy was i wrong . And Fair enough haha x

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
This is the only place I've found, in the clearnet at least, with the least amount of all the usual stuff truly suicidal people don't want.

And even for people with doubts, this is among the most knowledgeable place I've found for help with fixing life, even if such help is offered a bit less.

The age distribution here is quite a bit older as well here which is nice. The strangest thing is I think we have more actual health professionals here! That stinks and makes me get angry about society, how people who could help are so often just emptied of capacity to care by the wealthy and corporations etc etc etc

Reactions: Hyperbunny, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, demuic and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I came here after Reddit and it's stupid censorship that shut down the subreddit r/SanctionedSuicide and r/TrueSanctionedSuicide in March 2018. I floated around r/TimeToGo for a while (before it became quarantined) and then decided to join this site in August 2018. This has been my go to place whenever I wish to talk about topics related to suicide, right to die, and also methods. This site is far superior to the other platforms as it allows discussion of methods without censorship. Also, this is a pro-choice site as it does not encourage anyone to die nor does it push pro-life rhetoric onto people.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, wolfsoul, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 4 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Yeah r/suicidewatch is just awful. r/depression is similar. I don't know why anyone would want to post anyone says is "noooo don't do it you have so much to live for people care about you life is beautiful etc etc more pro life cliches that you've already heard 500 times before." Just trying to push people toward life without actually understanding their viewpoint or the suffering they've been through.

SS is so much better. :heart:

I do feel bad for the people on there who think they're gonna die after taking 60 advil or whatever.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, NotOkay_ and 3 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I have never interacted directly (talked) with any armchair therapists or those with similar attitudes, but I did lurk in some other communities before I knew that Sanctioned Suicide existed. From personal experience: they all generally had the same phrases which were repeated in every topic, and it got boring reading them. Eventually I discovered Sanctioned Suicide and lurked here for a while, and the difference in the way people talk and respond to each other, compared to other communities, is a huge contrast - it was a breath of fresh air finding SS, so I joined.

Reactions: NotOkay_, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Deleted member 22624