• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

E

EnvyTangerine

Mar 5, 2023
I have alters who have historically prevented me from CTB. One believes we already died from a past attempt and that we're now some immortal zombie or something, and others come in and stop me or whichever one of us is attempting. Does anyone have any advice on how to make sure this doesn't happen?

Reactions: jodes2 and ranaway
E

EnvyTangerine

Mar 5, 2023
Just take SN, how can they stop you?
Forgive me, but I'm new and don't know what SN means. They have physically overridden control in order to stop whoever was trying to CTB.

nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
Forgive me, but I'm new and don't know what SN means. They have physically overridden control in order to stop whoever was trying to CTB.
I'm sorry this user said this to you. Encouraging CTB isn't allowed on here

Reactions: looseye
G

gnomes

Mar 1, 2023
I don't know what you have gone through. DID alters protecting you from CTB seems like a defense mechanism cognitively in place because some part knows you deserve to exist.

Reactions: nozomu
Lavander 230

Lavander 230

Student
Mar 3, 2023
Do you have the source? Who said that? I never heard anything of the sort.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
your not making much coherent scene what's an alter, and what have they physically overridden control of exactly

G

gnomes

Mar 1, 2023
Do you have the source? Who said that? I never heard anything of the sort.
You can easily find anecdotes from people on youtube and blog posts about their protector alters who step in for the "host" and the system so they do not do self harm/ctb.

birdofafeather

birdofafeather

Just tired
Feb 12, 2023
I have alters who have historically prevented me from CTB. One believes we already died from a past attempt and that we're now some immortal zombie or something, and others come in and stop me or whichever one of us is attempting. Does anyone have any advice on how to make sure this doesn't happen?
I've had similar problems in the past. The issue is, it took me a while to convince my alters that this was the best course of action. If you have ways of speaking to them, because I know there sometimes can be a block, you can try discuss it with them and try and come to a solution all of you are happy with (the 3 years extra life we negotiated recently expired so I'm finally sure that I can CTB without anyone stealing the front and preventing me).
Another option, that I have tried, and it hasn't turned out really effective and just caused a lot of extra pain in the process, is to try force dormancy. The issue is, they will fight back. And trying to force dormancy / integration tends to cause a lot of shutdowns and flashbacks, especially if the alter you're forcing out is a trauma holder. Also, it doesn't tend to be that effective. They usually pop up again once I get really distressed and they steal front and I lose access to my body for the next few weeks or months. If you feel you can handle this, it can be an option, but it can also have disastrous impacts on your life.
Another option is to try get fully integrated in therapy. I understand that some of us can't wait that long.

I'm sorry. Being a suicidal system is... challenging to say the least. You can't ever be taken seriously, no matter how hard you try because there is always something blocking you, be it an alter, or society itself.
I wish you all the best. I hope everything turns out okay. And hey, you never know, maybe your alters can help you find a way to live with yourself. You just have to try communicate.

nozomu

nozomu

Nov 28, 2022
I don't know what you have gone through. DID alters protecting you from CTB seems like a defense mechanism cognitively in place because some part knows you deserve to exist.
This is how I feel about it. I've only recently begun exploring DID as a possiblity to explain the polarity in my moods and feelings, but basically my main mindset knows I deserve to exist and it's my other mindsets that plan my suicide. So the reverse of OP's situation.

Reactions: Deathisbetter
nozomu

nozomu

Nov 28, 2022
your not making much coherent scene what's an alter, and what have they physically overridden control of exactly
Alters are the alternate personas that present in DID.

• Informative
Reactions: Deathisbetter and Darkover
E

EnvyTangerine

Mar 5, 2023
Thank you everyone. Sorry for the late response, there have been a few alters unhappy that we're here, but this is what we need to do. There's no point in continuing living, especially when nothing we try fixes things.

Quick edit to say I don't think those alters will interact here, so there should be nothing for anyone else here to worry about.