Vivian

Vivian

Mar 6, 2019
My doctor will not prescribe me diazepam. I am currently diagnosed with schizophrenia and he says anti-anxiety drugs are not for my condition. He will only prescribe me anti-psychotics. What should I do? I don't want to arouse suspicion, so how can I get him to give me diazepam?

H

headinghome

Experienced
Apr 11, 2019
My doctor will not prescribe me diazepam. I am currently diagnosed with schizophrenia and he says anti-anxiety drugs are not for my condition. He will only prescribe me anti-psychotics. What should I do? I don't want to arouse suspicion, so how can I get him to give me diazepam?
Guess you have to convince him you also suffer from anxiety

Memento Mori

Memento Mori

shambling garbage
Jan 24, 2019
tell him you cant sleep, you get panic attacks, and your antipsychotics dont calm you...idk. shed some tears^^
best is to change your doc since some of them just wont prescribe to you because you're too young or your case doesn't fit. others don't care and just throw valiums after you

do you want any benzo or especially diazepam? most likely he will give you tavor or xanax as an anxiolytic. i can't speak much for that schizo-case, don't know how they exactly handle this but I know that some people get them described for schizophrenia

Reactions: Superfluous, throwaway_2620, Roberto and 1 other person
S

Spiko

May 30, 2018
Change your doctor. Some doctors even prescribe you diazepam.

Reactions: throwaway_2620 and Roberto
Vivian

Vivian

Mar 6, 2019
Ok, I'll try and change my doctor. I don't know if the change will be approved, however.

Reactions: throwaway_2620 and Roberto
Memento Mori

Memento Mori

shambling garbage
Jan 24, 2019
you can tell other docs that you already tried different things and the antipsychotics also don't help for that one problem you have to solve with benzos. try to convince him that you're not just looking for something to get high but you can't bear that misery without them

Reactions: throwaway_2620
N

NOT

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
I am also on antipsychotics. I have to tell you when person is psychotic diazepam has no influence. Diazepam is for ordinary people to drink it when they are grumpy.

Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
I would definitely work the insomnia angle and say that "Z" drugs like Ambien, Sonata, etc. don't do squat. Tell the doc you've gone a couple days with like 1-2 hours of sleep at night. Make sure you mention you're anti-psychotics don't help, and say you've tried Trazodone and Remeron. I'm just trying to cover your bases so they don't give you some bullshit drug that only makes you sleep because it's a side effect. Are you hell-bent on diazepam? Because the doc may want to prescribe you Temezepam, which is still a long-acting benzo that will definitely knock you out.

Vivian

Vivian

Mar 6, 2019
@Ruffian My problem with working the insomnia angle is the insomnia drugs are not prescribed to me. I'll just admit that anti-psychotics don't help. Hopefully, that works.

Reactions: Ruffian
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
@Ruffian My problem with working the insomnia angle is the insomnia drugs are not prescribed to me. I'll just admit that anti-psychotics don't help. Hopefully, that works.
Sorry. I was thinking you had a relatively new. doctor. I don't know what country you're from. but in the US if you change your psychiatrist the new one won't ever check with the old one about what meds you were on. The. only place you might even raise a little suspicion would be the pharmacy.