soap

soap

Pronounced dead
Jan 14, 2021
Diabetes, back pain all over, and broken teeth. All this and I'm under 30.

Also a college dropout with zero work prospects, so the future is garbage however I look at it.

For anyone else here with bad health, is it the major reason you want out?
Cuz the thought never crossed my mind when i was healthy.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: lobster salad, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Otto and 8 others
S

SITEFAN

Jan 14, 2021
Yes I have had some health issues and this has caused me to think about it as well.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie, deadspirit and Pookie
soap

soap

Pronounced dead
Jan 14, 2021
What makes it all worse is that I brought those conditions on myself, ironically by trying to improve my health.

If the disease came by itself I wouldn't feel regret at least.
Yes I have had some health issues and this has caused me to think about it as well.
Like what? And are they chronic

• Aww..
Reactions: lobster salad and kite
N

Natty

Student
Jul 27, 2020
What makes it all worse is that I brought those conditions on myself, ironically by trying to improve my health.

How did you worsen your diabetes by improving your health?

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Nymph
soap

soap

Pronounced dead
Jan 14, 2021
How did you worsen your diabetes by improving your health?
Extreme sunbathing. Sat half naked in 35c weather for 20 minutes straight, not even in the shade but directly under the sun. All for the vitamin d and health benefits.

Did it daily for like a year. Right after this I noticed diabetes symptoms and back pain. I got a mole that may be skin cancer out of it too.

I prolly had prediabetes before the sunbathing.

K

Keto

Student
Feb 8, 2020
Hello.
Since when do you have diabetes? If it begins when you are adult, you can with diet and exercise reverse it and potentially go without medications.
Hope you get better soon.

Reactions: lobster salad and Disco Biscuit
soap

soap

Pronounced dead
Jan 14, 2021
Hello.
Since when do you have diabetes? If it begins when you are adult, you can with diet and exercise reverse it and potentially go without medications.
For 3 years now. Dieting is a pain and exercise is impossible thanks to lower back injuries

I can barely walk 5 minutes let alone exercise

pen

pen

it's A non Getting Down socializing situation
Dec 25, 2020
I healed my with: NSAIDs, a good mattress, swimming and keto diet.

If you need help with any of those, PM me. I'll help you on how to proceed.

NSAIDs: Fights the inflammation.

Mattress: Corrects your skeleton position.

Keto diet: Eliminates the sugar spikes.

Swimming: No impact exercise.

• Love
Reactions: stygal, lobster salad, Cherry Crumpet and 2 others
N

Natty

Student
Jul 27, 2020
Extreme sunbathing.

Vitamin D deficiency can be an issue but it is quite literally hundreds of things more impactful to diabetes than this.

Reactions: Nymph
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Getting diagnosed with Diabetes about a year ago certainly changed my outlook to lean more towards CTB but it was only one of the main factors for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie and soap
kite

kite

caustic cynicism
Jan 10, 2021
Extreme sunbathing. Sat half naked in 35c weather for 20 minutes straight, not even in the shade but directly under the sun. All for the vitamin d and health benefits.

Did it daily for like a year. Right after this I noticed diabetes symptoms and back pain. I got a mole that may be skin cancer out of it too.

Would you mind telling me more about this? I know many people in my country that spend many hours directly under the sun; have you considered that you might be genetically predisposed to these conditions?

soap

soap

Pronounced dead
Jan 14, 2021
Would you mind telling me more about this? I know many people in my country that spend many hours directly under the sun; have you considered that you
Not much more to tell honestly. I'd sit in the summer sun half naked with no sunscreen or eye protection. Idk if people in ur country or anywhere else would do something this extreme.

I only had some mild diabetes symptoms before the sunbathing, but overall I was healthy and high energy. I doubt this was genetic.
type 1 or 2?
Prolly 2, never got it checked or diagnosed tho

• Hugs
Reactions: kite
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
Not much more to tell honestly. I'd sit in the summer sun half naked with no sunscreen or eye protection. Idk if people in ur country or anywhere else would do something this extreme.

I only had some mild diabetes symptoms before the sunbathing, but overall I was healthy and high energy. I doubt this was genetic.

Prolly 2, never got it checked or diagnosed tho

You should. If it's type 1 you'll need insulin. Type 2 can be managed by proper eating habits and exercise, or it may be necessary to take meds. Go to a doctor.

Reactions: Cherry Crumpet and Deleted member 94
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
well at least you have an easy way out too much insulin or too much sugar

Noodlebug

Noodlebug

Aug 22, 2020
Hello.
This isn't always true, I was diagnosed with Type 1 when I was 24 years old, so definitely an adult.

deadspirit

deadspirit

Jan 9, 2021
Yeah chronic pain is my main reason. Declining health sucks... When I was healthy I thought about CTB but was never serious about it, now I'm deadset on it

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, muffin222 and 2 others
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Diabetes, back pain all over, and broken teeth. All this and I'm under 30.

Also a college dropout with zero work prospects, so the future is garbage however I look at it.

For anyone else here with bad health, is it the major reason you want out?
Cuz the thought never crossed my mind when i was healthy.
Literally my desire to die stems from physical conditions that persist in spite of my youth. My ailments in particular were drug-induced, but I totally understand where you're coming from. There are few pains greater than that of having your body betray you.

Last edited:
Reactions: stygal, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and Pookie
NoDream

NoDream

Student
Mar 27, 2018
If you dont have a diagnos how do you know you have it?

Reactions: Pookie
J

Johnjohn1

Student
Nov 7, 2020
Very bad health is the only reason I want out. If my life wasn't ruined from Levaquin antibiotics and Lyme disease I would never have remotely consider this option. But here I am now in this position

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie, muffin222 and Pookie
pen

pen

it's A non Getting Down socializing situation
Dec 25, 2020
Avril Lavigne had lyme disease, healed it in two years, from 2014 to 2016, maybe you could find her path to recover and use it.

Reactions: Pookie
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020

20 minutes of daily sunbathing unprotected is not excessive, especially after building a tan. Did you sunburn during any of these sessions? Where you dehydrated during those sessions?

I've read some medical experts recommend around 10 to 20 minutes of daily unprotected sunshine during peak hours - 10 am to 3 pm.

I would bet your other lifestyle factors, and possibly genetics, were a way more significant factor than sunbathing. Is your BMI in range? (Rhetorical question, and actually all my questions are rhetorical, as I'm only making my point). Are you aware of glycemic index and glycemic load, and do you eat accordingly? Do you only eat whole, unprocessed foods? How many grams of dietary sugars (fructose, glucose, and sucrose) do you consume in a day?

You mentioned back pain (you're in good company) and your inability to exercise. Lack of exercise is likely to be a significant factor with glucose control.

The mechanisms for the development of diabetes are complex and nothing is operating within a vaccum. If the mere fact that sitting in the sun was the "straw that broke the camels back", then I'm going to venture to guess that diabetes was in your cards with or without sunbathing.

The moral of the story is you shouldn't beat yourself up for sunbathing, and if I were in your shoes, I would not give the decision to sunbathe a second thought. (Correlation is not causation). But, I would definitely see a primary or dermatologist about the mole.

Reactions: Wrennie
soap

soap

Pronounced dead
Jan 14, 2021
20 minutes of daily sunbathing unprotected is not excessive, especially after building a tan. Did you sunburn during any of these sessions? Where you dehydrated during those sessions?

I've read some medical experts recommend around 10 to 20 minutes of daily unprotected sunshine during peak hours - 10 am to 3 pm.

I would bet your other lifestyle factors, and possibly genetics, were a way more significant factor than sunbathing. Is your BMI in range? (Rhetorical question, and actually all my questions are rhetorical, as I'm only making my point). Are you aware of glycemic index and glycemic load, and do you eat accordingly? Do you only eat whole, unprocessed foods? How many grams of dietary sugars (fructose, glucose, and sucrose) do you consume in a day?

You mentioned back pain (you're in good company) and your inability to exercise. Lack of exercise is likely to be a significant factor with glucose control.

The mechanisms for the development of diabetes are complex and nothing is operating within a vaccum. If the mere fact that sitting in the sun was the "straw that broke the camels back", then I'm going to venture to guess that diabetes was in your cards with or without sunbathing.

The moral of the story is you shouldn't beat yourself up for sunbathing, and if I were in your shoes, I would not give the decision to sunbathe a second thought. (Correlation is not causation). But, I would definitely see a primary or dermatologist about the mole.
My diet and weight weren't healthy per se, but nothing that should cause diabetes, especially at a young age.
There's no history of it in the family either, so I doubt it's genetics.

I didn't get sunburn or dehydration when sunbathing tho, so you might have a point.

• Hugs
Reactions: Chupacabra 44
P

Peachycherry

Oct 3, 2020
I'm type 1 diabetic so I can understand your struggles, and I'm sorry you feel this way. To answer your question, diabetes isn't my main reason for ctb but it's definitely a contributing factor. Though, I was suicidal a long time before my diagnosis. Not to discourage you in the slightest, but my control isn't even that bad (worst hbA1c was 8.4, last one was 7.2 %) and I've already shown signs of complications, namely neuropathic pain in my legs mostly at night. It gets worse when I lose control over my blood sugar, lately I haven't experienced much pain since my control is better. Similar to you, I've been diagnosed 3 years ago. The reason why diabetes is so distressing to me is that even with tight control (which is near impossible to achieve...), you can develop complications. I'm a nursing student and nothing brings my mood down like seeing all the diseases associated with diabetes: cardiovascular and kidney disease, chronic pain (neuropathy), infections, slow to heal wounds, high blood pressure, stroke... the list goes on.

Though I'll have to highlight something that's bugging me : are you sure it's diabetes?
I'll be honest, I've never heard that sun exposure, or vitamin D excess, plays a role in developing T2 diabetes. As others have mentioned, diabetes is very complex, and could be caused by so many factors unknown to you (insulin resistance, inappropriate glucose storage by liver, etc). Hell, my grandma has been active and ate well all her life, but has been diagnosed T2D. Actually, sunbathing always causes me to have low blood sugar, because insulin is absorbed more quickly in high temperatures.
My second concern is that what you're suffering from isn't actually diabetes, since you haven't been diagnosed.
Some other illnesses share the same symptoms as diabetes: thirst, frequent urination, increased hunger yet gradual weight loss, frequent infections, blurriness in vision, chronic fatigue...
Some of these look a lot like thyroid imbalances, for example, so I'd be worth getting it checked out.
With all that being said, I don't wish to take away from your experience. I know how much diabetes reduces your quality of life, not to mention how it's not even taken seriously sometimes. I do wish to add that you're not a hopeless case. There's still time for you to get diagnosed, and stop the progression of eventual complications. It's a disease that never truly stops progressing, but just getting meds could significantly improve your quality of life, especially since diabetes is a factor for ctb. For example, depression is highly common in diabetics. I do understand that it's not your only reason for wanting to ctb, so I'd understand if you're not willing to undertake treatment. Please ignore my advice if it doesn't seem helpful.
In the meantime, stay hydrated and limit your intake of foods that can spike blood sugar (ex. trade white bread for brown), to avoid symptoms of hyperglycemia. Just avoiding high blood sugar can make you feel much better in my experience. Wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: Chupacabra 44 and soap
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I am sorry you are suffering with this, even if it is speculation at this point that you are diabetic. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Seeing the monitors and needles people constantly have to jab themselves with makes me sick, even though I've had my fair share of blood tests and IVs. I assume you haven't had recent fasting glucose and A1C blood tests done yet, and thus you can't get the diagnosis?

Illness is a major reason for my desire to CTB. While I don't have diabetes, I have neuropathic pain similar to what diabetics endure. Medications like Lyrica or Cymbalta do nothing for me. My limbs just always feel like they are full of static and I haven't had relief in years.

That alone is enough to drive anyone insane, but it's only one of many awful symptoms I have to deal with daily. Chronic fatigue and IBS like to wreck havoc on my life as well. I genuinely can't remember what it feels like to not be tired or have dehabilitating neurological symptoms that make my perception permanently blurry.

A life of pain isn't really life. At this point, it's just existing.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: the_final_countdown, kite and soap
finalexit

finalexit

Jan 24, 2021
I got diagnosed with diabetes a few years ago. That along with other physical pain and issues all adds up and makes everyday life miserable. Under 30 as well and feels like it's only going to get harder with so many more years to go. Not the main reasons for wanting to die though. Been suicidal for years for non-physical reasons. Hair loss is another big one too, been gradual but ruined my 20s obsessing over it. Even though it's just hair and genetic, contributes to feeling unhealthy and like I'm deteriorating.