N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
When i am severly depressed i love to listen to David Foster Wallace stories.
This is a good one. (He is an author who ctb.)
Just wanted to share that. Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: GravityUtilizer and Superdeterminist
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I really enjoyed this one. I also listened to readings of his book 'Infinite Jest' and his famous university speech 'This Is Water', they were really interesting. The film 'The End of the Tour' (2015) centres around Wallace, I found it very poignant.

Reactions: GravityUtilizer and noname223
N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
This is my most favorite video. I watched it twenty times lol.

• Love
Reactions: GravityUtilizer and Superdeterminist
N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
On which topics do you have disagreements with him? I do not like his points on drugs. I am more conservative in terms of that. Moreover i would not vote for Republicans if i was American lol.

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
On which topics do you have disagreements with him? I do not like his points on drugs. I am more conservative in terms of that. Moreover i would not vote for Republicans if i was American lol.
I don't remember specifically, I just definitely recall not appreciating some of his stances when listening to his talks. I think I remember taking issue with a pro-life tone that seemed to run through his 'This Is Water' talk.

N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
I think his pro life tone inspired me live life despite suffering. I really liked Consider the lobster. But as his life i think that my life might will also come to a point where suffering becomes unbearable. He lived more than 20 years despite being heavily depressed. Sadly my problems would be solved if i was a successful author. His problems were not the money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Superdeterminist
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I think his pro life tone inspired me live life despite suffering. I really liked Consider the lobster. But as his life i think that my life might will also come to a point where suffering becomes unbearable. He lived more than 20 years despite being heavily depressed. Sadly my problems would be solved if i was a successful author. His problems was not the money.
He definitely made it very far considering his extremely debilitating state of mind. I appreciate striving for a positive outlook as he did, I just dislike the idea that everyone has an obligation to do the same.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and noname223
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
'The Depressed Person' is great! My favourite from Brief Interviews with Hideous Men. And I finally read IJ last year, tough going at times but well worth it! He writes about addiction particularly well.

Reactions: noname223