InkBlot

InkBlot

What Do You See?
Sep 17, 2018
Interestingly enough, I use a mobile device to log on to SS. Today, after reading about the police activity post, I signed in and SS prompted me to allow my device to give them my location. Sketch tastic.

O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
All mainstream browsers default to asking for location anymore...not some conspiracy. Also using your phone to view this place isn't smart. Tor on a computer is the only sensible way.

inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
All mainstream browsers default to asking for location anymore...not some conspiracy. Also using your phone to view this place isn't smart. Tor on a computer is the only sensible way.

Tor isn't exactly smart either, considering Tor itself is a red flag.

O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Tor isn't exactly smart either, considering Tor itself is a red flag.

It's the best option for staying as anonymous as possible online and tons better than the clearnet browsing on ipads etc that most users here seem to be doing. I don't see the level of law enforcement that might be investigating this place having the resources to analyze traffic and de-anonymize anyone. The manpower and money required for that aren't used on small potatoes like us. It's used on big time criminals with major money or political issues at stake.

Last edited:
InkBlot

InkBlot

What Do You See?
Sep 17, 2018

Ive been asked to use my location on 2 websites, including this one. Torbot exists for mobile devices as well.

Deleted member 4288

Deleted member 4288

So much pain...
Dec 3, 2018
I almost always use mobile for this website (more comfortable + VPN) and this website never asked me for location.

This website has no ads or trackers.

Which browser are you using? It could be the browser asking you, not the SS.

Reactions: not_a_robot
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
I almost always use mobile for this website (more comfortable + VPN) and this website never asked me for location.

I use protonvpn on mobile. Is this really as secure as usinh it on a laptop?