T

thereisnosavior

Oct 23, 2023
This may be sound controversial but have any of you guys had thoughts of suicide because you desired to meet God. I was born and raised Christian and am now only agnostic. Everything hurts and I do want to kill myself to end the pain, but I have this stronger desire to go through with it because I want to meet God. Maybe its me seeing how fucked up this world is and how if there is a God, he allows it to happen while standing idle. I guess I just want to question him, mainly as to why people like us were given traumatic situations and terrible mental health, while there are people out there who have no trauma and a completely clear headspace. Just want to know your guys' thoughts

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and ipmanwc0
Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
I am atheĆÆst and thus feel nothing like that. I believe that when i die, my brain dies and thus my consciousness dies.

Reactions: Darkover
f1lth

f1lth

fleabag
Jul 9, 2023
i do want to know what happens when we die, im also agnostic but i wasnt raised christian and i think i have a different idea of god than you do. But i do really wonder, and i see finding out as another upside of death

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think I'm more afraid of the unknown than fascinated. I guess I have also pictured meeting God and getting a few questions answered. Honestly, I'm leaning more towards atheism now though.

Really though- I think there are different versions of God. Modern religion seems to sugar coat it- the teacher, parental figure. Given the direct evidence we have- how this world was set up in the first place, I'm not certain that God is a reasonable being. I get the impression more of a narcissistic sadist.

Narcissistic sadists probably aren't all that interested in what their victims think. They have some delluded story going on inside their head as to why their cruel and despicable acts are justified. I wonder if it would be a case of God gaslighting us if we ever met them. I really hope there's nothing after this.

thedevilwithin

thedevilwithin

anima vestra
Oct 4, 2023
i'm agnostic myself, raised religiously(islam). i wonder about what happens after death everyday. i don't think there's a god, but us humans do have something within us. some call it a soul or consciousness. maybe it goes somewhere, maybe it doesn't. it could also just be like the time before you were born. it's definitely interesting.

Reactions: _apathetic
A

_apathetic

Not my mother tongue, sorry.
Oct 1, 2023
i'm agnostic myself, raised religiously(islam). i wonder about what happens after death everyday. i don't think there's a god, but us humans do have something within us. some call it a soul or consciousness. maybe it goes somewhere, maybe it doesn't. it could also just be like the time before you were born. it's definitely interesting.
Yes, there is no god, at least personal god.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
when you die you cease to exist altogether Eternal oblivion

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
In your opinion. You don't know anymore than the rest of us.
i know there's no god, i also know that when you die everything you are also dies, the only thing is that this place could bring alive again either that or nothing forever

Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
i know there's no god, i also know that when you die everything you are also dies, the only thing is that this place could bring alive again either that or nothing forever
We all bow down to your superior knowledge, oh wise one.. šŸ¤