MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
Living has been more painful then before recently due to this and just wondering if anyone else experiences it.

It's like im in a 3rd point of view of my own life and I'm detached and disconnected from everything including my feiends/family and my self and my own problems besides my depression and mental issues....

It's unbearable and I feel like im going insane...it's even more unbearable in complete silence

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: backtoearth, mind_split, Archness and 3 others
TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
Derealisation and depersonalisation are something we all experience to varying degrees. It can be an adaptive behaviour, shielding us from traumatic experiences and situations. It can, of course, also become maladaptive, and last for a bloody long time. Even then, it's shielding you from something that feels to difficult to confront.

Don't know if you're into podcasts, but here's a good one on derealisation and depersonalisation. I think it does a good job explaining the situation, and how people who constantly deal with these states are not insane, and definitely not alone.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
Scattered-Soul

Scattered-Soul

It was an indescribable pain
Oct 2, 2023
I've been living with those for 4 years now, I completely get the feeling that you might go insane. Good news is that it's just a feeling despite it being pretty excruciating. Do you know what caused them for you? If you give more details people might be able to help.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Had depersonalisation and derealisation issues for years now.
I just tell myself that it isn't harmful and that I'm not going insane, it's just brain chemistry.
My bouts of depersonalisation and derealisation are linked to stress levels, and panic episodes.

Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
Yeah, my brain is overloaded.
I think since childhood, I've sought ways to absolutely distract myself, from myself. No thoughts aside from immediate distractions, even my "friends" and "classmates" where mere distractions.

Only now am I thinking about all those things, all too much to ignore now that I'm considering suicide... TOO FUCKING LATE TOO!!!

MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
I've been living with those for 4 years now, I completely get the feeling that you might go insane. Good news is that it's just a feeling despite it being pretty excruciating. Do you know what caused them for you? If you give more details people might be able to help.
No clue what caused them it just happened. I've had small episodes before but they didn't last for more than 10 minutes now it's constant. I haven't gone through anything super traumatic besides my mental issues

Altalune

Altalune

alea iacta est
Oct 21, 2023
Honestly I've been going through this for a long time now. It's sort of like floating above your own body. Sometimes I don't feel real to the point that I'll refuse to do things for myself, like attend classes or practice self-care. I've been to a psychologist and a psychiatrist about it to no avail...

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Sounds like really classic clinical depression, almost as if you feel you're viewing life through a pane of glass.