suffering

suffering

Too p*ssy to end it, too suicidal to leave
Aug 17, 2018
Once you experience depressive realism, nothing can ever be the same again. Even if you win the lottery and all your wishes come true and whatever, you will always know that beneath the surface of it all there's only desperation lurking. Desperation, futility, boredom, aging and illusions. Nothing can ever be the same again.

Reactions: Élégie, ithappens, Cold and 18 others
Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
Once you experience depressive realism, nothing can ever be the same again. Even if you win the lottery and all your wishes come true and whatever, you will always know that beneath the surface of it all there's only desperation lurking. Desperation, futility, boredom, aging and illusions. Nothing can ever be the same again.

It cannot be unlearned. It makes it that much harder to interact with "life apologist". Especially if you lose your veil before adulthood.

Reactions: Élégie, BottomlessPit, RayoSinSol and 8 others
Meeseeks

Meeseeks

Student
Nov 15, 2018
I hear you on the inability to unlearn. It's a cruel joke. I cannot get joy out of anything at the moment.

Reactions: Élégie, ithappens, Journeytoletgo and 6 others
W

wxtyubidi7y

Student
Jun 30, 2018
It hardly occurs to any non-depressed people that the population might have a widespread optimism bias.

Reactions: Élégie, ithappens, BottomlessPit and 10 others
E

EpidemicOfDenial

Oct 24, 2018

It appears that we're so depressed that we can only speak of depressing things even in the "off-topic" chat.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, sif, Redt2go and 1 other person
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
It hardly occurs to any non-depressed people that the population might have a widespread optimism bias.

You don't have to be an optimist to be non-depressed though. Like me I'm not depressed and I'm not an optimist (and neither a pessimist).

Reactions: sif, Skathon and Weeping Garbage Can
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
I am not a pessimist or optimist either. I'm looking at things straight on for what they are. I feel so badly at times for so many reading the stories of depression, abuse, and mental health advocates that advocate anything but mental health. I'm here because my health laid it out for me. It really doesn't matter about the specific reason you here, what matters is that we all are trying to attain some sort of peace. That peace may come in a recovery or it may come with CTB. What does help greatly is shared experiences and shared pain, the discussion of it. It provides clarity, at least to me, and the issues that I'm facing. This site provides an outlet for those seeking to end their pain or directions to a recovery. Whatever the end game is for any of us, I'm glad that outlets like this finally exist in our society, a society that has been sweeping these issues under the rug for so long. Dignity is a two way street. Leading a life of your own choosing is what we all hope for, having a death of our choosing should be as equally dignifying.

Reactions: sif, Smilla, sólstafir and 2 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Yes. You can understand why life sucks and what they tell you is nothing nut lies and illusions.

I can't unlearn and I have to endure until I leave this torture machine called life. But Tbh knowing the truth can be painful, however, gives you the full logical explanation which can greatly reduce or eliminate cognitive dissonance unlike living the illusion and seeing endless shit in life and never getting an answer.

Reactions: sif
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
I agree. This is what I am going through I just see everything as pointless and mundane. I don't want to work idc anymore. I just have to pay off these student debts and then CTB. My ex from years ago gave me so much pain I became so isolated and depressed I looked out in the world and seen how awful and depressive it truly is.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
What some people might call depression, I just see it as being realistic. My feelings are perfectly rational in regards to my circumstances. I see life for what it is, meaningless, tedious and repetitive and most of all filled with suffering. There is no point to it all.

• Love
Reactions: WaaaghEnjoyer and Journeytoletgo