Lost cherry

Lost cherry

Student
Oct 21, 2023
It is very hard to explain to people who have never known serious depression or anxiety the sheer continuous intensity of it. There is no off switch.
When u are sick , everyone are worried about your fever ( 37,5 for example), calling you all the time, bringing soups , fruits, vitamins .
And when you say " i have depression and anxiety " people say "go and work something " or just laughing or just say this is stupid.
This is so sad…How no one understand you.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: imperfectgirl, Cloud Busting, Ksmиda and 9 others
trapped_ina_cage

trapped_ina_cage

Nov 25, 2023
It is very hard to explain to people who have never known serious depression or anxiety the sheer continuous intensity of it. There is no off switch.
When u are sick , everyone are worried about your fever ( 37,5 for example), calling you all the time, bringing soups , fruits, vitamins .
And when you say " i have depression and anxiety " people say "go and work something " or just laughing or just say this is stupid.
It's funny how the people close to us are so empathetic towards other people "Oh that must be terrible I hope he'll get better" or some other bullshit but the moment we open up about being depressed its meet with negative backlash. "Yeah and? There are others who have it worst than you, at least you have a roof over your head, three meals a day, electricity, running water..." blah blah blah its makes me feel even more nauseous. The constant lump in my throat, the feeling of tiny critters gnawing and crawling around inside my head, how my stomach just fucking turns upside and the dry heaving from the overbearing anxiety, self loathing, hopelessness its all fucked man. I had a meltdown and layed everything bare a few days ago and was only met with the usual bullshit people who have no idea what we feel. I'm sorry you're here hell I'm sorry I'm here but at least we can have the comfort of being in company of those who understand what we're going through, those who are actually empathetic.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, gbi2, counting-out-time and 4 others
underthedatetree

underthedatetree

Oct 20, 2023
Outsiders just can not understand. They only believe in certain brain disorders alzheimers and schizophrenia but not other disorders due to lack of empathy in society (many people will know a relative with dementia and only because that kind of suffering affects them personally will they begin to show some compassion, and schizophrenia is idk I guess more "obvious") We're just alone in our type of brain, can only understand each other.

Reactions: imperfectgirl, Cloud Busting, Praestat_Mori and 5 others
ve.nin

ve.nin

Text
Nov 17, 2023
Totally feeling you

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, gbi2, ropearoundatree and 3 others
Lost cherry

Lost cherry

Student
Oct 21, 2023
It's funny how the people close to us are so empathetic towards other people "Oh that must be terrible I hope he'll get better" or some other bullshit but the moment we open up about being depressed its meet with negative backlash. "Yeah and? There are others who have it worst than you, at least you have a roof over your head, three meals a day, electricity, running water..." blah blah blah its makes me feel even more nauseous. The constant lump in my throat, the feeling of tiny critters gnawing and crawling around inside my head, how my stomach just fucking turns upside and the dry heaving from the overbearing anxiety, self loathing, hopelessness its all fucked man. I had a meltdown and layed everything bare a few days ago and was only met with the usual bullshit people who have no idea what we feel. I'm sorry you're here hell I'm sorry I'm here but at least we can have the comfort of being in company of those who understand what we're going through, those who are actually empathetic.
Yes!!!! 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
they actually dont care until u died. And after death is just few more stupid question "oh no, i cant believe that this is heppened, why, she was so normal( of course stupid idiots, because we are all normal) she was so beautiful, yes and? And everyone cry on the funural and buying flowers. For what? When someone is died is no matter are you on funural or no, did u buy the best flowers or not buy any. people need to love someone when he is alive. Dont cry on my funural if you dont care about my life.
Depression is like a one ton elephant..
Totally feeling you
🫶🏼
Outsiders just can not understand. They only believe in certain brain disorders alzheimers and schizophrenia but not other disorders due to lack of empathy in society (many people will know a relative with dementia and only because that kind of suffering affects them personally will they begin to show some compassion, and schizophrenia is idk I guess more "obvious") We're just alone in our type of brain, can only understand each other.
Absolutely right 👍🏻

• Love
Reactions: Joarga, Praestat_Mori, gbi2 and 3 others
ve.nin

ve.nin

Text
Nov 17, 2023
Yes!!!! 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
they actually dont care until u died. And after death is just few more stupid question "oh no, i cant believe that this is heppened, why, she was so normal( of course stupid idiots, because we are all normal) she was so beautiful, yes and? And everyone cry on the funural and buying flowers. For what? When someone is died is no matter are you on funural or no, did u buy the best flowers or not buy any. people need to love someone when he is alive. Dont cry on my funural if you dont care about my life.
Depression is like a one ton elephant..

🫶🏼

Absolutely right 👍🏻
❤️

Reactions: Lost cherry and ropearoundatree
R

ropearoundatree

Experienced
Nov 9, 2023
Also if not hate, then don't like (strongly) when after someone passes--the way in which it is so often heavily implied, that merely by having gotten help, or taken such incentive to go out & explore professional services, that all of this somehow could have been prevented. As if it were as easy as buying a house (assuming that that is easy, of course - maybe a poor ex.) / but it is nonetheless stated as such that it is, or would have been, a "foregone conclusion." / What's so tricky, is that if you look at it as, depression is a disease of the brain. Which is an organ. Such as the heart. Tell two people you've got diseases of such & watch their different reactions to both of those things. One of sympathy & empathy galore. The other, of disgust! :/

Reactions: Cloud Busting, Joarga, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
It's absolutely debilitating. I just woke up. It's around 3am and my anxiety is so bad I feel like I'm going to vomit. I dread having to face another day. I've tried so hard but nothing over the years has really helped including countless hours in therapy, TMS, ketamine infusions, EMDR, CBT, SSRIs, etc. I'm worse now than ever. I'm waiting for my anxiety medication to take affect. This is a horrible way to live. We're on our own.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cloud Busting, Joarga, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
ve.nin

ve.nin

Text
Nov 17, 2023
It's absolutely debilitating. I just woke up. It's around 3am and my anxiety is so bad I feel like I'm going to vomit. I dread having to face another day. I've tried so hard but nothing over the years has really helped including countless hours in therapy, TMS, ketamine infusions, EMDR, CBT, SSRIs, etc. I'm worse now than ever. I'm waiting for my anxiety medication to take affect. This is a horrible way to live. We're on our own.
That sounds terrible 🫂 I'm really sorry

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Lost cherry
C

chesterfield

Nov 23, 2023

there is no off switch. yes. you just gave me the right words for what i couldnt express up to now. not finding the off switch for anxiety and depression is what makes one so desparate i guess.

Reactions: Cloud Busting, Praestat_Mori and Lost cherry
LeperGnome

LeperGnome

Nov 14, 2023
Anxiety can be absolutely brutal, literally soul-crushing. I know how you feel and I'm sorry you do.

Reactions: Lost cherry and Praestat_Mori
Lost cherry

Lost cherry

Student
Oct 21, 2023
😞😞😞❤️

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
Some people really don't know how to deal with depression since those people never had one. So that's why they ended up saying the most ignorance & stupidest thing you ever heard in order to make themself feel better

• Hugs
Reactions: imperfectgirl, Lost cherry and Cloud Busting