Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
Does your diet/nutrition/physical health suffer because of depression?

I eat horribly - either total junk, instantly preparable garbage or not at all. I feel my body sickening because of poor diet and lack of ability to move, constant feeling of physical exhaustion mixed with extreme anxiety and lack of decent sleep. Like over the past couple of days I ate a box of cereal - no energy or motivation to ingest anything else.

Need to die soon.
:notsure:

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Kirakishou, throwaway777 and 10 others
nzdarkshark

nzdarkshark

The Loved Mistake
Sep 4, 2018
I barely eat tbh - little snacks for lunch, no breakfast, My biggest meal is dinner - and even then I usually just pig out on junk then complain that I'm getting fat.

~hug~

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, throwaway777, RM5998 and 1 other person
Ranza

Ranza

All monster are humans
Oct 23, 2018
Does your diet/nutrition/physical health suffer because of depression?

I eat horribly - either total junk, instantly preparable garbage or not at all. I feel my body sickening because of poor diet and lack of ability to move, constant feeling of physical exhaustion mixed with extreme anxiety and lack of decent sleep. Like over the past couple of days I ate a box of cereal - no energy or motivation to ingest anything else.

Need to die soon.
:notsure:
I also fed badly, I preferred to eat instant things, until one day I decided to change, I became friends with hunger and I started to fast, it changed my mind and my spirit. Have you tried this?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can and naia_
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
I barely eat tbh - little snacks for lunch, no breakfast, My biggest meal is dinner - and even then I usually just pig out on junk then complain that I'm getting fat.

~hug~
Yes little snacks, granola bars, cereal, chips. On the rare occasion i'll pig out but it's never on anything healthy. Metabolism is ruined so I always feel that if I eat large amounts I gain fat.

hug

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Weeping Garbage Can
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
I also fed badly, I preferred to eat instant things, until one day I decided to change, I became friends with hunger and I started to fast, it changed my mind and my spirit. Have you tried this?
I fast but usually because I have no appetite or stay in bed for entire day

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, throwaway777, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
oldgray

oldgray

i wish i'd melt with the snow
Oct 19, 2018
my problem isn't that i eat bad, but that i eat too much and i'm slowly gaining weight.
i'm just overweight now, but i can see myself become fat againg pretty soon.
it sucks when food is the only thing giving you something slightly similar to pleasure.

Reactions: Élégie, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, throwaway777 and 5 others
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
my problem isn't that i eat bad, but that i eat too much and i'm slowly gaining weight.
i'm just overweight now, but i can see myself become fat againg pretty soon.
it sucks when food is the only thing giving you something slightly similar to pleasure.
I have my moments where I care nothing about myself or the future and shoveling food in my mouth brings instant gratification. I've eaten an entire bag of chips, an entire package of cookies, multiple candy bars, always at a horrifically low point like when I'm first getting out of bed after over 24 hours. Afterwards I crawl back in bed and sleep away my self hatred.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, throwaway777 and 5 others
naia_

naia_

Student
Oct 11, 2018
I have my moments where I care nothing about myself or the future and shoveling food in my mouth brings instant gratification. I've eaten an entire bag of chips, an entire package of cookies, multiple candy bars, always at a horrifically low point like when I'm first getting out of bed after over 24 hours. Afterwards I crawl back in bed and sleep away my self hatred.
I've done it too :´(

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lra888, throwaway777 and 4 others
oldgray

oldgray

i wish i'd melt with the snow
Oct 19, 2018
what makes me mad tbh is that i was really fat when i was younger, then i said fuck it and started to eat better and whatever losing a lot of weight.
now i'm fucking up everything because no matter how much gaining weight disappoints me: i hated myself when i was fat, i hated myself when i was in shape and i hate myself now, i will never look good to my eyes and i don't have anyone to look good for either, so what's the point?

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, throwaway777 and 3 others
xBones

xBones

Sep 4, 2018
my diet is horrendous. I don't eat, or if I do it will be like 3 French fries for the whole day. I don't feel anything, that includes hunger so it doesn't affect me like a 'normal' person. also I'm broke and groceries are expensive lol

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, throwaway777 and Weeping Garbage Can
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
my diet is horrendous. I don't eat, or if I do it will be like 3 French fries for the whole day. I don't feel anything, that includes hunger so it doesn't affect me like a 'normal' person. also I'm broke and groceries are expensive lol
Depression & being broke is a common theme with me. One time I was bedriddenly depressed for weeks, was eating whatever crackers, bread, raisens I had left. I literally could not leave my apartment I was so sick with depression.

On top of that i obviously could not work and was completely impoverished. At one point I became so desperate that I called about possibly getting on food stamps or some type of food assistance program. They started asking me all of these questions about my last employment, date of last check, start and end date of past employment- and would have to go in to fill out paperwork & submit employment info. At that point I said thank you and goodbye because in my state those tasks were impossible. I continued to rot away.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, xBones, Maravillosa and 1 other person
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Absolutly. I'm an emotional eater. Very hard to diet or even find the motivation to exercise.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, throwaway777, Maravillosa and 2 others
B

BjartNO

Student
Sep 21, 2018
I changed my diet to an ultrahealthy one a year or so ago. From eating lots of pizza, snacks and so on to only eating full grain-everything, vegetables, fruit, berries, nuts, fish, white meat etc... I would say that I feel a lot cleaner, and better physically. Of course, still hate my life and still going to CTB

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can and Jen Erik
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਭੁੱਲ ਜਾਓ ❤️
Oct 31, 2018
Personally, my relationship with food always fluctuates. Sometimes I want to eat extremely healthy, other times I want to pile junk food in my mouth. But lately I've been wanting to starve myself as a sort of "self harm" to take focus off of my mind, but also because I think I should suffer. And exercise, I'm too unmotivated to do such a thing. I do enjoy the runner's high though, although that could be achieved with 5 minutes of running.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, throwaway777 and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

Oct 31, 2018
Absolutly. I'm an emotional eater. Very hard to diet or even find the motivation to exercise.
I'm also the same way, unless not eating or dieting serves my emotional impulses. I guess it's another area of self negligence:/

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, throwaway777 and worldexploder
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I'm also the same way, unless not eating or dieting serves my emotional impulses. I guess it's another area of self negligence:/
I actually get withdraws if I don't eat unhealthy shit. It's a real pain in the ass. I'm a food addict

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, throwaway777 and Weeping Garbage Can
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
I actually get withdraws if I don't eat unhealthy shit. It's a real pain in the ass. I'm a food addict
I get that when I eat a lot of sugary crap & carbs. I eat that and then get burned the fuck out from the crash so I sleep. Need more carbs to crash the next day or have insomnia.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, throwaway777, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
Red star

Red star

Experienced
Sep 15, 2018

I tried a 20 day water fast to reset my brain and hopefully cure some of my mental problems. Didn't work.

Reactions: Aesthler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, throwaway777 and 1 other person
Red star

Red star

Experienced
Sep 15, 2018
The days I eat healthy I feel better and then the days I eat shit makes me feel like even more shit.

Reactions: Aesthler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, throwaway777 and 1 other person
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
I tried a 20 day water fast to reset my brain and hopefully cure some of my mental problems. Didn't work.
I tried the master cleanse. Made me super sick feeling, unable to sleep, depressed. Juice fasts have done the same. Lethargy and depression.

Those fasts only seem to be pushed by and work for new age yuppie yoga types who don't have many daily worries to begin with.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Schopenhauer and Red star
Ranza

Ranza

All monster are humans
Oct 23, 2018
fasting is much deeper than just depriving yourself of food

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

Oct 31, 2018
It is a true pain, I know that I'm at least a sugar addict, if not also addicted to eating other carbs as well. are there certain instances where you have deeper cravings for food? I always experience cravings for sweet and starchy foods in the afternoon.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Maravillosa
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

Oct 31, 2018
I get that when I eat a lot of sugary crap & carbs. I eat that and then get burned the fuck out from the crash so I sleep. Need more carbs to crash the next day or have insomnia.
Hmm...I haven't thought about the correlation with insomnia. I notice bodily effects of binge eating sugary foods and carbs (such as warmer skin, glazed eyes, faster heartbeat, and an overall urge to go sleep).

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Maravillosa
Prime

Prime

A Nihilist
Oct 25, 2018
I forget to eat mostly. I haven't had more than one meal in any given day for the last one month. I take ready made snacks sometimes instead of healthy home made food. So yeah, my diet has been poorly affected.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and throwaway777