purplegrape8

purplegrape8

Jun 23, 2024
my brain fog has gotten so bad that i'm convinced that i'm just brain damaged. i can't focus, retain new information, or hold a conversation. i find zero interest in music, shows, books, sex or anything. it's like i'm just blank. i can't see a future for myself when im like this. it feels like hell having to live out each day and go to work when i know everybody hates me because of how awkward and bad i am at my simple server job. i want to ctb with the charcoal method but i don't know how im going to do it and yes i've read the megathread over and over, but with my stupid brain i feel like im going to mess it up. i was thinking of doing it in a car but i don't know what to seal up. maybe even a tent inside my room but im curious if i have to wrap the entire inside of the tent with plastic bags to prevent the gas from leaking outside the fabric? are there any tents recommended for this method on amazon?

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: zanahori, CatLove56, Sylveon and 4 others
lamargue

lamargue

pugilist
Jun 5, 2024
i deal with brain fog on a daily basis as well. there are, i think, a lot of factors that contribute to it, such as nutrition, sleep patterns, etc. the worst thing is that it's very hard to describe. i went through the entirety of highschool inflicted with brain fog without even being aware of it, which impacted me severely and contributed to prolonging my depression. i'm sorry that you're suffering with brain fog. it's hell.

Reactions: landslide2 and BackToLobby
E

emptyenvelopes

Jun 15, 2024
I totally get it. I play a board game and I draw a move 7 card but I move 10. I went swimming and the lifeguard said not to throw shells and a minute later I was just fidgeting and threw the shells.

I worry that people think I am defiant or stupid. I'm neither, it's the brain fog. And new information gets lost in the fog and never internalized. And I don't know how to break through the fog.

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I take Adderall to combat this.

Reactions: CatLove56 and divinemistress36
AmberianDawn

AmberianDawn

Jun 9, 2024
It's terrible to live like this. I feel like I have an old brain, I feel premature old age. Like my brain was a raisin

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
It's terrible to live like this. I feel like I have an old brain, I feel premature old age. Like my brain was a raisin
Same . A lot of old people have a better memory than me

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: AmberianDawn
C

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Depression and anxiety rot the brain. This post reminded me that I probably should see a doctor about some kind of stimulant. Not antidepressants but something that make me function better. Legal cocaine lol

Reactions: divinemistress36
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Brain fog can be a real side effect from anxiety and of the long term use of anti depressants.