Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
If you think about it, it's surprising that depression and anxiety are classified as mental illnesses. These are both very natural reactions to life in general. I don't think I can even fathom a reality where I wasn't experiencing either one of these at any given moment. Don't they come with the standard life package?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Angi, Bleh, Deleted member 8975 and 12 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, I agree. In my case, I am not mentally unwell. Being depressed and wanting ctb is a rational response to a life like mine. I think people who are not depressed are delusional and I see being depressed as being realistic. Life really is a terrible thing as there is unlimited potential for suffering. There is so much pressure and stress that comes with being alive, so I see anxiety as logical as well.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: cyanol, WrongPlaceWrongTime, Bleh and 6 others
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Of course they are. Given the right input, there is no other way of processing.

• Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay
Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
Maby it happens because us humans lack purpose in life. Most people are just wagies. This is why I wish I was a cat living in a rich lady's house instead.

Many domesticated pets are actually living what I would describe as a "good life". All of their needs are taken care of and accounted for by someone else, and they can pretty much do whatever they want. And if they are suffering during their time here, they usually only live for about 15-16 years, so they don't have to worry about needlessly-prolonged suffering.

That's the perfect length of time to exist on this planet, because I didn't develop severe depression or anxiety until I was around 15 years old. I think 17 was when things started going really downhill, and I wouldn't have minded CTB at all if I had known what my life would become 10 years later.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Agree 100% on depression. The only reason I'm not depressed most of the time is I have to force myself to not give a fuck about a lot of things, and remind myself I won't be here all that much longer, so what happens in this world doesn't really impact me all that much.

• Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay and deflationary
existtosuffer

existtosuffer

Student
Sep 22, 2021
I'm convinced my SI is also anxiety & depression.