Where you at?

57qk04

• Hugs
Reactions: Isisnefert, lobster salad, bea1974 and 1 other person
Shadowrider

Shadowrider

Student
Jan 26, 2021
4 p.m. at our place and still in my pajamas, what would you think? :haha: Slept from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., so I have no excuses.

Reactions: FuneralCry, bea1974 and StateOfMind
RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
I always thought that I was just lazy but as the years go on it just gets worse and worse. Now I figure if I can't brush my teeth for 4 days or cut my nails it must be something else than laziness.

• Hugs
Reactions: Isisnefert, Carrotcake, FuneralCry and 5 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
  • Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: cyanol, Isisnefert, GrumpyFrog and 10 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I always thought that I was just lazy but as the years go on it just gets worse and worse. Now I figure if I can't brush my teeth for 4 days or cut my nails it must be something else than laziness.
Depression is an illness that involves a chronic lack of energy, motivation & interest. Laziness is when you're healthy & you have energy, but you choose not to do anything useful.
4 p.m. at our place and still in my pajamas, what would you think? :haha: Slept from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., so I have no excuses.
Yes, but I assume you sleep so much because you feel like shit & you wanna die. That's depression, not laziness. Lazy people don't wanna die, they feel just fine

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: everosity, Isisnefert, LifeQuitter2018 and 8 others
Moose.000

Moose.000

"Everything is meaningless" ~King Solomon
Apr 10, 2021
Depression has made me "uninterested." Which in the average person's eyes, looks like laziness.

• Hugs
Reactions: nopointofliving, Isisnefert, LifeQuitter2018 and 4 others
Shadowrider

Shadowrider

Student
Jan 26, 2021
Depression is an illness that involves a chronic lack of energy, motivation & interests. Laziness is when you're healthy & you have energy, but you choose not to do anything useful.

Yes, but I assume you sleep so much because you feel like shit & you wanna die. That's depression, not laziness. Lazy people don't wanna die, they feel just fine
Thank you! This was really nice and made me feel a bit less crap.
Depression has made me "uninterested." Which in the average person's eyes, looks like laziness.
I know this too well. Apathy. Total apathy.

• Love
Reactions: cyanol, Isisnefert and motel rooms
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Reality=depression.
Other peoples opinions=lazy.
Conclusion=fuck em.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, nopointofliving, Isisnefert and 5 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Went out and got a knife that's more suited for donating blood to my furniture then my current ones. Can also do some basic body maintenance and even apply for a job or two sometimes. I'd say I'm at least five times as lazy as functional people, but only due to environmental causes (not that it matters which it is, really).

My laziness is causing trouble when it comes to suicide, though. I'm too lazy to do the inert/SN/N/shotgun/CO stuff and can't get partial or night-night to work so I'm basically left with carotid slashing (a lethal but painful method that requires determination, and maybe some alcohol).

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Isisnefert and Mentalmick
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
I think laziness is a made-up term used mainly to guilt-trip people.
I'm not depressed nor lazy at this point, I'm simply disinterested and demotivated by the sheer absurd and pointlessness of it all.

• Love
Reactions: nopointofliving, Isisnefert, demuic and 4 others
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I get the sense that depression tends to impair motivation and leads to laziness. To be honest though, I dislike the word 'laziness' because it carries a stigma and the implicit idea that it's an easily changed behaviour. I think I prefer inertia or something. So I think that depression and inertia often come together.

Reactions: Carrotcake, GenesAndEnvironment, FuneralCry and 2 others
G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
Your not lazy. Its your illness. Lazy is people who are well and taking the piss out of benefits. Unfortunately they make us unwell people look lazy when we're genuinely ill.

Reactions: Bedrock48 and motel rooms
albino_elk

albino_elk

im infj with bpd=dysfunctional trash
Aug 25, 2020
I think laziness is a made-up term used mainly to guilt-trip people.
I'm not depressed nor lazy at this point, I'm simply disinterested and demotivated by the sheer absurd and pointlessness of it all.
bojack feels you

• Yay!
Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I think you're lazy if you don't give a damn about being lazy. I mean, if you enjoy doing nothing, you're not depressed.

Instead, if you feel sad all the time, can't leave your bed and think about ctb everyday, that's certainly depression.

Reactions: nopointofliving, demuic, motel rooms and 1 other person
lobster salad

lobster salad

overcooked :(
Aug 27, 2020
I don't really think I am depressed by my lifestyle. Just too lazy to bother with life hence suicidal. not sure if that is a thing.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
Reality=depression.
Other peoples opinions=lazy.
Conclusion=fuck em.
A primary care doctor once suggested to me that "maybe I was just lazy", even though he was aware that I was on a large dose of antidepressants & anti-anxiety meds prescribed by a psychiatrist. I said, "It's such a waste that a mental health expert of your caliber is stuck in this shitty office treating common colds", casually knocked some papers off his desk & left

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, Mentalmick, demuic and 1 other person
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Went out and got a knife that's more suited to donating blood to my furniture then my current ones.
I managed to get a couple of spring assisted knifes pretty cheap. I've got a ball bearing flipper knife I carry everywhere in case I need some emergency self harm/suicide. Or some hoodlum messes with me.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wouldn't call myself lazy, just tired. Tired of being stuck in this mind and body. Just being conscious is a nightmare.

Reactions: newave3, du2497, Isisnefert and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I managed to get a couple of spring assisted knifes pretty cheap. I've got a ball bearing flipper knife I carry everywhere in case I need some emergency self harm/suicide. Or some hoodlum messes with me.
I was very surprised by the sharpness of this knife, my other ones were not this sharp. It slides through skin with ease. My combat knife was too big and not as sharp, but this one will do the trick and can fit into a pocket. I'll still wait for a better method though, not a fan of physical pain.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mentalmick
N

NoSurprises

Mar 11, 2021
Thats the only truth for me

I was once interested in stuff (or people), but I just dont care anymore

Reactions: Moose.000
Carrotcake

Carrotcake

Experienced
Nov 27, 2019
I struggled with judging myself as lazy a lot (and still do sometimes).

But I think that laziness implies that you have a choice. You can do a certain thing, you just don't want to. And not doing so gives you a positive feedback.

With depression, when you have zero energy and are passive as fuck, there is no choice. You are incapable of doing said thing. And there definitely is no positive feedback.

• Love
Reactions: Isisnefert and demuic
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
To be honest though, I dislike the word 'laziness' because it carries a stigma and the implicit idea that it's an easily changed behaviour. I think I prefer inertia or something. So I think that depression and inertia often come together.
Laziness is definitely not a term that any expert would use in this context. Lack of mental &/or physical energy / exhaustion / fatigue has nothing whatsoever to do with fucking laziness. Laziness is the quality of not being willing to work or use any effort despite having the ability to do so. Laziness is pleasurable, it's a luxury, a privilege. Depression is a goddamn mental illness that sucks the life out of you.

Psychological symptoms of depression:

continuous low mood or sadness
feeling hopeless and helpless
having low self-esteem
feeling tearful
feeling guilt-ridden
feeling irritable and intolerant of others
having no motivation or interest in things
finding it difficult to make decisions
not getting any enjoyment out of life
feeling anxious or worried
having suicidal thoughts or thoughts of harming yourself

Physical symptoms of depression:

moving or speaking more slowly than usual
changes in appetite or weight (usually decreased, but sometimes increased)
constipation
unexplained aches and pains
lack of energy
low sex drive (loss of libido)
changes to your menstrual cycle
disturbed sleep – for example, finding it difficult to fall asleep at night or waking up very early in the morning

Social symptoms of depression:

avoiding contact with friends and taking part in fewer social activities
neglecting your hobbies and interests
having difficulties in your home, work or family life

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Isisnefert, Superdeterminist and Moose.000
Moose.000

Moose.000

Apr 10, 2021
Laziness is definitely not a term than any expert would use in this context. Lack of mental &/or physical energy / exhaustion / fatigue has nothing whatsoever to do with fucking laziness. Laziness is the quality of not being willing to work or use any effort despite having the ability to do so. Laziness is pleasurable, it's a luxury, a privilege. Depression is a goddamn mental illness that sucks the life out of you.

having low self-esteem
feeling tearful
feeling guilt-ridden

constipation
lack of energy
disturbed sleep – for example, finding it difficult to fall asleep at night or waking up very early in the morning

All of the above, minus changes in menstrual cycle; obviously.

• Hugs
Reactions: motel rooms
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021

Holy shit I am literally depression. At least the social part.

Moose.000

Moose.000

Apr 10, 2021
Reactions: NoSurprises and GenesAndEnvironment
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Laziness is definitely not a term than any expert would use in this context. Lack of mental &/or physical energy / exhaustion / fatigue has nothing whatsoever to do with fucking laziness. Laziness is the quality of not being willing to work or use any effort despite having the ability to do so. Laziness is pleasurable, it's a luxury, a privilege. Depression is a goddamn mental illness that sucks the life out of you.

having low self-esteem
feeling tearful
feeling guilt-ridden

constipation
lack of energy

The sad thing is that many of these guilt-tripping depression-deniers would argue that depressed people do actually have the ability to do otherwise. I actually have a problem with the whole idea of 'being able to do otherwise' (aka the principle of alternative possibilities [PAP]). It feels like we choose between possibilities in day to day life, but I question that intuition. We only experience one reality, where are all the other alternatives? Multiverse? Maybe. I'm eager to see what future experiments reveal.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
The sad thing is that many of these guilt-tripping depression-deniers would argue that depressed people do actually have the ability to do otherwise.
Those people actually still believe that "being sick" is not a real thing - it's just a moral failing, something that any decent (Christian) person can easily overcome by trying/working harder. Good old American Puritan ideology... Being depressed = being lazy = deserving to suffer & perish
I don't really think I am depressed by my lifestyle. Just too lazy to bother with life hence suicidal. not sure if that is a thing.
No, that's not a thing. You are severely depressed if you can't "bother with life" & are suicidal

Last edited:
Reactions: Isisnefert and Superdeterminist
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Those people actually still believe that "being sick" is not a real thing - it's just a moral failing, something that any decent (Christian) person can easily overcome by trying/working harder. Good old American Puritan ideology... Being depressed = being lazy = deserving to suffer & perish
Yes, I hate that mindset. I mean, believing that you can always improve things seems like it has mental benefits, but is it really true in reality? I personally don't think it is. BUT I'm not sure, I mean I can't prove it either way to you or them. Let's keep experimenting and see what we find. Maybe it's false that you can always improve things, but it's true that believing that lie has mental benefits. In which case I would be very unsure about what to think...But then, can we even choose what we believe? Could you just choose to start believing in that kind of free will and reap the benefits? Idk I feel like the answer is no.

Reactions: Isisnefert
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
But then, can we even choose what we believe? Could you just choose to start believing in that kind of free will and reap the benefits? Idk I feel like the answer is no.
I agree that the answer is no for the large majority of people.
Let's keep experimenting and see what we find. Maybe it's false that you can always improve things, but it's true that believing that lie has mental benefits.
I think the West has experimented with that ideology long enough & that the results are in - our mental health ain't good & it's getting worse each year

Reactions: Isisnefert