Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I don't like this.
It's too impersonal, too clinical.
I feel like it's insulting, especially to those who CTB.
These were real people, in some cases our friends, and it saddens me that they're relegated in death to just another number on a pile of numbers - just another statistic.
It feels like the opposite of what this website stands for.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: MartyByrde, kovkay, it's_all_a_game and 18 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Also why are some crossed out users deleted while others aren't? Does anyone know what the difference is?

Reactions: MartyByrde, Apathy79, Skathon and 4 others
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I wholeheartedly agree. But maybe is there a reason for that? I'd like to hear it.

Reactions: voyager, Lostandlooking, LastFlowers and 3 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
It's not only impersonal but will also become really messy as more accounts are deleted and you will get full threads of "deleted members" posting to each other. Many threads here contain information that shoud be preserved and the de-naming of deleted users is not good for posterity.

Reactions: MartyByrde, Pen>Sword, voyager and 6 others
ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
I wonder why some still retain their username whilst some are relegated to a number

Reactions: Pen>Sword, Apathy79, Skathon and 4 others
Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
So does anyone know the answer to this? Why some become "deleted member x" and some keep their names but crossed out?

Reactions: Lostandlooking, Good4Nothing, Skathon and 1 other person
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I could be wrong, but I think that all banned accounts before the name change weren't affected by it. Only new banned accounts after this was implemented are changed. Or have some recent ones not changed?

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I could be wrong, but I think that all banned accounts before the name change weren't affected by it. Only new banned accounts after this was implemented are changed. Or have some recent ones not changed?
I have noticed that its changed with updates. Some are crossed out and grey. Some are crossed out and still have their colors and like this threads mentioned some have deleted #. So I'm thinking it's an update thing. I wonder if they'll get it straightened out.

Reactions: Skathon
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I agree. I don't like it

Reactions: voyager and Good4Nothing
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I read somewhere that the colored crossed out names are self banned and the greyed out names are accounts that a mod banned. I forget where I saw that or who said it, so it may or may not be true.
Up until they started with all these updates it's always been grey so I'm not sure how true it is. I might have missed it but I don't think so....

Actually thinking about I just read a thread where someone said they were self banning and their name was grey

Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
Yeah TAW? There are a few recent self bans that have become Deleted Member x crossed out in grey.

Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
Up until they started with all these updates it's always been grey so I'm not sure how true it is. I might have missed it but I don't think so....

Actually thinking about I just read a thread where someone said they were self banning and their name was grey
Ok I guess it was misinformation then, sorry.

• Hugs
Reactions: Apathy79 and Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Ok I guess it was misinformation then, sorry.
It's cool. Its like I said myself I wasn't 100% sure until I remembered reading that. It would be nice if we had updates under news or something so we know what changed.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
i just thought people might be interested to know

• Accounts
    • You are allowed only one account on the site. You can change your username from your preferences. You can also at any time disable your account, and it will become permanently inaccessible, your username randomized, and your email and password purged from the database. You cannot use this feature to get another account. Read the FAQ below to understand how the process of disabling works.
These rules are very flexible. You WILL be warned or banned if you attempt to circumvent any of them.

Reactions: Pen>Sword, Callie Arcale and voyager