E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Don't get me wrong, SS is very useful for many people and I am glad it exists. But does anyone feel that being a member, writing/looking at posts, checking the latest threads etc is a way of postponing/delaying ctb, even maybe on a subconscious level?

Reactions: crybaby, GoneGoneGone and sadghost
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
im not even 100% sure i want to. my disorders make everything conflicting however i do find it to be a reminder that im different and not like my loved ones

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
Without a doubt. That's the hidden paradox of a site like this. On the surface, it may appear that this site is "pro-suicide" and would encourage vulnerable people to commit suicide by providing access to information about methods, etc. Yet, the exact opposite seems to occur instead: people who may have impulsively acted seem to stay longer as members and delay their ctb. It's quite fascinating when you think about it

Reactions: GoneGoneGone, elfgyoza, pleasethistime and 2 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Without a doubt. That's the hidden paradox of a site like this. On the surface, it may appear that this site is "pro-suicide" and would encourage vulnerable people to commit suicide by providing access to information about methods, etc. Yet, the exact opposite seems to occur instead: people who may have impulsively acted seem to stay longer as members and delay their ctb. It's quite fascinating when you think about it
Yes, this is exactly my thinking.
Paradoxically, SS may have prevented more suicides than caused them, though that can never be known for sure.

Reactions: taylor321, pleasethistime and muffin222
N

Neville1

Student
Aug 26, 2019
No absolutely not. If N was in my cupboard, I wouldn't browse tomorrow's posts on the forum. :smiling: The people of SS are great but I wouldn't risk missing the bus.

Last edited:
Reactions: esse_est_percipi
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Everyone has their own timeline. Some are under more constraints due to health or financial reasons. For others ctbing now or in 2 years doesn't make a lot of difference so maybe this website helps them cope, knowing that they have an out. You can only die once. You can see tho that when members want to go, they go.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm just tying loose ends, waiting for the right moment and timing before I CTB. When I know things are truly unattainable and no longer wish to stick around, not even for personal reasons or preferences, then it's time for me to go. The right moment is also contingent on the right circumstances and timing as well (not too soon after an incident or an argument - though if I'm dead, I'm dead either way).

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
For me not really. I feel no pressure to ctb fast so if I don't want to do it I just won't. I am comfortable with going whenever I feel like it.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi