sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Is it easier to die by dehydration or water intoxication? I tried VSED and only lasted 2 days, but I want to try again. I also wonder if water intoxication would be better to try instead

Last edited:
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
probably water intoxication because you die faster

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and sserafim
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
Water intox is much faster.

Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
vsed is pretty hard to pull off

Reactions: sserafim, Jealous Blackheart and WAITING TO DIE
claraisnotcarol

claraisnotcarol

from dust to dust
Oct 4, 2023
sorry, but in what exactly consists water intoxication?

Reactions: SmollMushroom
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Is it easier to die by dehydration or water intoxication? I tried VSED and only lasted 2 days, but I want to try again. I also wonder if water intoxication would be better to try instead
I have tried vsed twice now. The last time I tried it I had fasted for 2 weeks to weaken myself. I then stopped taking fluids and began the process of dehydration.
The belief that people can only last 3 days without water is wrong: people using vsed, even under medical supervision have lasted for up to a full 7 days without water.
I went 5 days without water and became extremely delirious and agitated.
I was screaming out during delirium ( although I remember none of this ).
The neighbours in the apartment next-door to me became so concerned by my screaming that they called the police after knocking on my door, yet nobody was answering.
The police broke down my door and I was taken to hospital and then taken to a psych ward later on.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Gonnerr, sserafim, ipmanwc0 and 1 other person
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
Wonder how much water it'd take to die from it bc I've definitely done water intoxication before, just not with the primary intent to die.

Reactions: sserafim
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
It means that excessive water consumption affects the electrolyte levels in your body. Therefore affecting the balance to dangerous levels.

• Wow
Reactions: hermestrimegistus and claraisnotcarol
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Drinking a lot of water in a short amount of time resulting in electrolyte imbalance eventually leading to…you know

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and claraisnotcarol
chuerdhmproton

chuerdhmproton

Mr. Water Pig
Sep 9, 2023
neither are good ways to ctb...

Reactions: bebebeep and sserafim
Jealous Blackheart

Jealous Blackheart

A Well Read Demon
Aug 25, 2023
VSED is a non-method. Realistically it is only useful for people already in hospice. It's so ineffective that it should really only be a footnote in the subject of suicide methods. I can't speak to the effectiveness of water intoxication but I'd have to go with that by default if those two were the only options.

Reactions: sserafim, chuerdhmproton and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Wonder how much water it'd take to die from it bc I've definitely done water intoxication before, just not with the primary intent to die.
A healthy adult can consume up to 20 litres of water per day, yet the kidneys can only flush out approximately 1 litre per hour.
So, I guess drinking far more than 1 litre per hour would induce water intoxication.

Reactions: sserafim
chuerdhmproton

chuerdhmproton

Mr. Water Pig
Sep 9, 2023
meaning there's quite a lot of suffering and a huge possibility of people finding out right?
yeah, too much pain, takes too long, unreliable, risk of being sectioned because one becomes delirious when dehydrated, water intoxication is difficult because your body is telling you to stop drinking water

Reactions: hermestrimegistus, claraisnotcarol, sserafim and 1 other person
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
A healthy adult can consume up to 20 litres of water per day, yet the kidneys can only flush out approximately 1 litre per hour.
So, I guess drinking far more than 1 litre per hour would induce water intoxication.
Ah, so the difficulty comes in the speed. At some point, it did get incredibly hard to drink more.

Reactions: sserafim and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
VSED is a non-method. Realistically it is only useful for people already in hospice. It's so ineffective that it should really only be a footnote in the subject of suicide methods. I can't speak to the effectiveness of water intoxication but I'd have to go with that by default if those two were the only options.
Exactly right. People in a hospice environment are given drugs to help them if they become disturbed by the various processes of vsed.

Reactions: Jealous Blackheart and sserafim
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
Doesn't water intoxication also have the potential to cause kidney failure? I recall reading that somewhere.

As for VSED: It's too difficult, and unrealistic.
Maybe if you're malnutritioned, but I can speak from personal experience with fasting, that it will just cause even more suffering than fasting normally does.

If you happen to be overweight or obese, you have more than enough fat storages to survive VSED for a reasonable time (5-10 days).

If you also have mental health problems, it also adds up, so you will most likely lose your mind before coming close to dying.

Last edited:
S

soleil

Apr 28, 2023
Both are almost impossible but water intoxication is pretty much the only method I have like I've mentioned to you awhile back. I'm obsessed with this since it's the least gruesome. Still painful and difficult like every other method but I'm gonna keep experimenting and trying since I have no other way 😞

haibane

haibane

Reki
Sep 27, 2023
both are really hard and unsure way to ctb imo. If u still try one of them goodluck and hope u will find peace