alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
Hey, it's been awhile since my last thread. Everyone last time I asked questions about suicide was really kind.

Anyway, I've realized that poisoning seems too risky for me and same goes with multiple methods possible I may obtain to try that I read about. I questioned myself repetitively to what matters and came to the conclusion that an instant death is the number 1 priority because it's a higher guarantee of no failure. Me reading about noose hangings bothered me because someone can interfere resulting in brain damage and future is worse with smaller likelihood of success.

Yet, if I were to use a 20ft climbing robe with no flex, it would result in decapitation with a proper noose knot around the neck. Death would be instant and I cannot envision failure. Am I possibly wrong to assume this method is better than a normal suicide hanging or even death by poison?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dog Food and lv-gras
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
I'm just not sure. There is theory and there is reality. Many variables, and human flesh/bone structures can be tough.

Reactions: lv-gras
I

Ixtab

Sep 17, 2018
I assume a climbing rope will not result in decapitation, indepentent of height of fall.
The cases I know are with thinner nylon lines or wire.
Hard to calculate, I think.

alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
I assume a climbing rope will not result in decapitation, indepentent of height of fall.
The cases I know are with thinner nylon lines or wire.
Hard to calculate, I think.

I mean a rope for rock climbing that is certified to not have any flex and be able to hold a person that falls. I've read 10 foot drops can decapitate a person and so I expect 20 foot or even more would be success.
So can you elaborate more on how you assume a climbing rope will not result in decapitation. Thank you

PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
Hey, it's been awhile since my last thread. Everyone last time I asked questions about suicide was really kind.

Anyway, I've realized that poisoning seems too risky for me and same goes with multiple methods possible I may obtain to try that I read about. I questioned myself repetitively to what matters and came to the conclusion that an instant death is the number 1 priority because it's a higher guarantee of no failure. Me reading about noose hangings bothered me because someone can interfere resulting in brain damage and future is worse with smaller likelihood of success.

Yet, if I were to use a 20ft climbing robe with no flex, it would result in decapitation with a proper noose knot around the neck. Death would be instant and I cannot envision failure. Am I possibly wrong to assume this method is better than a normal suicide hanging or even death by poison?
What height to you intend to drop from if you dont mind me asking? Also how tall are you if you dont mind?

alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
What height to you intend to drop from if you dont mind me asking? Also how tall are you if you dont mind?
I'm 5'10 and the height of fall would be from a bridge or off an outdoor area that has a rail to tie the rope to which is greater than 30 feet. I'm also 122 pounds if that helps the equation any bit. I think the longer the fall the weight doesn't really matter from reading even 10 feet can be decapitation.

Last edited:
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
I'm 5'10 and the height of fall would be from a bridge or off an outdoor area that has a rail to tie the rope to which is greater than 30 feet. I'm also 122 pounds if that helps the equation any bit. I think the longer the fall the weight doesn't really matter from reading even 10 feet can be decapitation.
That will do it. I wonder how long you will see after the decapitation happens... *wonders*

Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Ive thought of decapitation as well. I was thinking of tying a rope to a tree or post and then to my neck and then flooring my car, I think I'll be alive for a few moments but I'll be dead eventually from that for sure

Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
I´d take a steel rope cause it´s safer and would be better to rip your head off your body. But you have to find a place that is strong enough to fix the rope on it. The railing of a bridge will certain break after such a long drop. You know: the longer the drop is, the more force is brought to the point where the rope is fixed

I

Ixtab

Sep 17, 2018
I mean a rope for rock climbing that is certified to not have any flex and be able to hold a person that falls. I've read 10 foot drops can decapitate a person and so I expect 20 foot or even more would be success.
So can you elaborate more on how you assume a climbing rope will not result in decapitation. Thank you

The only real data, I can refer to, are data of forensic scientists collecting number and circumstances of cases. They say that decapitation in hanging is "extremely rare".
Therfore, I guess, it is hard to calculate if it will happen, even in a certain setting.

J Forensic Sci. 2018 May;63(3):958-960. doi: 10.1111/1556-4029.13638. Epub 2017 Sep 8.
Suicidal Decapitation by Hanging-A Population-based Study.
Byard RW1,2, Gilbert JD2.
Author information

Abstract
A prospective study was undertaken at Forensic Science SA over a 15-year period from July 2002 to June 2017 for all cases of adult (>18 years) suicidal hangings with decapitation. A total of 1446 cases of suicidal hangings were identified from a general population of approximately 1.5 million (1206 males-age range 18-97 years, average 42.6; and 240 females-age range 18-96 years, average 40.1). Only three cases of decapitation were found, all from long-drop hangings; these consisted of three males (ages 32-55 years; average 45 years). Spinal transections had occurred between the first and second, second and third, and third and fourth cervical vertebrae, respectively. In this study, the number of suicidal hangings with decapitation represented only 0.2% of the total number of hangings. These events are therefore extremely rare, most likely due to most suicidal hangings occurring from relatively low levels in a domestic environment

alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
The only real data, I can refer to, are data of forensic scientists collecting number and circumstances of cases. They say that decapitation in hanging is "extremely rare".
Therfore, I guess, it is hard to calculate if it will happen, even in a certain setting.

J Forensic Sci. 2018 May;63(3):958-960. doi: 10.1111/1556-4029.13638. Epub 2017 Sep 8.
Suicidal Decapitation by Hanging-A Population-based Study.
Byard RW1,2, Gilbert JD2.
Author information

Abstract
A prospective study was undertaken at Forensic Science SA over a 15-year period from July 2002 to June 2017 for all cases of adult (>18 years) suicidal hangings with decapitation. A total of 1446 cases of suicidal hangings were identified from a general population of approximately 1.5 million (1206 males-age range 18-97 years, average 42.6; and 240 females-age range 18-96 years, average 40.1). Only three cases of decapitation were found, all from long-drop hangings; these consisted of three males (ages 32-55 years; average 45 years). Spinal transections had occurred between the first and second, second and third, and third and fourth cervical vertebrae, respectively. In this study, the number of suicidal hangings with decapitation represented only 0.2% of the total number of hangings. These events are therefore extremely rare, most likely due to most suicidal hangings occurring from relatively low levels in a domestic environment

If I understand what I'm reading correctly, the use of rare is being aimed towards most people not attempting decapitation with hanging. I agree it's rare then the other methods of hanging and think so because most people don't think it completely through.

alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
I´d take a steel rope cause it´s safer and would be better to rip your head off your body. But you have to find a place that is strong enough to fix the rope on it. The railing of a bridge will certain break after such a long drop. You know: the longer the drop is, the more force is brought to the point where the rope is fixed

I don't think a metal railing would break on a bridge with 124 pounds being dropped. The railing is designed for safety and even better there is usually the support beam going upwards for the bridge and that would be better to tie onto. Will make sure it's not 2-3 inches of steal though, thanks.

Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
124 pounds will be much heavier when the drop reaches the end... The metal railing is not designed to hold such weights, cause it should be cheap. I have worked with bridges and other steel constructions, I know that:wink:

A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
Never underestimate the resiliency of the human body ... except when you want to live !

If you get your head chopped off it's my guess you will be conscious for at least minutes (2?) but those minutes feel feel like hours.

alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
124 pounds will be much heavier when the drop reaches the end... The metal railing is not designed to hold such weights, cause it should be cheap. I have worked with bridges and other steel constructions, I know that:wink:

I'm pretty sure this site has anti suicide members and I believe you're one of them. Growing up I did build things and you're talking out of your ass.

alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
Never underestimate the resiliency of the human body ... except when you want to live !

If you get your head chopped off it's my guess you will be conscious for at least minutes (2?) but those minutes feel feel like hours.
You're also trying to discourage me. Should be banned from the site. I've had the wind knocked out of me when doing physical activities and you lose consciousness. Having your neck be slammed with gravity force is going to result in loss of consciousness and who cares afterwards.

Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
I´m not a pro-lifer, I promise. I just don´t want that it will not work for you, cause something breaks. Just think about it: A railing is not build to fix persons on it that are falling. Every bridge has special suspension points, where people fix their safety ropes, when they are climbing at the bridge to check the bridge for damage. If the railing would be safe enough there would not be special points to fix safety ropes...

alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
I´m not a pro-lifer, I promise. I just don´t want that it will not work for you, cause something breaks. Just think about it: A railing is not build to fix persons on it that are falling. Every bridge has special suspension points, where people fix their safety ropes, when they are climbing at the bridge to check the bridge for damage. If the railing would be safe enough there would not be special points to fix safety ropes...
I really doubt what you write at this point. Steal railing is there for protection and is welded & reinforced for even accidents.I don't know what railing you're thinking about. Maybe find pictures on google? Human neck vs metal on bridge.

Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
If you don´t believe anybody I can´t help you... I just wanted to help you to do it right, without a mistake or the risk to survive with injuries.

alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
If you don´t believe anybody I can´t help you... I just wanted to help you to do it right, without a mistake or the risk to survive with injuries.
You haven't explained any rational reason to how a metal railing on a city bridge that is 30 feet above ground would snap. You're just an anti suicide person and should be banned from this site.

Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
I have mentioned the reason: it is not build to hold the weight of the body of a person that falls a few metres and the drop sudden stops. Often they are not well welded. At many bridges the railings are repaired about 2-3 times a year, cause they break just because a person lean fast against it.

alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
I have mentioned the reason: it is not build to hold the weight of the body of a person that falls a few metres and the drop sudden stops. Often they are not well welded. At many bridges the railings are repaired about 2-3 times a year, cause they break just because a person lean fast against it.

I've never seen a city bridge over water with anything other than one to two feet of steal used for railing. I think you must be referencing park bridges that wouldn't be as high from the ground needed in this case anyway. Either that or you're delusional because the human neck isn't going to be one with the rope where the rope wouldn't just go into the neck till decapitation.

Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
I don´t know which bridge you are referencing to, but here there are only very small railings or walls that protect from the noises of the cars

A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
@alizee ,

It was not my intention to discourage you, and I apologize. I just learned that it is much harder to kill yourself than I imagined. And that is, without making any 'attempts' myself. For me, surviving would be the worst. I'm dealing with a physical condition from which I most likely will not be able to recover.

So no more comments on the method above by me. I'm just very cynical.

I believe that people have the right to kill themselves, whether it is a wise choice or not. Self ownership.

There are few methods that are 100 %. Actually jumping into a live working volcano would be one of those. Unfortunately I will not be able to get into one due to health reasons (traveling, climbing the slope) , and I don't think I can get help with that ...

Reactions: alizee
ctoan

ctoan

Arcanist
Sep 30, 2018
weight influence this. the lighter you are the longer needs the drop to be

there are charts on the internet where they calculated this

Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
ctoan: the charts on the internet are showing the drops for a long drop hanging without the risk to decapitate the hanged person, To get decapitated you have to choose a much longer drop.

alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
I don´t know which bridge you are referencing to, but here there are only very small railings or walls that protect from the noises of the cars
Maybe it's just confusion but if anything there is the support beams of the actual bridge itself that would not snap and are accessible to have the rope be secured. I'll make sure to go with that instead of just the railing.

Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
That´s a good idea. And maybe try to get a steel rope about 10mm or more thickness. It would rip off the head easier, cause it´s not so soft as a normal rope and it wouldn´t break that easy

alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
I don't think a steel rope of that thickness & the length needed would be possible for me to transport. I'm fairly confident in rock climbing rope from using it in the past. I guess there is always some faith needed that destiny will be kind for once and the rope serves my purpose.

Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
climbing rope would work too, but maybe you should add an extra metre at the drop

Reactions: alizee