• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
How many of you think debt or money problems will press the scales in favour of CTB

• Hugs
Reactions: RamenNoodles, underthedatetree, marchshift and 8 others
INTJme

INTJme

Epeolatrist
Mar 22, 2024
Money issue is indeed one of the leading causes of suicide among the "mentally-healthy". I've known several people with families who chose that route so that their next of kin could pay off the debt using insurance money.

• Hugs
Reactions: zeldalover, MatrixPrisoner, mtoro998 and 1 other person
QueerMelancholy

QueerMelancholy

Arcanist
Jul 29, 2023
People in Asian countries seemingly have high suicide rates linked to high rates of debt and the closure of family businesses or failed businesses.

Debt is cancer and like cancer makes us sick with worry, anxiety, and fear, and these feelings can cause us to be stressed out and stress does hurt us through inflammation and weakening of our immune systems.

On the the issue of money problems in general, everything costs something whether it be time, energy, or money. Money does affect our lifestyles, our health, and our well-being. People like to say money doesn't buy happiness but it does buy us what we need as basic necessities to be in a place where pursuing happiness is more easily attainable. Poverty alone does more harm to humans than illness and every other malady possible because poverty alone puts people at higher risks for not only getting sick but also being sicker from said illness.

A lot of men seemingly kill themselves because they feel like they can't attain a high(er) social ranking or there's not enough upward mobility for them.

Personally, my debts don't scare me. They will be gone when I die. Not being able to afford to remain alive is what scares me. And the funny thing is if I can't afford to remain alive then I obviously wont be able to afford to pay off my debts. It makes me laugh and cry. It's ironic.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Chronicoverwhelm, Ruma and 6 others
Chronicoverwhelm

Chronicoverwhelm

Student
Aug 13, 2022
My financial situation is my major reason for wanting to CTB. Not being able to work, on long term disability with major debt, I can't support myself and have been homeless since the start of this month.
With money I could pay off debt, buy a home, pay for medical treatments to possibly help me get back to some sort of normal, possibly get some of my health back... and adopt 2 rescue dogs and get plastic surgery.
It's quite hopeless right now.

• Aww..
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, MatrixPrisoner, LifeIsCrazyNemb and 2 others
M

mtoro998

Experienced
Feb 29, 2024
My current money situation is a big contributing factor of why I want to cbt.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm, steppingoff, LifeIsCrazyNemb and 1 other person
T

TiredOfAllThis

Arcanist
Feb 5, 2024
That is one of the contributing factors of my wish to CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm, mtoro998 and bwerner
skybox

skybox

Have you ever been jealous of birds?
Mar 6, 2024
Same here

• Hugs
Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Money is the biggest issue here and that's y CTB is probably inevitable sooner or later.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Chronicoverwhelm, steppingoff and 1 other person
D

doublecupj

Jul 12, 2022
It's the primary motivation for why i'm going to do it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm, steppingoff, mtoro998 and 1 other person
L

LifeIsCrazyNemb

Arcanist
Jan 21, 2024
People in Asian countries seemingly have high suicide rates linked to high rates of debt and the closure of family businesses or failed businesses.

Debt is cancer and like cancer makes us sick with worry, anxiety, and fear, and these feelings can cause us to be stressed out and stress does hurt us through inflammation and weakening of our immune systems.

On the the issue of money problems in general, everything costs something whether it be time, energy, or money. Money does affect our lifestyles, our health, and our well-being. People like to say money doesn't buy happiness but it does buy us what we need as basic necessities to be in a place where pursuing happiness is more easily attainable. Poverty alone does more harm to humans than illness and every other malady possible because poverty alone puts people at higher risks for not only getting sick but also being sicker from said illness.

A lot of men seemingly kill themselves because they feel like they can't attain a high(er) social ranking or there's not enough upward mobility for them.

Personally, my debts don't scare me. They will be gone when I die. Not being able to afford to remain alive is what scares me. And the funny thing is if I can't afford to remain alive then I obviously wont be able to afford to pay off my debts. It makes me laugh and cry. It's ironic.
Totally acurate!

Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm
steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024

Thank you for the great reply :)

B

brokeandbroken

Elementalist
Apr 18, 2023
How many of you think debt or money problems will press the scales in favour of CTB
For me it is a factor but not the entire story. Far more is just the lack of help and manipulating things so they can help without helping. The day that culminated in my dreams dying in medical school because I was illegally forced out, was also the day I lost my family/loved ones, and I became truly alone.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Chronicoverwhelm and steppingoff
L

LittleCupcake

Experienced
Mar 14, 2024
Its one of my reasons, I dont have a job but if I did maybe life wouldnt be so bad

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and steppingoff
steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
Money issue is indeed one of the leading causes of suicide among the "mentally-healthy". I've known several people with families who chose that route so that their next of kin could pay off the debt using insurance money.
My guess it will be the motivator that pushes me off the stool though its not where all the desire to CTB comes from

• Hugs
Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm and INTJme