• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Experienced
Feb 25, 2024
From what I have read:
The death zone refers to altitudes above a certain point where the pressure of oxygen is insufficient to sustain human life for an extended time span. This point is generally tagged as 8,000 m (26,000 ft), where atmospheric pressure is less than 356 millibars (10.5 inHg; 5.16 psi).

There are 14 mountains above 8,000 m, all in Asia:
  • Everest (Sagarmāthā) (Nepal)
  • K2 (Pakistan/China)
  • Kangchenjunga (India)
  • Lhotse (China)
  • Makalu (China)
  • Cho Oyu (Nepal/China)
  • Dhaulagiri I (Nepal)
  • Manaslu (Nepal)
  • Nanga Parbat (Pakistan)
  • Annapurna I (Nepal)
  • Gasherbrum I (Pakistan/China)
  • Broad Peak (Pakistan/China)
  • Gasherbrum II (Pakistan/China)
  • Shishapangma (China)

So, if you are strong and wealthy enough, that might be a beautiful way to go. And reliable too, since there will not be much folks around willing to drag your body down :)

What do you think?

Reactions: Time4Peace
INTJme

INTJme

Epeolatrist
Mar 22, 2024
There are so many things wrong with your hypothetical plan... I'm just going to list the major ones to save everyone's time.

To get a permit to climb any of these peaks requires an extensive portfolio of past successful summits to mountains at least in the 6000-7000m range. Also, you just can't pack your bags and start climbing an 8000m peak. You will be put into to a group with other climbers and an entire team of experienced Sherpas and porters will accompany your group and there's no way around it. And if you think any of these mountains will not be crowded, you're out of touch with reality.

Assuming that someone is lucky enough to get a permit without adequate climbing experience or training, then making it to 8000m is no joke and 99.99% of untrained people wouldn't be able to get there. At that point, voluntarily jumping off from like 4k or 5k meters is a better bet to ctb. But if you're going to do that anyway, why even bother going so far when tall buildings, bridges or hills are available pretty much everywhere?

Reactions: Agon321, Time4Peace, innominesatanas44 and 1 other person
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
I think it depends what your goals and preferences are. Like if you like climbing or if you want your body to be preserved in this way.