• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

G

grimer11

Jul 12, 2024

Has anyone any experience with state sponsored help with dying?

I am currently in discussions with maine

• Hugs
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_ and Nikitatos
Nikitatos

Nikitatos

Arcanist
Apr 10, 2024
I didn't realize that much progress had been made. My grandmother wanted help dying in the end but couldn't get it.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
In the states where that has been legislated it is only available for terminally ill people expected to die within like 6 months.

• Informative
Reactions: popcornheart, Nikitatos and _AllCatsAreGrey_
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
Oregon was one of the first states to have assisted death. I have no experience with it. As I understand it's highly medically oriented - meaning doctors notes and expected death are primary elements. That said, I know the law is constantly developing. Last I heard there are options to come from out of state.

Def not as expansive as I would like to see, but it's nice to see there is an existing program that can be expanded. Better than nothing.

I'd be interested to hear updates OP. Hopefully the system is not too restrictive. Best of luck.

Reactions: popcornheart and Nikitatos
L

Ligottian

Warlock
Dec 19, 2021
I think Canada now has liberal euthanasia laws.

ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_ and popcornheart
whotookmylexapro

whotookmylexapro

Jan 19, 2024
Is is possible to take a trip to Canada and apply for medically assisted suicide?

popcornheart

popcornheart

πš‹πšžπš›πšœπšπšœ πšžπš—πšπšŽπš› πš™πš›πšŽπšœπšœπšžπš›πšŽ
Dec 22, 2021
Is is possible to take a trip to Canada and apply for medically assisted suicide?

I'm not 100% certain on the residency requirements for the Canadian MAID program but I do know that, sans a terminal illness, most individuals will have to wait until 2027 to see any possibility of qualifying. They recently pushed back the date that would enable those with psychiatric distress the option for their program.

• Informative
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I'm not 100% certain on the residency requirements for the Canadian MAID program but I do know that, sans a terminal illness, most individuals will have to wait until 2027 to see any possibility of qualifying. They recently pushed back the date that would enable those with psychiatric distress the option for their program.
I think non-terminal people with physical problems can apply. People who just have mental illness have to wait (assuming that doesn't get further postponed as it has been).