• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sleep_dealer

sleep_dealer

when life is your enemy, death becomes your friend
Feb 23, 2020
I remember (or misremember) that somewhere in the end of the book To Kill A Mockingbird, someone ended up dying by falling directly onto a knife, like tripping over a shoelace or something, and it stabbing them in their heart. Not sure who died, or whether or not that death is as I remember it, but now it's got me wondering about the physics and physiology behind such a death. What would dying from such an injury be like, given that it's one of sufficiently fatal size? Would there be feelings of suffocating, or rather the sort of TV static feeling whenever you sit on your leg for too long? How long would it take to lose control of your limbs and consciousness?

This is likely not comparable, but I remember drinking a large amount of caffeine in one sitting, maybe like 300-350mg I wanna say, and it felt like the entire left half of my body just got Thanos snapped and had disintegrated into tiny particles, while i was feeling a gentle breeze blowing through it. It'd be badass if that's what getting fatally stabbed would feel like, in retrospect that was a pretty fun experience. I also remember reading that death via exsanguination/hemorrhage is most attainable by cutting the major arteries and veins, like the jugular and carotid arteries of the neck, the femoral arteries near the femur/thigh, and the brachial arteries of the arm. The only ones larger to my awareness are the aorta and pulmonary arteries that connect to the heart. These are all just firsthand experiences and things fleetingly read on the internet, coming from someone totally naive to actual factors of cardiovascular function, so I don't know much else in this regard.

The 'anytime you're ready to go' nature, portability, and ostensible irreversibility of it seem really appealing too. It sounds like a cool trick to have up your sleeve, to be able to just go "aight imma head out" and just die on the spot, wherever and whenever that may be. If you want to make a message/demonstration from your death and do it in a public place, then a heart laceration sounds like something that would be very difficult for revivers to try to work with, if it's even possible at all. If you're a protest suicide, then bonus points for metaphorical symbolism, and potentially also leaving a big bloody mess, if you're into that. The pain that would come with this doesn't bother me, and if I really am in a moderate/heavy instance of suffering, then I've got immense pain resistance on top of that.

Another thing that'll be helpful if I wanna do this route is that I've got a minor pectus excavatum (a small concave area right in the middle of my sternum) that pushes my heart to the left from the position it normally would be, so access to it is easier. As a result, my heartbeat is completely visible on the surface level of my skin at any pulse rate. Because of its accessibility, it's easier for me to do it as an individual than someone with a standard physiology/less malformed body.

What do you think of such a method? I haven't found much reference to this in the searches I've done, and the thoughts I've had about it make it sound like something worth looking into further.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I recently read something by violence expert Marc MacYoung. He said that knife wounds are more fatal than gunshot wounds. If you have the nerve to stab yourself in the heart, especially given your anatomy, I would suggest you start researching medical literature about frontal/anterior stab wounds to the heart.

NotMeantForHere

NotMeantForHere

I want to go like Marilyn Monroe
Feb 6, 2020
Sounds violent to me. Personally I'd prefer the N or SN option, but to each his own..

Reactions: autumnal