eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Everything else seems like inadequate and temporary solutions that only address the symptoms and not the cause. The cause of all problems being existence itself. Once you realize that suicide is a real option it is hard to accept any other inferior solutions.

Barring magically waking up one morning with all my health problems fixed and finding a mysterious dufflebag full of cash, suicide is the only way I can escape my nightmarish existence. You know you hit rock bottom when you realize all those anti-suicide, pro-life campaigns do not even apply to you. Jokes on them I don't have loved ones who will miss me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Passersby, Celerity, profoundexperience and 25 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, it really solves all of OUR problems but in my case, I will ruin my dad's life and cause him lots of trouble and it really sucks! :(

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: purple꿈, lanax09 and BlankUser
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Yes, it really solves all of OUR problems but in my case, I will ruin my dad's life and cause him lots of trouble and it really sucks! :(

Being born itself has caused me lots of trouble. I don't like being guilt tripped to be grateful for a life I did not even ask for. Maybe we have different opinions because I have bad relationship with my parents.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, Bleh, it's_all_a_game and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Being born itself has caused me lots of trouble. I don't like being guilt tripped to be grateful for a life I did not even ask for. Maybe we have different opinions because I have bad relationship with my parents.

I totally get your point because I don't give a damn about my mother. She suffers from schizophrenia and made my life hell but my dad, is the best.

So, I'm stuck in this dilemma: to live or not to live! lol

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and eternalmelancholy
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I agree. Death makes all of life's problems meaningless. I believe that to exist is to suffer, sometimes just being conscious is a nightmare. The fact is there is no limit as to how bad things can get and how much pain we can go through. Our own bodies can torture us to extremes and we can do little to stop this.
I think suicide is our way of gaining control over this life we never asked for. Death is what we are intended for anyway as humans, staying alive is just delaying the inevitable. There is only so much humans can take before they fall into despair and they begin to realise that the peace death brings is better than pointlessly struggling.

• Love
Reactions: Passersby, profoundexperience, Bleh and 4 others
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
I agree. Death makes all of life's problems meaningless. I believe that to exist is to suffer, sometimes just being conscious is a nightmare. The fact is there is no limit as to how bad things can get and how much pain we can go through. Our own bodies can torture us to extremes and we can do little to stop this.
I think suicide is our way of gaining control over this life we never asked for. Death is what we are intended for anyway as humans, staying alive is just delaying the inevitable. There is only so much humans can take before they fall into despair and they begin to realise that the peace death brings is better than pointlessly struggling.

Why are we denied a peaceful death? Even in our last moments we are made to suffer humiliation and pain. Why is access to information on dignified death so restricted?

I swear there is a pro life propaganda that society pushes onto the masses. Otherwise it makes no sense why they care so much about us dying?

• Love
Reactions: profoundexperience, Bleh and pthnrdnojvsc
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I wouldn't say it solves our problems, it just ends our consciousness of them.
But that's the best we can aim for when all hope is lost.

• Love
Reactions: StupidLizard and profoundexperience
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
So, I'm stuck in this dilemma: to live or not to live! lol

Both dying and living seem like shitty options to me. It sucks we are placed in a position where we have to make a choice.

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife and Roadkill
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
i was dead for 13.8 billion years .And i had zero problems then. i won't have any problems 100 years from now because i'll be dead then . the problem is that until then there will be a lot of suffering, pain ,problems disease until i'm dead. then no more problems after my death.

Yeah I was completely fine for billions of years not existing. I will be just as fine for the next billions of years after I die. It is just this time in between that sucks.

It is almost laughable how much bad luck you have to have to be born. Yet we all won this shitty lottery so we are stuck here for the time being.

Reactions: profoundexperience, Bleh and pthnrdnojvsc
purple꿈

purple꿈

空気のような
Mar 15, 2021
it does but then again I'd just pass that problem to my family. I don't exactly have a very good relationship with them but it isn't too bad to the point where I hate them,, so the guilt reaches me and it halts me from wanting to die. it sucks.

ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
and finding a mysterious dufflebag full of cash
I've found that money can't solve any of my problems. If i won the lottery I would be depressed again within a week or two.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
"Solve" is a weird way of putting things. I don't think you solve anything by ending your life.

TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
I've found that money can't solve any of my problems. If i won the lottery I would be depressed again within a week or two.
As eternalmelancholy recently wrote:
"Once you realize that suicide is an option there is no turning back."

"Solve" is a weird way of putting things. I don't think you solve anything by ending your life.
I will quote an excerpt of something I recently wrote:

"Existence implies the existence of problems. (i.e. every thing that exists and is able to experience its existence (the animate as opposed to the inanimate) faces manifold problems.)
If existence ceases, so do the problems.
If problems cease to exist, so does the need for solutions.

It is essentially a variation of the tale of the Gordian knot:
The knot exists and has to be untied.
By cutting the knot in half, it ceases to exist as a knot.
Since it is not a knot anymore, there is no need to untie it."

In that sense, you are right that suicide is technically not a solution, but by eliminating the problem, it renders the need for a solution obsolete.

Reactions: profoundexperience, eternalmelancholy, it's_all_a_game and 2 others
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021

You may be right. Hedonic treadmill can be a real bitch. Not worrying about rent or food must be nice though. Being poor just makes life unnecessarily difficult.

It is essentially a variation of the tale of the Gordian knot:
The knot exists and has to be untied.
By cutting the knot in half, it ceases to exist as a knot.
Since it is not a knot anymore, there is no need to untie it."

In that sense, you are right that suicide is technically not a solution, but by eliminating the problem, it renders the need for a solution obsolete.

Man I love this quote. I look forward to reading your posts. They offer a level of insight and critical thinking that is missing in every day life. I am sure other people think these things too but cannot say publicly it for fear of judgement.

Reactions: ClownMe
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
"If you want to permanently eliminate all suffering in your life, you have to open your mind, to the fact that the solution to this, is not in life/existence, but from life/existence."

Ever Deeper Honestly (book)

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Sprite_Geist and eternalmelancholy
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
Man I love this quote. I look forward to reading your posts. They offer a level of insight and critical thinking that is missing in every day life. I am sure other people think these things too but cannot say publicly it for fear of judgement.
You are too kind, although I am currently mainly posting silly gifs...
Your last sentence details the exact reason why I write these posts; I have no one with whom I could (or would) discuss these matters face to face, so I simply type out my thoughts and theories on this website.
There are a lot of brilliant posts on this forum; someone should collect them, organise them and then publish them under a nom de plume (e.g. Edgard Grandmort) with the title "Reflections about life".
That book would probably be banned.

Reactions: eternalmelancholy
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
You are too kind, although I am currently mainly posting silly gifs...
Your last sentence details the exact reason why I write these posts; I have no one with whom I could (or would) discuss these matters face to face, so I simply type out my thoughts and theories on this website.
There are a lot of brilliant posts on this forum; someone should collect them, organise them and then publish them under a nom de plume (e.g. Edgard Grandmort) with the title "Reflections about life".
That book would probably be banned.

This is why a forum like this must exist. Often times I will read a post that deeply resonates with me. Like they read my thoughts and translated into words.
I like bouncing ideas off on here because this place is free of judgement and gaslighting. Which is hard to find.

A book chronicling the musings of suicidal people will never be published. It will probably be mocked, just like how we are mocked for having these thoughts in the first place.