• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
We are conditioned to be sad and mourn over someone's death, as if it's a great loss and should have been prevented. Of course if a loved one dies suddenly or against their will it can be heartbreaking to the ones that love them, but that is also for selfish reasons of them not having the benefits of that person around any longer.

My grandmother had been bed bound for 10 years, being looked after by someone 24/7, and lost most of her mental capacity. Most relatives didn't even visit her. Once when I visited her, she cried "help me, why don't you help me?", and yet everyone just ignored her and continued keeping her alive, cutting her nails and hurting her in the process. When she passed, deep down I thought it was a wonderful thing, she finally gets to rest in peace. To me she died 10 years ago already. A funeral ceremony was arranged, and everyone acted solemn and sad. During the whole thing I just felt joy for her. Someone was even video taping the whole event of everyone crying, just to show the other relatives who didn't attend who wanted to make sure we 'paid her respects'. Well to me that was the most disrespectful thing. After that, everyone again looked fine and acted normal, joking around as if nothing happened. I believe everyone probably has the same understanding of the situation, but only the most disgusting and fake version is acted out, because that is what is normal and acceptable.

I certainly don't want to end up like that.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Buildingsandcastles, LittleJem, Akaraine and 24 others
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
same🧸that's 1 of my biggest fears after my death. the actors & actresses that will come out of the woodwork in hysterics, acting like they have the right to mourn me when they haven't spoken to me in years & don't even know my fav color/book/food.

thinking of the show that might be put on after i die makes me nauseous >-< esp w the amount of ppl now that use the deaths of ppl they know on social media for clout & attn. i've left specific instructions in my note not to have a memorial/funeral service.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buildingsandcastles, Akaraine, Gonnerr and 9 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
We are conditioned to be sad and mourn over someone's death, as if it's a great loss and should have been prevented. Of course if a loved one dies suddenly or against their will it can be heartbreaking to the ones that love them, but that is also for selfish reasons of them not having the benefits of that person around any longer.

My grandmother had been bed bound for 10 years, being looked after by someone 24/7, and lost most of her mental capacity. Most relatives didn't even visit her. Once when I visited her, she cried "help me, why don't you help me?", and yet everyone just ignored her and continued keeping her alive, cutting her nails and hurting her in the process. When she passed, deep down I thought it was a wonderful thing, she finally gets to rest in peace. To me she died 10 years ago already. A funeral ceremony was arranged, and everyone acted solemn and sad. During the whole thing I just felt joy for her. Someone was even video taping the whole event of everyone crying, just to show the other relatives who didn't attend who wanted to make sure we 'paid her respects'. Well to me that was the most disrespectful thing. After that, everyone again looked fine and acted normal, joking around as if nothing happened. I believe everyone probably has the same understanding of the situation, but only the most disgusting and fake version is acted out, because that is what is normal and acceptable.

I certainly don't want to end up like that.
Suffering for 10 years as your grandmother did is what imo humans risk in old age . I'd rather pull one trigger of my shotgun lights out on my brain in a second no pain vs 10 years of torture.

I worked in a nursing home.old age is a hell nobody can imagine

Reactions: Akaraine, Gonnerr, Decided98 and 6 others
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
same🧸that's 1 of my biggest fears after my death. the actors & actresses that will come out of the woodwork in hysterics, acting like they have the right to mourn me when they haven't spoken to me in years & don't even know my fav color/book/food.

thinking of the show that might be put on after i die makes me nauseous >-< esp w the amount of ppl now that use the deaths of ppl they know on social media for clout & attn. i've left specific instructions in my note not to have a memorial/funeral service.
You're famous?
Corpse revealing parties are better than Gender revealing parties

• Yay!
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Captive_Mind515, rozeske and 3 others
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Suffering for 10 years as your grandmother did is what imo humans risk in old age . I'd rather pull one trigger of my shotgun lights out on my brain in a second no pain vs 10 years of torture.

I worked in a nursing home.old age is a hell nobody can imagine
When does old age start?

Reactions: sserafim
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Yeah, my grandma has dementia and is rapidly deteriorating, her death will bring relief to us and maybe some content but I think in general death is inherently a tragic event which is why there is so much sadness and grief surrounding it

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
In theory, a funeral and a wake is supposed to be a celebration of someone's life. The better bits. Really though, I think they're in a big part, a way for people to say goodbye.

I do understand what you mean by the way- that we ought to feel relieved that that person has escaped their suffering. But, we're complex and rather selfish beings. I think they tend to make us accutely aware that we will never see that person again. Most people will likely be remembering the happier times they had with that person. They might be feeling bitter that they have now lost them forever. We all have needs and death obliterates that relationship. I wonder if funerals are actually a way to mourn that bit of ourselves we won't have anymore. Only in memory. We're mourning ourselves in a way- more than them.

Plus, I think it's become established that we ought to dress and act in a certain way at a funeral. People can get all critical if someone isn't wearing black even.

You've got to love this guy's sense of humour... I've posted this before because I think it's so funny...

I do get what you mean of course. But, as someone who's lost a lot of family members, especially in early childhood, I can't seem to hold it together at any funeral. They all remind me how painful it is to lose the people you love.

While what you're saying makes sense- on the other hand- it is also saying- don't let this particular thing upset you. Think around it to be happy. Surely, that's why we're here though? Because we can't get over the things that are troubling us? So, while it would be good if we could simply be unselfish and be happy for the person who's free- do we have any more right to insist that people don't grieve for us- anymore than they have a right to belittle what we get upset about?

Reactions: Gonnerr, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, Kawaii_Shoujo215 and 2 others
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
It also fascinates me how everyone acts during funerals. The whole screaming and crying like the sky is about to crumble on your head, then all of a sudden laughing and chatting around like nothing happened? I never understood any of it it. Even years before being actively suicidal i was never able to cry at funerals, sure I will be shocked and sad over the news of someone's death and shade a few tears but I never rolled on the floor crying or acted out as such.
There are some cultures though that celebrate death and funerals with dances and songs rather than crying.

Reactions: sserafim, Joarga, Captive_Mind515 and 1 other person
P

Peerless_Cucumber

The one and only king of cucumbers
Feb 22, 2023
I'm currently writing a thesis on an author who died by ctb. All the literature claims him surviving an earlier attempt was a fortunate outcome. It's disgusting. I haven't found one source which wasn't flooded with prolife rhetoric.

Reactions: Captive_Mind515 and lachrymost
lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
We are so lucky to get to die. The alternative is infinitely worse.

Reactions: sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc, Captive_Mind515 and 1 other person
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
There are cultures who celebrate death. Our western culture is influenced by Christiany, that's why we re sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4am, sserafim, divinemistress36 and 3 others
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
I really can't stand funerals. They're unnecessarily drab and sombre affairs.

I've no issue with people being sad about losing a loved one. It's quite natural that someone has left an empty space in your life and you feel that very intensely especially in the first few weeks and months. But it's like funerals are designed by religious people, to make everyone feel even more sad and dejected.

We will all need to be set free from this thing at some point. Even if you loved this life, there will come a point where life doesn't love you anymore, and it can become quite intolerable with old age and/or illness. Being set free is very much a celebration at that point. Sad funerals are a pretty effective propaganda tool, if you're looking to portray death as something to be avoided at all costs.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc, Gonnerr and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, it really should be, in fact I see ceasing to exist as something positive as it means the end to all suffering. I envy those who no longer exist, they are the only fortunate ones to me, I don't believe that anyone who exists in this hellish reality where there is no limit as to how much agony one could feel could ever be fortunate. Existence is just so cruel and futile, it's horrifying how there's so much endless suffering in this world.

Reactions: 4am, sserafim, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
C

CoffeeN

Feb 11, 2024
If u want a good film on this "sunny a Korean film" . The friends celebrates her funeral and no one cries. And I don't like to think I have anybody who will cry for me. U could celebrate ur own funeral in advance by giving a speech to urself infront of a mirror/family photo.

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I understand what you mean. I felt the same when my close relative finally died after six months of horrible suffering from terminal brain cancer.
People really perceive being alive as the ultimate good and death as the ultimate evil. I see that as bizzare, but apparently I am the one who's neuro divergent.
Also there are people who froze their corpses after they died in hope of being revived in the future. That just shows how far some of them go and how extremely attached they are to their egos.

Reactions: Buildingsandcastles, sserafim and pthnrdnojvsc
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i think it should be a little bit of both.
mourning the end, that life brought them here. but celebrating what their life was and that their suffering is over.

its a fine line though. at what point does it go from celebrating the life that was to looking like youre saying "yay theyre dead"

Reactions: Buildingsandcastles and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I understand what you mean. I felt the same when my close relative finally died after six months of horrible suffering from terminal brain cancer.
People really perceive being alive as the ultimate good and death as the ultimate evil. I see that as bizzare, but apparently I am the one who's neuro divergent.
Also there are people who froze their corpses after they died in hope of being revived in the future. That just shows how far some of them go and how extremely attached they are to their egos.
What would happen to them if they/their soul already got reincarnated into a different body? Would they just be undead zombies?
It also fascinates me how everyone acts during funerals. The whole screaming and crying like the sky is about to crumble on your head, then all of a sudden laughing and chatting around like nothing happened? I never understood any of it it. Even years before being actively suicidal i was never able to cry at funerals, sure I will be shocked and sad over the news of someone's death and shade a few tears but I never rolled on the floor crying or acted out as such.
There are some cultures though that celebrate death and funerals with dances and songs rather than crying.
I think that it's all for show

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
What would happen to them if they/their soul already got reincarnated into a different body? Would they just be undead zombies?

I think that it's all for show
It's hard to tell what happens when the brain is heavily damaged.
I think that the soul is still attached to the body as long as it is alive but might be in a dreamlike state.
Or perhaps the soul is waiting somewhere... in between worlds.