L

lopsidedcrawdad1

Experienced
Jun 22, 2023
Im starting to think death cap mushrooms might actually be a decent method. Earlier this year an antidote to the poisoning was discovered but the antidote has only been tested on mice and the survival rate only went from 10% to 50%. Most importantly though, the antidote was only that effective when administered within 4 hours of mushroom ingestion. When administered 8 and 12 hours after ingestion, it was useless. You wont even start to feel any side effects from the mushrooms until 8-24 hours after ingestion. My thought was that you could eat a bunch of these mushrooms (even one small bite could be potentially lethal), wait as long as you possibly can after starting to feel pain to go to the hospital, then just act confused like you didnt know what was causing this and receive pain meds till you die. One problem with the method is that the mortality rate in people that receive medical attention is only between 10-30%. Because the mortality rate many years ago was 90%, I think todays low mortality rate could be addressed in a few ways such as eating a second dose right before going to the hospital, eating huge doses (In almost all cases of poisoning by deathcaps, only 1 or 2 mushrooms were actually eaten), and self medicating with opioids, alcohol, etc. to manage pain in order to delay visiting the hospital as well as further impairing liver function. If anyone has any thoughts on this please let me know!

Last edited:
Reactions: treetop.grazer, LonelyKitten and Moonshinee
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Before reading this, I was going to advise against this method because of the intense pain that comes with injesting something toxic such as these mushrooms but since you said that you'd go to the hospital to be administered pain medications I don't think its that bad of a method. Especially since the antidote is deemed to be useless 4 hours after the ingestion of the mushrooms.

And, since I assume that you have some things to mask the pain to avoid going to the hospital too early, I think that this would be a good method. But, I'm still doubting it because of the pain that follows after eating the mushrooms. Even with intensive administering of painkillers or self medication with opioids, I still think the pain will be hard to avoid, pushing you to go to the hospital.

But, I wonder, where will you find all the mushrooms necessary? Do you live near a forest or something that has an abundance of said mushrooms?

L

lopsidedcrawdad1

Experienced
Jun 22, 2023
Before reading this, I was going to advise against this method because of the intense pain that comes with injesting something toxic such as these mushrooms but since you said that you'd go to the hospital to be administered pain medications I don't think its that bad of a method. Especially since the antidote is deemed to be useless 4 hours after the ingestion of the mushrooms.

And, since I assume that you have some things to mask the pain to avoid going to the hospital too early, I think that this would be a good method. But, I'm still doubting it because of the pain that follows after eating the mushrooms. Even with intensive administering of painkillers or self medication with opioids, I still think the pain will be hard to avoid, pushing you to go to the hospital.

But, I wonder, where will you find all the mushrooms necessary? Do you live near a forest or something that has an abundance of said mushrooms?
Supposedly the gastrointestinal pain that you feel 8-24 hours after goes away within a few hours to the point where people then think theyre recovered even though the liver and kidney damage continues to happen. I have never taken any opioids so I have no experience to back this up but theoretically wouldnt it be impossible to feel any pain as long as the dose is high enough since its blocking your pain receptors? I cant imagine the hospital would have much of a problem giving someone whos dying of apparent liver damage very high doses of opioids. Death caps are native to europe but have spread all over. I live in the U.S. and they are present in my state this time of year. They pop up under trees after a rain. They like warmth and humidity (like most other mushrooms).

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Supposedly the gastrointestinal pain that you feel 8-24 hours after goes away within a few hours to the point where people then think theyre recovered even though the liver and kidney damage continues to happen. I have never taken any opioids so I have no experience to back this up but theoretically wouldnt it be impossible to feel any pain as long as the dose is high enough since its blocking your pain receptors? I cant imagine the hospital would have much of a problem giving someone whos dying of apparent liver damage very high doses of opioids. Death caps are native to europe but have spread all over. I live in the U.S. and they are present in my state this time of year. They pop up under trees after a rain. They like warmth and humidity (like most other mushrooms).
Then, I guess its a fine method considering that the pain symptoms disappear after a few hours and like you said, I don't think a hospital would administer high dosages of opioids.

Opioids aren't that much of a problem, its fine if you didn't take them before. Theres a first time for everything. Many people report not that many problems after taking opioids for the first time (some friends of mine) so I assume it will be the same for you. You can find them on the DW, there are lots there.

Furthermore, its amazing how many species native to a continent have spread all over the world, you're lucky to have them in your area.

L

lopsidedcrawdad1

Experienced
Jun 22, 2023
I w
Then, I guess its a fine method considering that the pain symptoms disappear after a few hours and like you said, I don't think a hospital would administer high dosages of opioids.

Opioids aren't that much of a problem, its fine if you didn't take them before. Theres a first time for everything. Many people report not that many problems after taking opioids for the first time (some friends of mine) so I assume it will be the same for you. You can find them on the DW, there are lots there.

Furthermore, its amazing how many species native to a continent have spread all over the world, you're lucky to have them in your area.
I was wrong about the pain going away in just a few hours. I read into it more and it looks like the gastrointestinal pain goes away in 12-36 hours. I have some hydrocodone I stole from somebody that could probably help me out a bit during that time. I am really leaning towards using this method because I like the idea of being able to die while drugged up at the hospital since I will have time to say goodbye to people that I love. I have SN and a shotgun but sn just scares the shit out of me for some reason and although the shotgun would give me a painless and pretty much guaranteed death, I dont like that there would be no gap between pulling the trigger and dying.

• Hugs
Reactions: アホペンギン
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I w

I was wrong about the pain going away in just a few hours. I read into it more and it looks like the gastrointestinal pain goes away in 12-36 hours. I have some hydrocodone I stole from somebody that could probably help me out a bit during that time. I am really leaning towards using this method because I like the idea of being able to die while drugged up at the hospital since I will have time to say goodbye to people that I love. I have SN and a shotgun but sn just scares the shit out of me for some reason and although the shotgun would give me a painless and pretty much guaranteed death, I dont like that there would be no gap between pulling the trigger and dying.
Oh, then if thats the case then it'll be much harder to endure the pain. The painkillers would be useful in that case.

About SN, this isn't to encourage you or anything but it isn't that bad of a method, not painful at all and relatively easy to endure, if everything is done correctly. The shotgun is also a very solid method. I hope you can figure something in regards to methods soon, maybe choosing one of these 2 methods would be a good choice as well as the mushrooms. I will respect your decision in whatever method you choose to do.

The idea of spending your last moments in a hospital would also be good, you can be comforted by your loved ones during your last moments. You're lucky to still have people you love, actually.

• Hugs
Reactions: lopsidedcrawdad1
regal20

regal20

Sep 19, 2022
I would advise against this method. Physical pain is not the only problem with severe poisoning. There is also vomiting, diarrhea, disorientation, dizziness, rapid heart rate and breathing problems. It won't be a light death by any means unless you take the kind of drugs that will render you unconscious until death.

Reactions: Sweet Tart, Praestat_Mori and betternever2havbeen
L

lopsidedcrawdad1

Experienced
Jun 22, 2023
I
I would advise against this method. Physical pain is not the only problem with severe poisoning. There is also vomiting, diarrhea, disorientation, dizziness, rapid heart rate and breathing problems. It won't be a light death by any means unless you take the kind of drugs that will render you unconscious until death.
Thats why id go to the hospital and receive pain meds. Id really just have to make it through a day or so of pain and then go to the hospital to die. At a certain point, the only thing that would be able to save me would be a liver transplant which id refuse.
Oh, then if thats the case then it'll be much harder to endure the pain. The painkillers would be useful in that case.

About SN, this isn't to encourage you or anything but it isn't that bad of a method, not painful at all and relatively easy to endure, if everything is done correctly. The shotgun is also a very solid method. I hope you can figure something in regards to methods soon, maybe choosing one of these 2 methods would be a good choice as well as the mushrooms. I will respect your decision in whatever method you choose to do.

The idea of spending your last moments in a hospital would also be good, you can be comforted by your loved ones during your last moments. You're lucky to still have people you love, actually.
What sucks about the SN though is that id have to die alone. Atleast if I ate the death caps, id be able to get my ex girlfriend to visit me out of pity in the hospital and id get to see her face in person one last time before I die. Thatd be a pretty great way to go even if I do have to deal with some pain and discomfort for a day or two.

• Hugs
Reactions: アホペンギン
B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
It sounds like a horrible way to go! If you survive you'll need a liver transplant most likely. Honestly I think it will be far worse than SN-not that I'm suggesting you take that either but just for comparison sake. There is no way I'd ever consider eating a poisonous mushroom as a method I just imagine the pain is probably excruciating.

Reactions: Sweet Tart and Praestat_Mori
L

lopsidedcrawdad1

Experienced
Jun 22, 2023
It sounds like a horrible way to go! If you survive you'll need a liver transplant most likely. Honestly I think it will be far worse than SN-not that I'm suggesting you take that either but just for comparison sake. There is no way I'd ever consider eating a poisonous mushroom as a method I just imagine the pain is probably excruciating.
I think youre missing the hospital part.
Lol if i needed a liver transplant id just refuse it and die. The list of people needing livers is so long that I probably wouldnt be able to get one in time even if I wanted one.

Last edited:
N

nessun_nome

Student
May 7, 2023
Im starting to think death cap mushrooms might actually be a decent method. Earlier this year an antidote to the poisoning was discovered but the antidote has only been tested on mice and the survival rate only went from 10% to 50%. Most importantly though, the antidote was only that effective when administered within 4 hours of mushroom ingestion. When administered 8 and 12 hours after ingestion, it was useless. You wont even start to feel any side effects from the mushrooms until 8-24 hours after ingestion. My thought was that you could eat a bunch of these mushrooms (even one small bite could be potentially lethal), wait as long as you possibly can after starting to feel pain to go to the hospital, then just act confused like you didnt know what was causing this and receive pain meds till you die. One problem with the method is that the mortality rate in people that receive medical attention is only between 10-30%. Because the mortality rate many years ago was 90%, I think todays low mortality rate could be addressed in a few ways such as eating a second dose right before going to the hospital, eating huge doses (In almost all cases of poisoning by deathcaps, only 1 or 2 mushrooms were actually eaten), and self medicating with opioids, alcohol, etc. to manage pain in order to delay visiting the hospital as well as further impairing liver function. If anyone has any thoughts on this please let me know!

I think it's a bad method. It seems to me that the effect of these mushrooms is analogous to that of paracetamol overdose. There is much documentation on how unpleasant that is.

You do know that there are different sorts of pain and that they aren't all manageable with painkillers.

Reactions: betternever2havbeen
B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I think youre missing the hospital part.
I'm not I just think they won't be able to control the pain 100% of the time-I think you should just take into account you're likely to be in a considerable amount of pain and not think going to hospital is any kind of guarantee against that. I can't believe the Victoria poisonings haven't put you off this method, it said their livers were turned to mush. It's a nasty nasty way to go.

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
was it about a week ago? a lady in australia had 3 people over for a meal. they all died. they were suspecting these shrooms. i have not seen any articles about it since. i guess if you're willing to go through 3 days of pain, cyanide may actually be better.