Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
Unfortunately for us,this Therapist probably won't be practising anymore.
With respect to the poor lady who did not want to die,but we're bound to have a different take.

CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
Count me in. Again, with respect to the deceased.

• Love
Reactions: Saed
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
Can you copy and paste the article? I cant follow the link

Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
@Walilamdzi There ya go. Went to text-based version of the site cos the main site was too much of a pain in the ass to copy paste.

Grandmother, 63, dies 'two hours after having £400 IV vitamin drip her husband bought her as a gift' as therapist 'is arrested on suspicion of manslaughter'
  • Rita Sauguniene, 63, was gifted the vitamin course by her husband, Algirdu
  • She lapsed into unconsciousness and then died in her home in Forest Gate
  • The therapist thought to have administered the treatment has been arrested

A grandmother lapsed into unconsciousness and then died after having an intravenous vitamin infusion, it is reported.

Rita Sauguniene, 63, was gifted the vitamin course by her husband, Algirdu, who said the course cost him £400, before his wife died in their home in Forest Gate, East London last month.

The therapist who is thought to have carried out the IV drip, Daiva Skackovine, was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter the day after Mrs Sauguniene died, The Sun reported.

The 63-year-old grandmother lapsed into unconsciousness two hours after having an intravenous vitamin infusion and died in her home in Forest Gate, East London, it was reported

Her husband, Algirdu, said he bought the course for her as a present for £400

Skackovine, 54, has said she has nursing experience but she is not qualified in the UK, the newspaper said.

Although the treatment has been popularised by celebrities who use it to pump their veins with vitamins and minerals the British Nutrition Foundation has issued warnings about it.

They have said that infusions are unregulated and can be harmful.

Mrs Sauguniene is from Lithuania, where the cocktail is believed to have been produced
On June 27 Mrs Sauguniene, from Lithuania, started to feel unwell after her treatment and went into unconsciousness before she was pronounced dead at her house.

Police said this is the first investigation of this kind and they are treating it as 'unexplained' after a post-mortem exam proved inconclusive.

Skackovine has been freed on bail and it is understood that the substance she used, believed to have been produced in Lithuania, was seized.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Walilamdzi
E

Elbarado

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019
so sad :(

I hope she didnt suffer.

Wonder which vitamins she got E D K A? thats what i know can be deadly if overdosed, but it would need a lot o_O i guess

• Love
Reactions: Saed