マット
Mar 22, 2020
I bet that'd be a "sweet death"

Reactions: lobster salad, Wisdom3_1-9, fox21132113 and 2 others
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
when I quit smoking twice- I used black licorice and vapes. I ate a ton of licorice. This is interesting

Reactions: _Minsk, Sunset764 and Meditation guide
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
It is like too much of a lot of different foods/liquids, it can throw ones body off balance and like too licorice can cause heart problems. Heck drinking too much water at once can kill a person also. Goes to show how fragile things can be.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I love licorice. Finally a pleasant way to go.
Heck drinking too much water at once can kill a person also.
I heard about a teen who entered a contest to see who could drink the most water. She drank a couple gallons and dropped dead.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: _Minsk, Sunset764, woxihuanni and 3 others
E

ending80

Aug 31, 2020
I read this and wondered if he had underlying conditions or if this was really possible

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I love licorice. Finally a pleasant way to go.

I heard about a teen who entered a contest to see who could drink the most water. She drank a couple gallons and dropped dead.
I am always 100% honest, in so far as had to look it up. Drinking too much water causes hyponatremia. 6 liters of water drank all at once can kill a average 165lb. person. Has something to do with levels of sodium. THANK YOU for the reply, I LOVED IT!!!! Did not know that and that is what makes this website and great global family members, like you, so SPECIAL!!!!!! Again, THANK YOU love it!!!

Reactions: Lostandlooking, MorningstarMornings, Sinkinshyp and 1 other person
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
Haha read the same story on the BBC and had posted also..

Reactions: Sunset764 and Ghost2211
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
California — A woman who competed in a radio station's contest to see how much water she could drink without going to the bathroom died of water intoxication

Jennifer Strange, 28, was found dead Friday in her home hours after taking part in the "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest in which KDND 107.9 promised a Nintendo Wii video game system for the winner.

"She said to one of our supervisors that she was on her way home and her head was hurting her real bad," said Laura Rios, one of Strange's co-workers. "She was crying and that was the last that anyone had heard from her."

Apparently too much water makes the brain swell up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lostandlooking and Sinkinshyp
Klee

Klee

Never play cards with a magician.
Apr 19, 2020
I really love liquorice.

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad, Sinkinshyp, _Minsk and 1 other person
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
one time i ate 1kg box of salmiac liquorice within 3 days, was a good time but i didnt die x3
find-what-you-love-and-let-it-kill-you.jpg

love that quote:)
edit: was it due to the salt or liquorice root?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, lobster salad and Klee
F

fox21132113

Student
Sep 8, 2020
California — A woman who competed in a radio station's contest to see how much water she could drink without going to the bathroom died of water intoxication

Jennifer Strange, 28, was found dead Friday in her home hours after taking part in the "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest in which KDND 107.9 promised a Nintendo Wii video game system for the winner.

"She said to one of our supervisors that she was on her way home and her head was hurting her real bad," said Laura Rios, one of Strange's co-workers. "She was crying and that was the last that anyone had heard from her."

I remember that was when the wii just came out

Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020

If I remember righ they made laws in regards to contests after that.. unless I'm thinking of something different

Reactions: sufferingalways and Meditation guide
Choronzon

Choronzon

Sep 23, 2020

It gets worse. They knew there was risk months in advance; people called in during the show to warn them, as well. They did not look into it themselves, even wondering aloud if maybe they should have during the event.

Her family was awarded $16.5M in compensation and 10 employees lost their jobs. Just an incredible parade of stupidity.

Details!: https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/jury-rules-radio-station-jennifer-strange-water-drinking/story?id=8970712

Reactions: Lostandlooking and Meditation guide
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Growing up, I had a reputation for eating lots and lots of licorice. It's actually the thing that brought me and my best friend together. He died 13 years ago. Wish the licorice had taken me then.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
IN another unusual death incident, an Indiana woman was found dead with an 8-foot python snake wrapped around her neck and died from asphyxiation. The snake was a reticulated python, which is native to southeast Asia and is considered to be the longest snake in the world. The Benton County dispatch in Oxford, Indiana, received a 911 call after Laura Hurst, 36, was found unresponsive. Medics arrived and attempted life-saving measures on her but were unsuccessful. Authorities said an autopsy found Hurt died due to strangulation by a snake.

The snakes lived in a small blue house in Oxford, Ind. 140 of them in all.
Indiana authorities described it as a "reptile home."

Last edited:
Reactions: Lostandlooking
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
The Benton County dispatch in Oxford, Indiana, received a 911 call after Laura Hurst, 36, was found unresponsive. Medics arrived and attempted life-saving measures on her but were unsuccessful. Authorities said an autopsy found Hurt died due to strangulation by a snake.
Some people have all the luck.

Reactions: SpinningSong and Meditation guide
sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
If I remember righ they made laws in regards to contests after that.. unless I'm thinking of something different

Hi Sinkinshyp, I believe you're right. They did after that.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Goes to show how fragile things can be
It's weird.
Life seems so fragile and depends on such a delicate balance of things which could go wrong at any time, but when you're looking to actually end it, it fees like an insurmountable goliath.

Reactions: Trannydiary, gnomeboy17 and Lostandlooking
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
It's weird.
Life seems so fragile and depends on such a delicate balance of things which could go wrong at any time, but when you're looking to actually end it, it fees like an insurmountable goliath.

I sit here and find it so confusing. My son loved life off he goes to work- Have a good day buddy I love you, Love you to Ma.. never to get to work a woman turned left into his car killing him and so many want to die. I think the more we want to die the harder it is

Reactions: Lostandlooking and Meditation guide
sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
It gets worse. They knew there was risk months in advance; people called in during the show to warn them, as well. They did not look into it themselves, even wondering aloud if maybe they should have during the event.

((That's awful. )) Can't use colour text so I've used brackets.

Her family was awarded $16.5M in compensation and 10 employees lost their jobs. Just an incredible parade of stupidity.

Details!: https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/jury-rules-radio-station-jennifer-strange-water-drinking/story?id=8970712