• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
I live in an area where there are a lot of hot air balloons. They seem to float very high I'm wondering if you fall out if the distance is enough to kill someone. I believe this is an option for me.

Kempel556

Kempel556

Luce sicut stellae
Sep 26, 2023
Yes, the distance is enough to kill someone

voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Funny that you mention this. Have also considered it (and paragliding, since it's fun and you're not accountable to anyone owning a balloon). I'd be hesitant to jump from a bridge or anything lower. The answer is yes, it's almost certain to be deadly, since we're talking of more than a few hundred meters.

Mrpickles

Mrpickles

Sep 29, 2023
It's definitely high enough. But I would feel bad for the person who brings you up. Usually people who do balloon rides do it because they have a passion for it. Or, air travel in general. Going to ruin their passion for a bit if they witness that :/

Reactions: FastForward, vampire2002, larastoned and 2 others
haibane

haibane

Reki
Sep 27, 2023
Definitely high enough, but the guy who will be with u will probably be traumatised.

Reactions: Mrpickles
M

martinso67

All human rights are important
Feb 5, 2021
At least in my case. I looked up the content of the hot air balloon they sell. It' is not containing 99% of helium. There is instead nearly quarter of O2.

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
I live in an area where there are a lot of hot air balloons. They seem to float very high I'm wondering if you fall out if the distance is enough to kill someone. I believe this is an option for me.
I have been in one and it would definitely be high enough. Being in an hot air balloon is a very chilled, relaxed experience. The basket is high so would take a bit of climbing out of and like other people say, would leave those you were with incredibly traumatised and possibly disrupt their safe landing.

deathbydragon

deathbydragon

take me with you
Mar 17, 2022
Interesting that this thread was made earlier this month. There was a hot air balloon suicide a week ago in Nevada.
youtube.com/watch?v=AZLJvQ2vCjI

Supposed eyewitnesses in the comments section of this instagram post.
instagram.com/p/CymDMONhCS6/

My girlfriend and I were on the balloon when it happened as well and earlier description is very accurate. Happened so fast😔😔….. 2 people who had signed up did not come (makes me wonder if they were her friends and knew what was going to happen or knew of her struggles ) . We met at the main office at 4:30am and had an hour long van ride to the take off point… she sat next to me but didn't speak and almost everyone slept so there were no signs of what was about to happen…. we had a brief stop at a gas station for coffee and bathroom break before going over to the field for launch. She was dressed nicely, stayed very quite and later we discussed how she was solo and no one saw her taking any pictures. When we got to 4000ft and everyone was turned watching the sunrise, taking pictures, videos etc she slipped behind the other girl and staff guy in her section of the basket and went over the side (it would be extremely quick and easy to do) …. All of the sudden we all heard "no no no !!!!" And turned to see her go over the side … the staff member tried to grab her but it would have been impossible once she crossed over. It was completely traumatic to witness😔 … the pilot was in shock as well but kept his composure and quickly radioed the ground crew to call 911 and we started to descend.
It was an image that I will never forget and feel so sorry for her and her struggle. We went through videos and were able to extract images of her prior to take off if a family member would want them. I would never post but would gladly send privately😔
thank you for this. I knew her. She went to high school with my daughters. She fought depression for a really long time. She would never want to hurt others but from those close to the situation she felt there was no other escape.
I honestly feel bad for the whole situation. Her and everyone on that balloon that had to witness this. She was my cousin, though. I honestly last saw her 2017 and from my end I never knew anything about her struggling with depression. She was always so cheerful, talented. She had big dreams. It's heartbreaking. I'm sure I'd like to get ahold of those photos and give them to someone in the family.
For anyone that wants more information on this here it is. I know this because my brother and sister were on this balloon ride as well. Everybody introduced themselves before the ride. My brother said her name was Summer and she' was from Chicago. She came to the ride alone but she said she came to Vegas with 2 or 3 friends but left them at the hotel. This ride started at 8am. The basket is separated into 4 quadrants siblings being in one. Single riders have to ride with the conductor. They took off and after the conductor announced that they made it as high as they could go(4000 ft) by siblings heard the conductor say "No, no, no! My brother turned around not knowing what was going on and saw him leaning over the basket. When he leaned back in he saw her purple sweater in his hand. My brother looked over and saw her freefalling. He said she didn't even scream. He said he'll never get that age out of his head. My brother did talk to the conductor though. The conductor was worried about everyone else as he said he was in the military and has seen worse things. He was worried about the other passengers and the future of his business. It definitely put a damper on everyone's day and my siblings Vegas trip.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Interesting that this thread was made earlier this month. There was a hot air balloon suicide a week ago in Nevada.
youtube.com/watch?v=AZLJvQ2vCjI

Supposed eyewitnesses in the comments section of this instagram post.
instagram.com/p/CymDMONhCS6/

My girlfriend and I were on the balloon when it happened as well and earlier description is very accurate. Happened so fast😔😔….. 2 people who had signed up did not come (makes me wonder if they were her friends and knew what was going to happen or knew of her struggles ) . We met at the main office at 4:30am and had an hour long van ride to the take off point… she sat next to me but didn't speak and almost everyone slept so there were no signs of what was about to happen…. we had a brief stop at a gas station for coffee and bathroom break before going over to the field for launch. She was dressed nicely, stayed very quite and later we discussed how she was solo and no one saw her taking any pictures. When we got to 4000ft and everyone was turned watching the sunrise, taking pictures, videos etc she slipped behind the other girl and staff guy in her section of the basket and went over the side (it would be extremely quick and easy to do) …. All of the sudden we all heard "no no no !!!!" And turned to see her go over the side … the staff member tried to grab her but it would have been impossible once she crossed over. It was completely traumatic to witness😔 … the pilot was in shock as well but kept his composure and quickly radioed the ground crew to call 911 and we started to descend.
It was an image that I will never forget and feel so sorry for her and her struggle. We went through videos and were able to extract images of her prior to take off if a family member would want them. I would never post but would gladly send privately😔
thank you for this. I knew her. She went to high school with my daughters. She fought depression for a really long time. She would never want to hurt others but from those close to the situation she felt there was no other escape.
I honestly feel bad for the whole situation. Her and everyone on that balloon that had to witness this. She was my cousin, though. I honestly last saw her 2017 and from my end I never knew anything about her struggling with depression. She was always so cheerful, talented. She had big dreams. It's heartbreaking. I'm sure I'd like to get ahold of those photos and give them to someone in the family.
For anyone that wants more information on this here it is. I know this because my brother and sister were on this balloon ride as well. Everybody introduced themselves before the ride. My brother said her name was Summer and she' was from Chicago. She came to the ride alone but she said she came to Vegas with 2 or 3 friends but left them at the hotel. This ride started at 8am. The basket is separated into 4 quadrants siblings being in one. Single riders have to ride with the conductor. They took off and after the conductor announced that they made it as high as they could go(4000 ft) by siblings heard the conductor say "No, no, no! My brother turned around not knowing what was going on and saw him leaning over the basket. When he leaned back in he saw her purple sweater in his hand. My brother looked over and saw her freefalling. He said she didn't even scream. He said he'll never get that age out of his head. My brother did talk to the conductor though. The conductor was worried about everyone else as he said he was in the military and has seen worse things. He was worried about the other passengers and the future of his business. It definitely put a damper on everyone's day and my siblings Vegas trip.
That seems to be a traumatic experience for the passengers and crew on the Balloon. The woman who jumped is at peace now, but this is yet another example of what happens in a prohibitionist, pro-life society that censors meaningful and safe discussion about suicide and pathologizes suicide ideation and the act itself rather than seeing it as an act of ultimate bodily autonomy and free will. Until society change the status quo, attitudes, and law towards suicide as a whole, there will be more people who are desperate to exit suffering and going to extremes, possibly involving unwilling parties or having unwilling parties witnessing it.