• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

m00nlyte

May 24, 2022
Death by electrocution -hairdryer in a bath? Will this theory work? Or is there a survival chance

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: justwannaendmypain, lessthanperfect, ImsooDone1N and 2 others
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
Forget both. Better use a well proven method. Take your time and read info about methods. Since you are a new member you can´t use the search function yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: emptymiku, lessthanperfect, ImsooDone1N and 5 others
D

derletzteweg

Jul 21, 2021
at least in Germany this method will not work. Every Home in Germany has a special device that turns off all the power automatically if you put a electric gadget like a hairdryer in water or similar cases... Whether this will work in other countries.. I don`t know..

• Informative
Reactions: Valky, lessthanperfect, ImsooDone1N and 5 others
A

Advisor321

Student
Jun 3, 2022
at least in Germany this method will not work. Every Home in Germany has a special device that turns off all the power automatically if you put a electric gadget like a hairdryer in water or similar cases... Whether this will work in other countries.. I don`t know..

In almost every European country as well, I think. It's not the '70/'80 that this method was kind of successful.

And about crashing car. Not a good method.
1. You can end up with minor injuries.
2. You can end up with broken limbs and back and other injuries that will effect your life and might destroy chances of ctb in future
3. You can cause a car accident that will affect other drivers, innocent people

4. Beware of seatbelts, the airbags, and in new cars the automatic break when it detects an obstacle, so...

Reactions: emptymiku, lessthanperfect, ImsooDone1N and 5 others
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
You would just trip a breaker that shuts off all electricity and it's a pain in the ass to reset all the breakers.

Electrocution is also quite painful and can leave you with major burns and disfigurements.

If you are in a crisis right now, take a deep breath and then try to read up about the different methods others are using. There are pros and cons to everything and if you decide to end your life it should be as painless as possible and well thought out.

Reactions: imlookingforward, lessthanperfect, 710 and 5 others
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Electrocution is like being burned alive on the inside.

Reactions: lessthanperfect, amoonschizo, houseofleaves and 1 other person
L

lostmyacc

Been on and off here for 2 years. Lost my password
Jun 1, 2022
Execution expert's believe you need around 2000 Volts direct to the brain to die instant death.

Your methods sounds like something out of hollywood type and I would not attempt.

Reactions: lessthanperfect, m00nlyte, houseofleaves and 1 other person
O

ornitier199

Arcanist
Mar 26, 2022
Never thought of this method. Feel like trying it. There's four outlets in my bathroom, wonder if that be enough voltage. I was thinking maybe a plugged in TV or PC

Reactions: lessthanperfect
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Nah, Nope, if it was that simple wouldn't it be done over and over by those desperate to CTB, there is many a reason why methods are so hard!

Reactions: lessthanperfect and m00nlyte
Nequam

Nequam

Mar 9, 2022
In newer construction in the US bathroom outlets are generally GFCI, there's a breaker in the outlet itself specifically as an effort to prevent accidental electrocution. NEC (National Electric Code) requires it as well as the IRBC if memory serves, don't feel like digging my copy of it out.

Furthermore, electrocution happens when you complete a circuit. Water is a better conductor than the human body so there's a good chance that if you aren't in a metal tub or touching metal somehow that you will get either a fairly minor shock or nothing at all.

Not the greatest supporting links, however I literally just woke up and am not totally coherent yet. I can provide better when my brain finally gets itself out of neutral.

Furthermore, attempting to die by electrocution in this manner has decent odds of not only failing but causing permanent damage to your body that, since you are already here because of life related difficulties, could very well make things a whole lot worse permanently.

"Electrical burns often affect internal organs. They are caused by the heat generated from the body's resistance to the current passing through it. Internal damage may be much more serious than the external injuries suggest.

Internal burns often have serious consequences: scarring, amputation, loss of function, loss of sensation and even death. For example, if a lot of tissue is destroyed, the large amount of waste generated can cause serious kidney or blood circulation disorders"

That's an excerpt from this site

Read on from there (what I quoted off the page) and it gets even better. Now that's mostly worst case scenario, however if any of us had amazingly good luck we probably would not be here so perhaps choosing a method that has a few less crippling consequences for failure is a better plan.

Also, if for some reason it does work for you, it means your house doesn't have the correct preventative measures and there is a chance that whoever finds you? Dies or is damaged badly as well because they will have their feet on the floor which means the second they touch you, the tub, the water or the hair dryer they complete a circuit (they only have to touch one of those). Since this question was posted here I believe we can safely guess that not everyone knows more than the bare minimum about electrical hazards and how to handle them safely.

(If I come across as an asshole here, it's unintentional. My personality is fairly abrasive before I am fully awake, drives my coworkers nuts since they're all morning people)

Reactions: lessthanperfect and Hirokami
S

sfabians

Student
Nov 7, 2021
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: lessthanperfect, NobodyKnowsMe and lofticries
samishii

samishii

What's the point?
Dec 24, 2021
Trust me, you don't want to die of electrocution...as hobby I used to work with electronics and electrical circuitry, as a result of which, I have been shocked a few times (sometimes on purpose, I am weird that way) and it is far from peaceful, and at 220/110 V AC, it is nasty as fuck. The death is not going to be quick either.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Death by electrocution -hairdryer in a bath? Will this theory work? Or is there a survival chance
Worked for James Bond in Thunderball(1965) in the Bahamas

WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Electrocution sounds like a terrible way to go.

E

eternalsleep16

Jun 2, 2022
It's awful how some of us must resort to horrific ways of CTB when we're left with no other choice.
If I don't find SN, then I guess I'll just have to go by drowning.

Nequam

Nequam

Mar 9, 2022
This time I own the fact I am about to come across as an asshole.
1) If you see it in the movies? It's called acting and special effects. I mean seriously. How many movies are there that show love conquering all and happy ever after? Or zombie outbreaks? Don't imitate the movies, it will likely end badly and painfully.
2) At any given moment of the day, even in your own home, you are surrounded by hundreds of options for a lethal outcome. If a person is truly desperate enough to risk the consequences of failed electrocution or smelling and hearing themselves burn alive via car crash gone wrong then taking an extended hike into forest lands and handcuffing themselves to a tree (leave the keys behind) and dying of exposure would still be a much less disastrous way to attempt. And no one else is injured or killed by it.
3) I hate water. I live on a peninsula, much of the area is kinda swampy and I absolutely loathe water. Personally I would still prefer drowning to burning alive. Severe enough electric shock can and does feel like burning plus causes burn injuries. True, self immolation does make a rather loud point however there isn't enough Vick's in the world to kill the smell of your own flesh and the last thing you hear is people screaming and your own fat popping. That's a hard pass for me. I mention it because I keep thinking of the car wreck I was on the site of a few months ago, as a witness because I was two cars from the accident. That woman took a long time to go and because of the damage and heat none of us could do anything but listen as it burned. I don't ride that section of highway anymore and won't till the asphalt is no longer charred.

There are resources on this site offering better possibilities. There are other places also with information on better ways. Please take a breath and look at them, don't attempt things with a high risk of failure possibly resulting in permanent damage as a result just because you feel like you have no choice and need out right this second. Nobody wants to be the moral of a Murphy's law story. Also, I have no idea why you are feeling so desperate for oblivion that you would consider either of those acceptable but you have my sympathy and I hope the weight eases enough for you to be able to see more than just two gruesome ends.

Reactions: m00nlyte
L

lessthanperfect

Student
Mar 30, 2023
In newer construction in the US bathroom outlets are generally GFCI, there's a breaker in the outlet itself specifically as an effort to prevent accidental electrocution. NEC (National Electric Code) requires it as well as the IRBC if memory serves, don't feel like digging my copy of it out.
Interesting... Does that mean other outlets in the house wouldn't have this? Would an extension cord change anything?

Furthermore, electrocution happens when you complete a circuit. Water is a better conductor than the human body so there's a good chance that if you aren't in a metal tub or touching metal somehow that you will get either a fairly minor shock or nothing at all.
What kind of metal would be necessary? Any shape, size, type known to work best? Could you just hold a piece of metal in one hand and drop the cord with the other?

Also, if for some reason it does work for you, it means your house doesn't have the correct preventative measures and there is a chance that whoever finds you? Dies or is damaged badly as well because they will have their feet on the floor which means the second they touch you, the tub, the water or the hair dryer they complete a circuit (they only have to touch one of those). Since this question was posted here I believe we can safely guess that not everyone knows more than the bare minimum about electrical hazards and how to handle them safely.
Interesting. Would touching the cord (an extension cord) outside of the room also be dangerous?

I tend to think logically before making any decisions and have difficulty interpreting the motivations of others, so can anyone who acts impulsively tell me if a sign that reads "do not touch, dangerous electricity, call the police" would be enough to keep someone who finds me from immediately getting themself electrocuted trying to help or if they'd just ignore that and get shocked anyway?
Interesting... Does that mean other outlets in the house wouldn't have this? Would an extension cord change anything?

What kind of metal would be necessary? Any shape, size, type known to work best? Could you just hold a piece of metal in one hand and drop the cord with the other?

Interesting. Would touching the cord (an extension cord) outside of the room also be dangerous?

I tend to think logically before making any decisions and have difficulty interpreting the motivations of others, so can anyone who acts impulsively tell me if a sign that reads "do not touch, dangerous electricity, call the police" would be enough to keep someone who finds me from immediately getting themself electrocuted trying to help or if they'd just ignore that and get shocked anyway?

emptymiku

emptymiku

bokura wa inochi ni kirawarete iru
Mar 27, 2023
car accidents are a very inefficient way to ctb. you'd be more likely to just get injured, and you might crash into other cars and hurt people

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Residual Current Circuit Breakers are conventionally fitted as replacements to the old type "fuse boxes" and are located where the mains electricity enters the dwelling if a house; in each apartment if flats. They cover each circuit, not just the bathroom.
"High Voltage -Danger to Life" type signs mounted on sub stations or installations are generic in nature and don't really identify exactly what is going on inside. I've known instances of children being killed from some feet above the power line into such an installation by throwing a cable onto it, inadvertently completing the circuit. Equally I've known of youngsters being severely burnt after breaking into an electric substation and coming into contact with high voltage. By severely burnt I do include losing limbs which required to be amputated.
I'd never suggest "giving it a go" with electricity, myself.