Nobody

Nobody

Aug 17, 2018
Could it be very painful if i take a bath and put a toaster in it while being plugged?

Reactions: Tiburcio
T

Tiburcio

No idea, but I would be interested in knowing it.

I saw in some place the toaster discharge is not enough... Can somebody please confirm it?

Reactions: Nobody
anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
I read that someone died in the shower while carrying the phone
but the death by electrocution does not know if it is very reliable in any case or if it is very painful
It does not seem very peaceful anyway ..

Reactions: Nobody and Tiburcio
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
Having epilepsy I get zapped quite frequently. Sometimes I am semi-awake during the seizure and yes, it hurts. You need a higher amperage to succeed. Putting anything in the bath while plugged in will not do it. Sorry.

Reactions: lv-gras, Tiburcio and Nobody
Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
Sounds horrifying

Reactions: RaptorHavx, Nobody and Tiburcio
RaptorHavx

RaptorHavx

Drowning in loneliness...
Aug 15, 2018
Guys, thats not a good way to go. I know electrical stuff quite well, and running 230v 50hz through body would make you rapidly convulse in hell of a pain. It takes a while to kill you this way and you would rather boil from inside due to heat of current flow. Better hit HV lane and get turned into carbon in less than second.

Reactions: lv-gras, TinTabby, anna and 2 others
RaptorHavx

RaptorHavx

Drowning in loneliness...
Aug 15, 2018
Wow, if even you think it's bad better to not try it!
Try 60V, won't kill, but will give you idea how bad it is. Burn your skin, heat blood in veins and jerk every your muscle.

Reactions: anna and Tiburcio
TinTabby

TinTabby

Aug 5, 2018
https://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~p616/safety/fatal_current.html

I researched this method a while ago and decided against it. You have to find and apply the correct current, which involves a huge amount of randomness/variability, and it seems very, very painful if you aren't knocked out. Your flesh cooks while you're still alive before your heart stops, so you might as well set yourself on fire with gasoline and jump off a cliff and save yourself the preparation.

There also seems to be quite a bit of protection on things to prevent you from accidentally electrocuting yourself, and it seems like most of the deaths with electronic appliances and bathtubs are freak accidents.

Overall, there's just too much work for this to be a viable method unless you are somebody that works with dangerous high-voltage electronics on a regular basis.

I could be wrong about these things though, I'm definitely not somebody that knows much about how electricity works.

Reactions: End Piece and Tiburcio