S

sweet_oblivion

Apr 18, 2022
I know this isn't a common method but since I have severe allergies I have considered just doing this as resources are easily available. Would almost definitely do it at night, and hopefully be gone by the next morning. For severe allergies death could be anywhere from 5-30 mins but unconsciousness would come first so it's a fairly quick way to go out. I could take a few sleeping pills to try and take away any panic but I'm not sure how effective that would be and I don't have access to much else. Another thing I've been thinking of is that my death would probably be ruled as accidental unless I left a note. Not sure if this is a good thing but sometimes I think it is because at least my family will think that I wanted to live.
Again I know not many people will know a great deal about anaphylaxis but does anyone have any thoughts on how this would go? Or to whether it would be best to leave a note or let it be ruled accidental?

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
thedaywillcome

thedaywillcome

I will leave soon
Apr 2, 2022
Please no. Dont make it even more complex.

Tarantula Girl

Tarantula Girl

Don't Fear the Reaper
Dec 10, 2021
I couldn't do it. I have that reaction to tree nuts(pecans, almonds, etc) and it would be a horrible way to go. My dying moments would be in pure agony from the severe itching, swelling, and suffocating.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34 and Red Scare
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
I've got allergies and have have strong, drawn-out [a week+] reactions and I gotta say, anaphylaxis does not sound pleasant.

Reactions: Huntfish34 and Red Scare
D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
I cannot imagine going out this way. Tongue swelling, throat coosing, itching. Just seems really unpleasant

A

archipelago

Student
Jun 27, 2021
I've thought of this too tbh. Seems easier than all the prep required for other methods. But I agree with others it can't be pleasant

S

sweet_oblivion

Apr 18, 2022
Yeah it probably wouldn't be the best or least painless way to go out but I feel like it would have a higher success rate than a lot of other low-resource methods. Definitely better than bleeding out which just seems like it would end up being an epic flop and honestly I feel like I don't have the guts to try hanging (have looked into both partial and full but neither sounds great).
At this point I'm out of options so when the time comes I might just go for it.

A

archipelago

Student
Jun 27, 2021
Yeah it probably wouldn't be the best or least painless way to go out but I feel like it would have a higher success rate than a lot of other low-resource methods. Definitely better than bleeding out which just seems like it would end up being an epic flop and honestly I feel like I don't have the guts to try hanging (have looked into both partial and full but neither sounds great).
At this point I'm out of options so when the time comes I might just go for it.
That and there's something easier about 'eat this food and it can kill you' vs 'drink this medication or poison and it can kill you' that can get one over the final mental hurdle. At least that's how I see it. I could eat something I used to really like and die.

Reactions: sweet_oblivion