• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
Good afternoon to all,

Posting because similar threads couldn't answer my questions.

I am aware most of you are making their plans in their home country. Still, to those planning to go abroad, for watever reason and those who have maybe had a family, relative or friend die and be expatriated from another country, I want to ask, is transfer of the dead body mandatory?

I did look up on my ministry of foreign affairs' page and on those from other countries, but I don't see laws that make it mandatory. Information simply states they can assist the deceased's family with the process.

This makes my situation kind of a problem, as I'm sure if my family learned I died abroad, they would absolutely without question bring me back, but I as all of you don't want to be found and to put an impossible financial burden on them. I am from a poor eastern EU country.

If I post a death note saying due to this financial reason my wish is not to be moved, what is next? Will my body be simply burned as I myself prefer?

• Aww..
Reactions: freedomcalls
L

lebrodude

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2022
In my university days I had a friend who was involved in an accident and he sadly passed away.
He was from the United States, he was cremated here, (UK) and his family took his ashes home with them.

could this be an option for you ?

F

freedomcalls

Student
Nov 9, 2022
I think that if your body is found and identified, they will certainly try to contact your next of kin as to what to do with your remains

If you are absolutely certain you do not want this, then I'd go to lengths to ensure your identity is unknown / obscured

That is 100% your right; and understandable if your family situation has been traumatic or harmful to you

If however you are doing it to spare them pain or similar, please consider that it is a horribly traumatic time for a family to have someone they care about go missing. I've been close to that scenario and the pain endured in that family was unimaginable. I can't imagine how they'd have moved on with their lives without eventually knowing if their family member was dead or alive