• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

angele

angele

gay trans man (he/him)
Nov 20, 2019
Good luck to all of you having to face your friends or families soon. Good luck to those of you who have to deal with being alone for the holiday season. Good luck to anyone in between.

Personally, I'm using Thanksgiving as a final test to see if I can keep trying this "life" thing. I'm gonna do my best to stay positive and enjoy myself, but if it doesn't work, I'm outta here.

My heart is with you all :heart:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: azucaramargo, 837, Dawgmom and 5 others
GreyMagic

GreyMagic

The more you care, the more you have to lose.
Feb 21, 2019
Bless you. Thank you for being so considerate of other users. Your message made me smile a bit.

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in my country. But I hope you can at least enjoy it a bit.

• Love
Reactions: azucaramargo, angele and forever21
Woodnote

Woodnote

Goodbye
Oct 23, 2019
Good luck to you too and to everyone here. I'm not looking forward to the holidays. I'll be alone but at least I'll have my dogs by my side. They'll help me get through it. They make me smile even on my worst days. :heart:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: azucaramargo, angele, forever21 and 1 other person
Dawgmom

Dawgmom

Oct 23, 2019
Good luck to you too and to everyone here. I'm not looking forward to the holidays. I'll be alone but at least I'll have my dogs by my side. They'll help me get through it. They make me smile even on my worst days. :heart:
Me too! It's always just me and my dogs. I don't have any family nearby and don't go to anyone else's for the holidays. I don't have any friends and the ones I used to got offended when I declined their offers. I like being alone and the thing I hate about the holidays the most is all the crowds and difficulty buying the simplest things because of empty shelves.

I can't eat a whole turkey so I have a small chicken I'll roast tomorrow. I'll make all the usual - sweet potatoes, stuffing, cramberries, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, and crescent rolls (did I make you hungry?). Then, after I eat, I'll walk the dogs and come home and watch videos, play computer games, or do some work online. And, I'll have leftovers for days!

This doesn't mean I won't be lonely, but, I will feel safe. No yelling or screaming kids. I can totally do what I want and enjoy.

However, I'm sorry for anyone who enjoys company. I don't so it's probably easier for me. The only thing I can say otherwise is to try and find something you like to do by yourself. Take a drive, play a game, make a craft, volunteer at a homeless shelter. It took me a while to be comfortable being alone but now I wouldn't have it any other way.

Take care, all.

• Hugs
Reactions: angele, forever21 and Woodnote
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Thanks, I dread the holidays. Should've been dead already
Peace/hugs

• Hugs
Reactions: angele, ninthhokage, forever21 and 1 other person
noctiva

noctiva

the invisible girl
Nov 6, 2019
Thanks, I dread the holidays. Should've been dead already
Peace/hugs
Same here @Nem. I am still waiting for a while due to new developments, but I'm unsure about Christmas and New Years alone. I love your avatar btw, the cute doggy always makes me smile. <3

• Hugs
Reactions: Nem and angele
angele

angele

gay trans man (he/him)
Nov 20, 2019
Me too! It's always just me and my dogs. I don't have any family nearby and don't go to anyone else's for the holidays. I don't have any friends and the ones I used to got offended when I declined their offers. I like being alone and the thing I hate about the holidays the most is all the crowds and difficulty buying the simplest things because of empty shelves.

I can't eat a whole turkey so I have a small chicken I'll roast tomorrow. I'll make all the usual - sweet potatoes, stuffing, cramberries, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, and crescent rolls (did I make you hungry?). Then, after I eat, I'll walk the dogs and come home and watch videos, play computer games, or do some work online. And, I'll have leftovers for days!

This doesn't mean I won't be lonely, but, I will feel safe. No yelling or screaming kids. I can totally do what I want and enjoy.

However, I'm sorry for anyone who enjoys company. I don't so it's probably easier for me. The only thing I can say otherwise is to try and find something you like to do by yourself. Take a drive, play a game, make a craft, volunteer at a homeless shelter. It took me a while to be comfortable being alone but now I wouldn't have it any other way.

Take care, all.
This was so sweet, I wish I could have a simple celebration like yours. Mine will be total chaos, hundreds of people at a family gathering. I'm very jealous lol

Dawgmom

Dawgmom

Oct 23, 2019
This was so sweet, I wish I could have a simple celebration like yours. Mine will be total chaos, hundreds of people at a family gathering. I'm very jealous lol
@angele: It has taken me some time to have this kind of peace. When I was young (I'm mid-50s now) I would attend family gatherings long enough to eat and for as long as I could manage my anxiety. Then, I would slip away and drive around town - usually smoking weed and listening to the car stereo. When I got older and moved out of my parents house I still continued this routine until I was able to move far away.

So, I'm not sure what your situation is but, as I said, it's taken me some time to make this solitude. I've cut out all the drama and things that bring out my own - which means losing a lot of friends - but it's been worth it to me.

And, I have a friend who is trans and so I do understand how tough that is on so many levels. I hope the people you'll be around will be kind and respectful. But, if not, I hope you can find a way or reason to slip away and have some peace.

Reactions: angele