symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
I've googled this but found nothing extraordinarily helpful. I'm hoping someone here might have some advice from personal experience.

I'm a cutter. For a while I was cutting very regularly, then was clean, then relapsed earlier this year. I generally have good first-aid practices and nothing's getting infected, they just itch like Satan incarnate when they heal. Thing is, I don't remember them itching like this when I was cutting the first time around.

Anyways, I haven't found anything that significantly helps so if any of y'all have tips, I'm all ears. Thanks.

• Hugs
Reactions: myopybyproxy, Manaaja and waitingforrest
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
Ahhhhhh the itchhhy

Some people recommend tapping the scars rather than scratching it. Some try soaking it in warm water or some use ice to numb the area. Vaseline or moisturizer can help. There is also anti-itching creams made for scars.

Or you can just be like me and scratch them anyways lol. I can't resist the itch.

• Hugs
Reactions: UnravelingWinter, Manaaja and symphony
M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
cut more to distract yourself (just kidding, don't be like me)

cold showers - start at a comfortable temperature and gradually decrease it unless you have the mental fortitude to immediately step under a freezing barrage

drugs - but opioids etc make itching worse so avoid them, i prefer things like dissociatives (ketamine, dextromethorphan), cannabis is hit or miss at this point with mental effects, but for body aches / discomfort it's good

uhhhhhh distract yourself somehow with other things like food ?? (also don't be like me - i'm getting fatter at a depressing rate which makes me want to cut more because i hate myself and it's a way of controlling my body)

creams applied with 'pressure' - ie cheating and itching with knuckles but better than nails as does not break the skin

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja and symphony