d3c4y

d3c4y

renzzo
Sep 22, 2023
i own multiple pets, but I let one die. None of them were supposed to die before me but here I am holding the dead body of my pet tarantula. She was the one I spoiled the most because I felt so bad for her, no one could see her beauty and people would turn their heads away in disgust. I know her living conditions were perfect for her, i made sure every day.. I miss her so much but she's still here.. next to me yet her limp body doesn't bring me any closure.. I wonder if she felt like I didn't love her or if being in a cage was too cruel of a life to live, I did everything I could to make her eat but she rather starve and pass on.

This feels so unfair, this was supposed to be me, not her. I feel like such a fuck up and I hate that I envy her being the one that's dead right now. I know I'm probably overreacting because im "too old" to be crying over a dead spider but my pets are literally all I have. I cut off all my friends and majority of my family..

I don't even know what to do with her body, I don't want to get rid of it but I know I have to sometime soon so she no longer has to be in her cage.. I'm happy she found the peace and freedom from this cruel life, I just miss her dearly

Please just ignore all the mistakes, all this just happened so I'm still processing everything and so on

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: kitty_kat, pole, Obliviate and 14 others
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
any pet we care about is a tragedy to lose, the kingdom, genus and species are all trivial to the bond. tarantulas are cool as hell and make great pets for those that see their beauty đź–¤ you sound like an amazing person for being able to dedicate time and thought to something most would call repulsive

• Love
Reactions: kitty_kat, Skathon, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person
T

ThisUnrest

Seeking personal sovereignty
Aug 15, 2023
Im so sorry about your beautiful tarantula. Of course you are upset. You loved her so much! Sometimes pets just die and we dont know why, even if you do your best to take care of them. You could wrap her in a shirt or blanket until you decide what feels right for her final resting place. Would you want to bury her outside? Please dont make yourself feel like shouldnt mourn her loss, she was very special to you. I hope your other pets can give you some comfort.

• Love
Reactions: kitty_kat, MelancholyGirl, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person
Miss Anthropy

Miss Anthropy

....and the sky turned black
Dec 28, 2022
I am so sorry for your loss, i relate. I lost my doggie 3 May 28th's ago and it still hurts. I wish there were some magical words to say to help you feel better but theres simply none. The only thing that brings me comfort is knowing that soon ill go to where ever he went when he died. Hopefully its the peaceful eternity of nothingness and we will share that forever. đź–¤

• Love
Reactions: d3c4y
W

wheretfami

Oct 2, 2023
I like that you see beauty in things other people leave behind. You sound like you have a lot of love. I'm sorry for your loss, b

• Love
K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
I think tarantulas are a cool thing to own as long as the habitat suits them & not the owner. Lose the envy & be glad you enjoyed being close to an animal.

not_telling

not_telling

Scared
Sep 9, 2023
Losing someone will always be this awful, horrific thing, and really, pets hurt just the same when you care enough. I'm sorry for your loss. I really hope she found peace someway, and that you can find some too, be it in living or in death. You still have more pets who love and care about you, and the memory of your tarantula should forever be subject to your love.

• Love
limerent

limerent

Jun 28, 2023
you're never too old to cry over a loved one, your feelings matter and you should embrace them fully. if your bond with your tarantula is equal to that of a human bond or even more then never let anybody tell you otherwise. I know some people can't comprehend these kinds of bonds but they're just wrong. make sure to take your time processing it and know that the idea of giving her a graceful burial would soothe the pain of being apart a little knowing she deserves it.

• Love
Reactions: kitty_kat and d3c4y
Kempel556

Kempel556

Luce sicut stellae
Sep 26, 2023
Its so sad when our pets die, a couple of years ago one of my dogs died and I felt so much pain, I remeber seeing him in the vet and petting his dead body for the last time before he was cremated

• Love
mazzy

mazzy

Evil cannot be undone
Jun 30, 2023
Holy shit this is kinda deja vu, but my curly hair tarantula died too just a few days ago…and I cried like a little bitch man and I'm not over it. Her little body is still her enclosure because I can't even look at her. It's okay to mourn and it really fucking sucks but sometime arachnids just die from things we physically cannot fix. Sending lots of love your way <3

• Love
T

ThisUnrest

Seeking personal sovereignty
Aug 15, 2023
@d3c4y Just thinking you. Hope youre doing okay.

• Hugs
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
feel like i'm walking a fine line lately. so you have these pets but you want to go first?

d3c4y

d3c4y

renzzo
Sep 22, 2023
feel like i'm walking a fine line lately. so you have these pets but you want to go first?
yes, these pets have been in my care for years now and I do truly care for them the best I can but they can live their best life with the new owners I have assigned to them (the new owners have consented to taking them) for when I'm gone. It's also a plus that I will no longer have to deal with the passing of another pet.

• Hugs
Reactions: pole
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
apologies. i didn't know you had made arrangements. if it makes you feel better, i haven't been able to kill the spider that lives by my sink. kiils gnats better than i ever could.

• Love
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
i'm sorry about the loss of your pet tarantula.

no, you're not overreacting. you aren't "too old". that isn't fair. what you're feeling, emotions like the hurt, grief, pain, and sadness, they're real and justified.

animals have filled an empty void inside of me that human beings had left. they are all I have in this world. whether they're small or large, they should all be treated equally.

i find the care and love that people like you have for animals to be a beautiful thing. it is a level of empathy towards innocent beings that is overlooked and can be hard to find amongst most people.

zero reason to apologize. i believe in her own way, she felt the love you had for her. you provided her with better care and a life that is hard to come by for exotic animals. you did a great job and i believe she felt it in some way before crossing the rainbow bridge.

i hope you feel better.

• Love