Sockeye Salmon

Sockeye Salmon

Student
Mar 28, 2018
I daydream a lot to cope with just how terrible this life is. I just daydream about happy things, being in love, and all the things that are simply impossible to happen. I've built up worlds in my head that are better than the one I'm living in right now and I just want to live in the one I've built. I've already made a thread some time ago about my maladaptive daydreaming and what triggers it, what I dream about, and stuff.

But something else that I've thought about is what happens in the afterlife. I've held on to this belief, or at least I really wish, that once I die, there might be a chance that the afterlife is simply just an endless lucid dream, where I can be free to create and do anything I want. I can create whatever scenario I wish to live in, my daydreams, everything. I can live out the happy childhood that I've never had, live a happy life in a happy place that I've always dreamed of, beat the fuck out of bullies that tormented me, relive an idealized version of my life, keep eating food I love, and be together with the ones I love. I can freely do and create what I want and no one is getting hurt since it's all in my head, and are just a figment of my imagination. I can't stop thinking and being so sure that this is what comes next, even if it's not and is somewhat far fetched. But then again, don't we all deserve to be happy and live our dreams, even if it's only in the afterlife that we made up?

I'm sure many would say that they'd just rather have the afterlife be non-existent, like just a black void where you feel nothing, and while I'm okay with that too, I just wish...

Just wondering if someone shares the same thoughts.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: StolenLife, LivideLamb, mateodolores and 17 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
From what I have heard from ndes (near death experiences) some of this may happen, but some things probably not. Eating food is not likely to happen since we don't have a physical body that needs nourishment, and least based on most ndes. I have also never heard of getting revenge as poart of the afterlife, though I definitely understand this desire well. Theree is a feeling of being loved there if things go well, many say it is stronger than any feeling of love here. As far as luci9d dreams and being able to create things there, this is not typical of most ndes but I may have heard of one that was something like this, not sure. Like many here I just wish I had lived a full life here and then I would feel more at peace about moving on.

Reactions: LivideLamb, mateodolores and makethepainstop
Sockeye Salmon

Sockeye Salmon

Student
Mar 28, 2018
From what I have heard from ndes (near death experiences) some of this may happen, but some things probably not. Eating food is not likely to happen since we don't have a physical body that needs nourishment, and least based on most ndes. I have also never heard of getting revenge as poart of the afterlife, though I definitely understand this desire well. Theree is a feeling of being loved there if things go well, many say it is stronger than any feeling of love here. As far as luci9d dreams and being able to create things there, this is not typical of most ndes but I may have heard of one that was something like this, not sure. Like many here I just wish I had lived a full life here and then I would feel more at peace about moving on.
Well then I hope it's something else. I was thinking more about being like a god of our own world in the afterlife. Eating good food not to keep my body going, but simply for pleasure. Exacting revenge on those who wronged me for closure and a bit of amusement. (I've always had daydreams about bullies humiliating themselves in school), live experiences I've never and can no longer have (like a happy and fun school life) and most strongly, being with people who I love who are no longer in my life. It is clear to me that this life isn't fulfilling and some things I can no longer go back to and fulfill.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LivideLamb, Per Ardua Ad Astra and makethepainstop
Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
Like in Inception where he creates his happy world with his wife. Or like peaceful mode in Minecraft, where you could create your own little realm and spawn whatever items you wanted.

I would spawn in a lot of cute animals and beautiful architecture. Lots of hot springs too, where I can adjust the temperature of the water and relax in the pools. It would be nice, but if there is a higher power, they aren't under any obligation to give us a New Game+ option. Our souls feel like they might be able to exist outside of our body though (I could be wrong). Mainly I just want a feeling of everlasting peace and contentment, I would trade in reality-crafting if my soul was in a perpetual state of calm and love.

• Hugs
Reactions: mateodolores, Per Ardua Ad Astra, makethepainstop and 4 others
Sockeye Salmon

Sockeye Salmon

Student
Mar 28, 2018
Like in Inception where he creates his happy world with his wife. Or like peaceful mode in Minecraft, where you could create your own little realm and spawn whatever items you wanted.

I would spawn in a lot of cute animals and beautiful architecture. Lots of hot springs too, where I can adjust the temperature of the water and relax in the pools. It would be nice, but if there is a higher power, they aren't under any obligation to give us a New Game+ option. Our souls feel like they might be able to exist outside of our body though (I could be wrong). Mainly I just want a feeling of everlasting peace and contentment, I would trade in reality-crafting if my soul was in a perpetual state of calm and love.
That sounds nice. I would create hot springs (since I've never been in one) and interesting architectures that showed up in my dreams too and explore. Dogs to play and cuddle with as well. Or create fictional people to be with.

I want a feeling of peace, too. Too bad my soul isn't in a state of calm and love nor will it ever realistically
be.

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
I daydream a lot too. I'll even have narration and create bizarre aesthetic worlds in my mind with strange logic to go by. Sometimes I'll have conversations inside my mind with the characters I fabricate. Whenever I'm not doing anything at all, I can get lost in the reveries for hours without end. I'll integrate new experiences and learning into the the dreams too. It can get draining a lot. I like having animals as characters a lot also.

It would be interesting if this is what we get when we cross the bright white light at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited:
Reactions: LivideLamb, makethepainstop, Arvinneedstodie and 1 other person
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I do it too, I think about what my life would be healthy, feeling more free and more excited about everyday things, maybe having a family and feel content.

My life on this earth is meaningless and I am more interested in the afterlife than this, I will just try to entertain myself until I can leave.

• Hugs
Reactions: mateodolores, Per Ardua Ad Astra, makethepainstop and 4 others
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
I daydream a lot to cope with just how terrible this life is. I just daydream about happy things, being in love, and all the things that are simply impossible to happen. I've built up worlds in my head that are better than the one I'm living in right now and I just want to live in the one I've built. I've already made a thread some time ago about my maladaptive daydreaming and what triggers it, what I dream about, and stuff.

But something else that I've thought about is what happens in the afterlife. I've held on to this belief, or at least I really wish, that once I die, there might be a chance that the afterlife is simply just an endless lucid dream, where I can be free to create and do anything I want. I can create whatever scenario I wish to live in, my daydreams, everything. I can live out the happy childhood that I've never had, live a happy life in a happy place that I've always dreamed of, beat the fuck out of bullies that tormented me, relive an idealized version of my life, keep eating food I love, and be together with the ones I love. I can freely do and create what I want and no one is getting hurt since it's all in my head, and are just a figment of my imagination. I can't stop thinking and being so sure that this is what comes next, even if it's not and is somewhat far fetched. But then again, don't we all deserve to be happy and live our dreams, even if it's only in the afterlife that we made up?

I'm sure many would say that they'd just rather have the afterlife be non-existent, like just a black void where you feel nothing, and while I'm okay with that too, I just wish...

I actually do, pretty much!

I have bipolar, and the manic episodes have demonstrated to me the amazing power of the human brain to generate whatever it wants.

I've said in other threads I would be up for a whole different kind of existence in a different type of body, as some kind of omnipotent and omniscient god. Sound a bit, uh, narcissistic, egotistical? You could say so but I won't be me anymore, this identity will die with me. Maybe we're all gods. Maybe this human business is an experiment gone awry coz we didn't read the small print before signing the contract. You can say this is super weird and fanciful, but I don't think it's any more so than life on this planet.

It could in my opinion be way more fun than eternal nothingness. Each to their own. But why assume we go to nothing. Believing in the afterlife of your choice could afford you some comfort at least while waiting to die or ctb. If it turns out all there is is complete oblivion there is no longer a you to regret it or feel disappointed. It's a win win!

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Zegers and Sockeye Salmon
Sockeye Salmon

Sockeye Salmon

Student
Mar 28, 2018
I admit that my concept of the afterlife is based more on fantasy, with my soul leaving my body into afterlife of my own rather than something plausible, but a man can wish..

• Hugs
Reactions: LivideLamb and Per Ardua Ad Astra
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i want a computer with infinite computional power at my finger tips instead of these crappy toys we call computers we can dream right?

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
Sockeye Salmon

Sockeye Salmon

Student
Mar 28, 2018
i want a computer with infinite computional power at my finger tips instead of these crappy toys we call computers we can dream right?
Playing dream games that doesn't exist, yeah. I've dreamt of it too

D

Deleted member 847

The universe doesn't care about your desires
Pleasure is just a reward mechanism in your brain, that rewards you for solving problems related to your survival

You'd be a lazy and unproductive animal if you were happy all the time
Nature doesn't "want" that
It "wants" you to survive and reproduce
Survival doesn't happen without work, and pain is what motivates you to work

If there's an afterlife the afterlife isn't going to care about your desires either

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Trezzohno
P

Portor25

Jul 9, 2022
I have watched a lot of NDE and I hope there is a after life all I want is to be with my wife again. Being with out her is eating me up in side

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mayonaise, Per Ardua Ad Astra, makethepainstop and 2 others
D

Deleted member 847

I have watched a lot of NDE and I hope there is a after life all I want is to be with my wife again. Being with out her is eating me up in side
I hate to break it to you but NDEs are probably just hallucinations of a dying brain
sorry for your loss (I know how it feels, I've been there)
The feeling will dissipate over time.

• Love
Reactions: Mary5689
P

Portor25

Jul 9, 2022
I hate to break it to you but NDEs are probably just hallucinations of a dying brain
sorry for your loss (I know how it feels, I've been there)
The feeling will dissipate over time.
I was thinking the same thing but of all the nde how can they all have the same thing like the feeling of pure love and leaving all anger and stuff behind ?

If everyone brain is different and have different beliefs and stuff people see different things in there NDE but the feeling of love and stuff is all the same.

I am still 50/50 on the after life.

When wife passed I went to a medium even tho I was not 100% convinced. But he did get me thinking he knew stuff that is private between me and my wife also stuff I had done like for example I cut my hair of and put some of it in my wife hand so a part of me was with her also I was planning on having a tattoo he knew about that I had not had it done or told anyone.

This guy is spoke to has never met me or my wife or knew anything about us. I did not even give him my full name so there no way he could of google me.

I don't know if there is or is not I just got to live for now with some hope I will see my wife again. Even if there not an afterlife one way or the other the pain stops

• Love
Reactions: Mayonaise, mateodolores, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 1 other person
Z

Zerengin96

Student
Jun 14, 2022
I think its a possibility that ones afterlife is like one big daydream. I think the "thing in it self" our consciousness continues on after we die, outside of the universe and matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: mateodolores and Shu
lights_are_on

lights_are_on

unfortunately
Apr 9, 2022

I think exactly the same thing and also am a maladaptive daydreamer. it's such a good coping mechanism.

D

Deleted member 847

I think its a possibility that ones afterlife is like one big daydream. I think the "thing in it self" our consciousness continues on after we die, outside of the universe and matter.
How do you think your consciousness would function if it didn't have a brain?
Let me give you an example:
If you're born a male, and you have a male brain, you'll like women instead of men,
the opposite will happen if you have a female brain
If you have Einstein's brain, you'll have a very IQ and be very talented at math and science
If you have my brain, you'll have a stammer
If you have the brain of a dog, you'll feel what a dog feels, and see the world the way a dog sees it,

So would a consciousness without a brain be limitless then (infinite intelligence without restraints) or would it
still have limits, and what would these limits be if it had any? Would you just
be the same as you were one second before dying for eternity?
If I have Alzheimer's disease and I die, do I wake up as
an immaterial consciousness with Alzheimer's then?

Sockeye Salmon

Sockeye Salmon

Student
Mar 28, 2018
We already know that this desire is unrealistic, but still..

• Love
Reactions: lights_are_on
lights_are_on

lights_are_on

unfortunately
Apr 9, 2022
The way I think about it, it doesn't really matter does it? If we are right or wrong I mean, realistic or unrealistic. If you and I are wrong and there is nothing.. Well, we won't comprehend that nothing, won't exist and will never be disappointed, so it doesn't matter. Might as well have a bit of hope… It helps me grind my teeth and live another day until I ctb, at least. This unrealistic desire is useful and that's why I like to keep it, it's the only thing that makes me happy really. Don't be down, op. No one knows what's there anyway

Reactions: Sockeye Salmon
D

Deleted member 847

Yeah I know the feeling. I had this fanatsy too.
You want to experience all the flavors life has to offer, and live forever, be infinite. You don't want to just die and miss all the pleasurable experiences you could have had if only you were luckier in your life. I get it.

I'm actually practicing inducing lucid dreams/oobes from a meditative state, precisely because I know this life is all I have, all I am and will ever be, and I want to get to know my subconscious mind, learn what I am, dissect myself, before my mind is eternally destroyed. I don't know the limits of lucid dreaming/vivid visualization, but since I want things that I'm not gonna have in real life, and I'm sure as hell there won't be a next one that will care about me, mastering how to create sensations on my own, without the need of the external world, seems to be the best way to go about it.

A lucid dream will never be a replacement for being god of your afterlife world, or being rich and lucky in real life, but it's the closest thing we have to that. It's such a cruel joke that potentially infinite consciousness has to have limits, a finite lifespan and a finite set of pleasurable experiences it can live, being reduced by the hardware of our organic limited decaying human brain.
Just think about your dogs, if you have any, and how different their lives would have been if they were people, if they had brains like ours. Many dogs in the world will die without ever knowing how a coca cola tastes like and that's just sad.

But I think reality/nature is indifferent to our wishes, our need to be comfortable and complete, otherwise we wouldn't see so much suffering happening to entities all around us (animals and people) that have done absolutely nothing to deserve it.

• Informative
Reactions: Julgran
D

Darksektori

Experienced
Jun 8, 2020
You're not far off the mark, the afterlife is determined by the individual's beliefs.
Ever herd of the Bhagavad Gita?
Krishna says
"Those who remember me at the time of death will come to me. Do not doubt this. Whatever occupies the mind at the time of death determines the destination of the dying; always they will tend toward that state of being"

This type of afterlife is also mentioned in the Tibetan Book of the Dead

I'll also assure you that your consciousness is eternal, meaning it will never cease.
Let's begin with the following quote because this is what I believe in.

"Everything is energy and that's all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics."
-Albert Einstein

Everything is the key word here your consciousness is pure energy plain and simple.
The 1st law of Thermodynamics states Energy can "never be destroyed" by any means. Yes im familiar with Entropy but that only applies to a enclosed system, since the universe is infinite so is the Entropy.

Now in terms of the afterlife ill agree and say that its existence cannot be proven because it exists in another dimension, meaning it's beyond Scientific understanding, we've only confirmed the existence of 3 dimensions (length, width and height) there's way more than that. This also supports how you control what your eternity will be. There are at least 10 dimensions since everyone knows those already ill describe the other 7

Time is the 4th dimension

The Probability of other Universes existing is the 5th dimension

All possible Universes branch out from the same starting point. For example if our universe came from the big bang then all other universes were created under the same conditions.This is the 6th dimension.

All possible spectrums of Universes with different start conditions is the 7th dimension. Meaning there's a universe where Gravity repells instead of attracts, a Universe where fire is cold instead of hot, a Universe where Magic is real, a Universe where light speed is faster and a Universe where its slower. Basically every Universe will have different sets of limitations, the Laws of Physics could be completely different in one Universe and a Universe that could have no laws or restrictions whatsoever.

A plane where all possible Universes have different start conditions is the 8th dimension

Direct movement from one multiverse to another non-adjacent multiverse with different start conditions is the 9th dimension.

Infinite Possibilities is the 10th dimension

The 10th dimension is the key one to look at, and its mathematically possible as well. In fact I'm convinced that the creators of this universe using Mathematics as the fundamental blueprint

"Mathematics is the language with which God has written the universe"
-Galileo Galilei
God is a generalized term here but if this universe is of intelligent design then it wasn't created by a single higher power or God.

So the afterlife is different for everyone
-If you're a Christian then you go to heaven
-If you believe in the Nordic Gods then Valhalla awaits you,
-If you believe the "force" is real and want to be a jedi, then why not, what do think we have an imagination for.
-If you believe in nothing then you get nothing

This explains why recorded accounts of people whove had NDEs differ from each other because everyone has different beliefs.
This is a long response so I apologize before hand, there's just al lot I have to say about this topic.
The biggest fear people have about death is Oblivion or non-existence, which is one of the stupidest default assumptions in the existence of stupidest default assumptions.

How can you prove non-existentse exists?

Our brain doesn't create Conciousness it recives it, the brain is simply a tool that our Consciousness uses to interact with the physical world/dimension we are currently in.
Its not destroyed and it doesn't disappear upon death, because consciousness is un-observable obviously
How does something that un-observable disappear?

Oblivion dosen't exist, Physics has told Oblivion to basically go f_ck itself. Plus if it truly did there would be no discussions about it because you would have no awareness therefore there's simply no way to verify it and yet people who support this absurdity talk about Oblivion as if they were there themselves, which isn't possible, its a nonsenical irrelevant pressumption that buries itself in its own hypocrisy.

So yeah the only Oblivion that exists came out in 2006 for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

So relax not only is there an afterlife its whatever you want it to be.

If this whole thing seems totally off the wall or absurd ask yourself, is it any more absurd saying the universe big banged itself into existence from absolute Nothingness? Because the only thing Nothingness can create is more Nothingness.
Or that a single God existed in this Nothingness or wherever before hitting the "create something" button?
If everything was an accidental occurrence look at the world we live in, all the people who've lived and died here, that's alot of random accidents happening in one place.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mayonaise, crimsonpool, Lost in a Dream and 2 others
D

Darksektori

Experienced
Jun 8, 2020
Kind of, just remember, the afterlife exists in a dimension outside the boundaries and limitations of Science, and "limitations" is a gross understatement. It's better that way to be honest otherwise it turns suicide into an essential "easy/reset button". Your consciousness is eternal and the laws of physics have proven this, our Consciousness is pure energy and the first law of Thermodynamics states Energy can never be destroyed by any means it can only rearrange itself into different Quantum states of entanglement which i believe varies depending on the dimension you're in. In the afterlife the only limits that exist are those of your own imagination, dreams and creativity, which is precisely one of the reasons they exist to begin with. The bright light people claim to see in NDE's is simply a beacon of sorts to help guide spirits to the dimension that's the spirit world, and from there the possibilities are truly endless.
I have watched a lot of NDE and I hope there is a after life all I want is to be with my wife again. Being with out her is eating me up in sideplease rest assured

I actually do, pretty much!

I have bipolar, and the manic episodes have demonstrated to me the amazing power of the human brain to generate whatever it wants.

I've said in other threads I would be up for a whole different kind of existence in a different type of body, as some kind of omnipotent and omniscient god. Sound a bit, uh, narcissistic, egotistical? You could say so but I won't be me anymore, this identity will die with me. Maybe we're all gods. Maybe this human business is an experiment gone awry coz we didn't read the small print before signing the contract. You can say this is super weird and fanciful, but I don't think it's any more so than life on this planet.

It could in my opinion be way more fun than eternal nothingness. Each to their own. But why assume we go to nothing. Believing in the afterlife of your choice could afford you some comfort at least while waiting to die or ctb. If it turns out all there is is complete oblivion there is no longer a you to regret it or feel disappointed. It's a win win!
There's no such thing as Oblivion, its impossible to prove that non-existence exists, to say that implies that the universe is completely meaningless by all means, and is such a default answer its like when you can't solve a particular math problem so instead you just write down zero, which is basically saying they they gave up looking for actual answers and instead "occum's razored" everything to death. The Theory Of Oblivion buries itself under its own hypocrisy, at least the existence of an afterlife is still possibly testable, whereas Oblivion isn't. You wouldn't be able to experience Nothingness, nor verify that it's even possible or be able to describe it, parallel universes have a higher probability of existing then Oblivion, hell you have a better chance of proving that alchemy is real or that the universe is of intelligent design (which i believe it to be).

Your brain doesn't create Consciousness, it recives it. To say Consciousness dissappears upon death is truly an absurdity, considering Consciousness isn't something you can observe, I'm really curious to know how something un-observable can dissappear?
You see what happens when you die and that silver cord disconnects your consciousness/spirit from your body is up to you and what you believe in. For example

If you're a Christian then you go to heaven
If you believe in the Nordic Gods then Valhalla awaits you, or those with other religious beliefs go to whatever afterlife they believe in,
and those who believe in nothing will get nothing.

This explains why recorded accounts of people whove had NDEs differ from each other because everyone has different beliefs which will determine their own journey, and thus everyone's journey is going to be different. In any case at the end of the day it all boils down to fact that we all have power and control over our own destiny whichever we choose.

Last edited:
Reactions: knightxenon
D

Darksektori

Experienced
Jun 8, 2020
You will be with her again if that's what you want. Don't be discouraged by nonsenical claims about Nothingness/Oblivion unless an eternity in the void is something you actually want. Love is a bond which can never be broken. I understand you missing her but its only temporary, live your life the best you can and when you're time arrives to depart this physical dimension and I have all the confidence that you will be reunited with your wife one day.

Last edited:
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Uh, yeah I do something similar. I dream of my next life when (If God is merciful to me), I will have a bad-ass dad who loves me but will whomp me good when I get too rebellious as a teen. I dream of having platinum-blond hair, blue eyes, inordinate size, and strength.
I think about how I am going to terrorize the bullies who pick on others. But above all else I do not want to be a brute or a bully, I also want to be kind, but not so kind that I am a sucker.
So if daydreaming allows you some relief, why not enjoy it? Love to all here.

• Love
Reactions: Mayonaise
StrawberryBlonde

StrawberryBlonde

Dec 8, 2022
You can try yourself at Reality Shifting, there is a subreddit about transfering your consciousness from your reality to another, fictional or not. I tried it, it worked once.

Reactions: makethepainstop
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
You can try yourself at Reality Shifting, there is a subreddit about transfering your consciousness from your reality to another, fictional or not. I tried it, it worked once.
If I can figure out how that works....I damn well want to try it.

Reactions: StrawberryBlonde
mateodolores

mateodolores

walking corpse
Dec 5, 2022
I also believe that the afterlife is a giant, endless lucid dream where I can just create, enjoy, and do whatever. I'm strongly convinced that the afterlife is what we make of it and is tailored to us and our spiritual nature — the stronger your connection to the supernatural and the immaterial, the better.

Reactions: Sockeye Salmon
StrawberryBlonde

StrawberryBlonde

Dec 8, 2022
If I can figure out how that works....I damn well want to try it.
Good luck! There's plenty of guides on the internet, like Raven method etc. It's easier than you think!

Reactions: makethepainstop