T

TheLastStraw

May 10, 2018
I have an account on 5 of the biggest dating sites, "swiped right" on every single female in a 100 mile radius on all of them, 0 interested or responded to any of my messages

It's been this way for years

Suicide fuel

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: WonderingSoul, Hirokami, gottago222 and 9 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Sorry to hear that. I'm not on any. I see no point since I want to CTB anyway. If I were I'm sure I wouldn't have any more luck than you.

Reactions: WonderingSoul, Crazy4u, Psilo and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I concur with you and given my circumstances (not even physically attractive, especially in western society - Asian male), I wouldn't waste my time on dating apps, but that's just me. I also found it to be very troubling to land a 'date' and in the rare event that I do, it's just not worth the time, money, and emotional investment especially in today's world. Then to make matters worse, all it takes is one mistake or false accusation and suddenly, the man is in serious legal trouble, career and social reputation destroyed, and overall life just turned upside down.

• Love
Reactions: WonderingSoul, blueclover_., Ruffian and 2 others
Emptiness

Emptiness

Mar 26, 2019
I share opinion with thrw_a_way1221221. Generally speaking, dating apps are not conceived for long-term relationships (or, at least, they are not used for such purposes in practice), but rather for casual sex. Of course there may be exceptions, but definitely they are not the general rule. Therefore, pragmatically speaking, looks are the only important criterion for selection, since for a one-night affair this is the only factor that actually matters.

Unfortunately, this is how it works for the males of almost any mammal species: only the biologically fittest ones are entitled to reproduce, and thus have access to sex. And now this is again a reality in developed human societies as from 60's sexual revolution, where enforced monogamy was replaced by sexual debauchery, namely, a dominance of the natural selection. And, indeed, this is especially brutal for men, as the OP stated, as this implies that Pareto's law (also known as the 80/20 rule) takes effect and only few males mate with most females.

But this is not actually anything done on purpose nor there is no evil entity oppressing men. This is how nature works, plain and simple. And yes, nature laws suck, as life in general.

• Yay!
Reactions: gottago222 and Psilo
N

namelessX8

Student
Feb 22, 2019
I have an account on 5 of the biggest dating sites, "swiped right" on every single female in a 100 mile radius on all of them, 0 interested or responded to any of my messages

Suicide fuel
can you not try to do things to improve your chances? like getting yourself in better physical shape by going to the gym etc. I dunno. it's easier said that done. i have no motivation to drag myself to the gym these days :(

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018

Suicide fuel
Don't try to meet women that route. You have to meet the old fashioned ways, church, u can try meetups.com, or through friends. I don't really recommend the club because people go there just to hook up mainly. Plus for men it's harder unless you've been working at improving your status. Like if you aren't hitting the gym, and working on your own success which is the best route to go if u are young because men start out not established and not as attractive to women because of that.

Instead of chasing girls when young focus on making yourself become more of what women are looking for. Since women still want someone who can provide even though there's brainwashing to try to get us to think we can be independent of men it's not true. I mean we can stay single forever but often that's not by choice for most people. It's some combo of stuff. Sorry if this isn't really helpful. You might even have better odds at a NA meeting lol! I'm not kidding. Since men tend to gain value and status with age and can have kids at later ages it's better if u work on getting established instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: WonderingSoul, Ruffian and mattwitt
TheFinalCountdown

TheFinalCountdown

Student
Mar 25, 2019
Unless you meet very demanding criteria dating sites are a soul destroying waste of time.

Whenever I need a laugh I often look as some the data that is produced by these sites
Check out the difference between how woman are rated against how men are rated.

This data literally shows that 76% of men are considered below average in attractiveness and that only 7% are considered above average. If that doesn't show you how overinflated women's standards on these sites are I don't know what will

• Yay!
Reactions: gottago222, Motherfly, Redrock and 1 other person
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I have an account on 5 of the biggest dating sites, "swiped right" on every single female in a 100 mile radius on all of them, 0 interested or responded to any of my messages... It's been this way for years

Suicide fuel

Bro, can I ask...? Why, then, do dudes use those sites? I mean, nearly every single guy I know makes the same comments. It's obviously really bad for their self esteem and mental health. So why even play a game designed to make you feel like sh*t? (I'm not at all trying to be critical. I just don't get it at all...)
Instead of chasing girls when young focus on making yourself become more of what women are looking for.

Hope it's OK to comment... I think this is a trap of sorts. Like, people who have eating disorders (at least this is what the professional literature seems to say) can't focus productively on diets until they've addressed the issues motivating them to overeat. So being a "high rank" person likely does make you a more attractive option, but many of the people who're hurting due to a lack of companionship are responding to very natural biological inclinations they can't just turn off in the meantime. Without a healthy way to satisfy those imperatives, they're not likely to invest the tremendous efforts and time to play the odds-of-success games the odds of which are already stacked against them.

I'm not being critical at all. I think you're right that people have to be the sort of people others are seeking. I just think the odds are overwhelmingly stacked against success, especially if what others are seeking is becoming less and less realistic. Anyway, just my two-cents...

Last edited:
Reactions: blueclover_. and TheHatedOne
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
I tried online dating a few times. In 2000, then in 2004.
I didn't really try hard in 2000, met two women... one I dated a couple times, but no connection... the other was a one-night-stand. Then in 2004, I dated 4 women, slept with one for about a month, then met my wife through it.

I wonder if the current dating sites are much more like meatmarkets than what was around 15-20yrs ago

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruffian
R

retarddd

Aug 10, 2018
OK? so, are these dating sites coming to your house and stealing your money, did they murder your family.

I don't see the problem

edit: I can see the problem with being ugly, I have the same problem but I have more of a "people will think i'm some criminal and will see me differently to others" kind of problem

Reactions: Ruffian
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Dating sites are shit and a waste of time. Think about it, how are a bunch of pixels on the computer going to attract anyone worth a damn. You're going to be much more attractive to the right girl in person than you ever could be on the internet. The problem is that people are so reluctant to be sociable these days that they just don't get out there all that much anymore. When I was younger it was normal for us to go to the bar every weekend. And girls will say they hate the bar or whatever, but really, how else are you going to make decent inroads unless tipsy/surrounded by women. It's definitely more about opportunity (being in the right place at the right time) than anything else.

Reactions: WonderingSoul, blueclover_., Motherfly and 1 other person
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
I concur with you and given my circumstances (not even physically attractive, especially in western society - Asian male), I wouldn't waste my time on dating apps, but that's just me. I also found it to be very troubling to land a 'date' and in the rare event that I do, it's just not worth the time, money, and emotional investment especially in today's world. Then to make matters worse, all it takes is one mistake or false accusation and suddenly, the man is in serious legal trouble, career and social reputation destroyed, and overall life just turned upside down.
I don't know where you're from because Asian covers a huge range of some pretty diverse people. I guess I can see it because I taught Englis to several different Asian populations. If it makes you feel any better I dated a really nice Chinese guy and carried on a torrid affair with a Cambodian man for awhile. I hope I'm not being offensive.
OK? so, are these dating sites coming to your house and stealing your money, did they murder your family.

I don't see the problem

edit: I can see the problem with being ugly, I have the same problem but I have more of a "people will think i'm some criminal and will see me differently to others" kind of problem
Could you say more about how you look like a criminal? Long hair? Tattoos, piercings, tattoos? I'm just curious.

Last edited:
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
They are designed to make us feel inferior and draw our pain for energy..

Ever noticed when you feel good about yourself... You often think "this is a good time to try my luck with the app" after thirty minutes you've wasted a night, got yourself wound up, don't sleep easy, and they totally fuck you up.

Reactions: WoAiGou, TheHatedOne, Grey-zoner and 1 other person
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
Dating sites are just full of shallow and narcissistic people, some of them can be dangerous even. I used them for a few time and quickly realized that it's going to be a waste so I stopped going on there.

Reactions: WonderingSoul, Crazy4u and WoAiGou
blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Better Never to Have Been: 2006, David Benatar
Oct 11, 2021
Unless you meet very demanding criteria dating sites are a soul destroying waste of time.

Whenever I need a laugh I often look as some the data that is produced by these sites
Check out the difference between how woman are rated against how men are rated.
View attachment 9521

This data literally shows that 76% of men are considered below average in attractiveness and that only 7% are considered above average. If that doesn't show you how overinflated women's standards on these sites are I don't know what will
*Slaps skincare*

• Yay!
Reactions: Crazy4u and WoAiGou
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
when I was considering casual relationships, I downloaded multiple dating apps like hinge and bumble.

I deleted the apps and my profiles in 1 day. why? because I consider myself 4-6 (based on how I dress up) and one of the apps matched me with guys who are 9/10 and 10/10. I don't remember finding average guys in my age range!

Reactions: WoAiGou and blueclover_.
WoAiGou

WoAiGou

Stalinist
Dec 16, 2021
when I was considering casual relationships, I downloaded multiple dating apps like hinge and bumble.

I deleted the apps and my profiles in 1 day. why? because I consider myself 4-6 (based on how I dress up) and one of the apps matched me with guys who are 9/10 and 10/10. I don't remember finding average guys in my age range!
They're super predatory, they show 'attractive' people first, the people who get most right swipes, so they get your hopes up thinking you have a chance with these conventionally 'attractive' people. And then as the days pass by and you don't hear anything these companies hope you will get desperate enough to pay for their premium services. You'll find the 'average' people if you just keep swiping. These apps are hell, and just another symptom of collapsing society.

• Wow
Reactions: blueclover_. and Crazy4u
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
They're super predatory, they show 'attractive' people first, the people who get most right swipes, so they get your hopes up thinking you have a chance with these conventionally 'attractive' people. And then as the days pass by and you don't hear anything these companies hope you will get desperate enough to pay for their premium services. You'll find the 'average' people if you just keep swiping. These apps are hell, and just another symptom of collapsing society.
thanks! I didn't know that. I always refuse to pay. It annoys me when an app is supposed to have good free membership. I didn't see any good app with free membership. It is a waste of time

Reactions: WoAiGou and blueclover_.
WoAiGou

WoAiGou

Stalinist
Dec 16, 2021
thanks! I didn't know that. I always refuse to pay. It annoys me when an app is supposed to have good free membership. I didn't see any good app with free membership. It is a waste of time
Hinge is probably the best out of the shit, but it's still a predatory cesspool.