abchia

abchia

Student
Aug 28, 2023
Assuming one will CTB on a planned date, are there specific days to pick that would lessen the effect on others? I know the obvious ones - not on other people's birthdays, not while others are on vacation, not around holidays, but are there others that i'm missing?

Or if there is already a thread on this please link me to it, thanks

Soupster

Soupster

Chasing dreams, catching nightmares
Aug 14, 2024
There's no good day to ctb that will make it okay for the people in our lives that won't understand or might blame themselves. The date ive lost friends over the years always impacts me, it doesn't really matter if it was the second sunday in June or April second. And that's ok.

I think the only important thing about a date to ctb is what it means for you.

Reactions: LunarLight and abchia
failure383

failure383

Student
Jul 2, 2024
are there specific days to pick that would lessen the effect on others?
It will be awful in any case and I doubt it will make a difference if it's Christmas eve, Chinese new year or some completely insignificant day in the middle of the year. If you have people in your life that truly love you, then they'll mourn after you in any case. If you don't want your loved ones to mourn after you, you should either wait until they're dead or don't do it. Just do it whenever it's best for you.

Reactions: abchia
hoppybunny

hoppybunny

Fearer of the Future
Jun 26, 2024
like the others said the date doesn't matter. but i would just pick a random ass date. that's not a holiday, birthday or anniversary like you said. So something useless like AUgust 2nd or whatever if there's no birthday.

i'd give it like a month buffer or something. people return to normalcy after about 3 days after a shock. So if you ctb a month after a birthday or holiday and a month before the next one. Then in a year or less they would've recovered and would be able to celebrate stuff again.

me personally i'd love to set it on my parents anniversary. but i chose after my graduation cause it's most convenient.

Reactions: abchia