Fire&Ash

Fire&Ash

Experienced
Apr 15, 2020
Hi. I have huge gaps in employment and right now at 25 years old, I officially have worked only a few jobs since I turned 18. And a majority of them for 3 months. Right now, I hurt myself and cant work, so I thought of doing remote work. I dont have a college degree, so obviously my options are limited. Actually the reason why I have such gaps in work is because I went to college but could never finish (I struggled, which I go into in my previous posts in things). What does anybody think of taking coursera courses like bookkeeping, data entry, quickbooks. I dont know, I need SOMETHING to get my foot in the door right now, instead of sitting at home. And ive always wanted a desk job. Any advice on how to get into desk jobs, courses to add to my resume?
Side note: I thought of mentioning this, so, everytime I get a job, this fear that I'm "wasting my time here" when I can be taking a class or go to school in hopes of making a livable wage. But then I go to school. and I struggle so much it sucks. Just this ongoing back and forth of job or school.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pen>Sword
Boochky

Boochky

Fat, bipolar, and hairy. (Sorry boys, I’m taken.)
Feb 23, 2019
If you're in the US, you may look into medical billing. It seems in line with what you like and can definitely be done remotely. I don't know about the pay though. Good luck!

Reactions: Fire&Ash
Fire&Ash

Fire&Ash

Experienced
Apr 15, 2020
If you're in the US, you may look into medical billing. It seems in line with what you like and can definitely be done remotely. I don't know about the pay though. Good luck!
I actually went to school for this like 3 years ago and I couldn't get a job cuz there was no openings near me. Ugh what a waste

• Aww..
Reactions: Boochky
Boochky

Boochky

Fat, bipolar, and hairy. (Sorry boys, I’m taken.)
Feb 23, 2019
Oh jeez! Have you tried recently? I would think there may be more options now? Remotejobs is a good resource. Good luck!

logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
An educational qualification is always important - for your whole life later on!

And your chances increase and you earn more money.