uniqueusername4

uniqueusername4

died a long time ago
Aug 13, 2023
Hi,

I have a question about accessing/purchasing on the dark net using my mac. I would love to hear from someone who has experience doing this.

Hypothetically of course, would I be able to safely (from the popo) order something following these steps:
  • Tor Browser
  • Bitcoin (cash app or PayPal for example) -exchange your Bitcoin for XMR on changenow.io.
  • Kleopatra pgp tool
  • Monero GUI wallet - paste XMR here for storage
  • find vendor with good ratings/reviews
  • order and encrypt messages using pgp tool. Use real name and address on order.

I understand that on the Macs with M2 chips, you are unable to download Tails. From my understanding, Tails is extra security, but not absolutely necessary? Is there a mac equivalent or do I just skip this step?

I've read two guides and they have contradicting instructions about whether to use TOR over VPN. I asked AI and they said:
"It's generally not recommended to use a VPN with Tor unless you're an advanced user who knows how to configure both without compromising your privacy. Here are some reasons why:

• Using a VPN over Tor isn't very safe or easy to do
  • It forgoes the most important reason for using Tor over a VPN, which is keeping your identity secret from the entry node host.
  • VPN companies may not be looking out for your best interest
  • You should take what they say with a grain of salt, especially when they say they don't log.
Here are some other things to consider:

• Tor is a privacy-focused browser
  • It routes your traffic through a network of volunteer-run servers, making it difficult to track your online activity.
  • Using a VPN with Tor can add an extra layer of security
  • The VPN encryption prevents the Tor entry node from seeing your IP address.
  • Using a VPN can have some cons
  • It can slow down your internet speed, increase latency, and potentially get your accounts blocked."

Reactions: nihilistic_dragon
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Don't bother using a VPN for Tor.
  • Monero GUI wallet - paste XMR here for storage
  • find vendor with good ratings/reviews
  • order and encrypt messages using pgp tool. Use real name and address on order.
You'll have to send your XMR into your market wallet before paying, but otherwise this is solid.

uniqueusername4

uniqueusername4

died a long time ago
Aug 13, 2023
Don't bother using a VPN for Tor.

You'll have to send your XMR into your market wallet before paying, but otherwise this is solid.
Awesome, thank you!!

Nikitatos

Nikitatos

Wizard
Apr 10, 2024
TOR is useless if you're worried about law enforcement. That being said, if you're buying small quantities of drugs, they generally are uninterested in you.

Reactions: uniqueusername4