• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

O

overandout

Experienced
Feb 28, 2019
Can someone please let me know exactly what laptop you are using to successfully use for tor. Can't use my iPad and need to purchase one but don't want to spend money on laptop that won't work..thanks

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Can someone please let me know exactly what laptop you are using to successfully use for tor. Can't use my iPad and need to purchase one but don't want to spend money on laptop that won't work..thanks
I'm a huge fan of Linux. This laptop is brand new for $200 and ships with Linux installed instead of windows already.
imo Linux is more secure and better for the dark web.

Last edited:
Reactions: deadpixels and overandout
O

overandout

Experienced
Feb 28, 2019
I'm a huge fan of Linux. This laptop is brand new for $200 and ships with Linux installed instead of windows already.

Great thanks ever so much. Will look into it

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I use my phone (Huawei Mate 20 Pro) for TOR Browser and it works fine.

Reactions: overandout
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
Try "Onion browser for OS" on your ipad

O

overandout

Experienced
Feb 28, 2019
I use my phone (Huawei Mate 20 Pro) for TOR Browser and it works fine.

Thanks are you using the app for it...on google play?
Try "Onion browser for OS" on your ipad

Yeah I have but it's just too slow, to the point I can't get on. I think the problem is the dos attacks. I just can't get on any of the onion sites. Only a few but lots of problems

Last edited:
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I just use the tor app from google play on my phone.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
O

overandout

Experienced
Feb 28, 2019
I would not trust in Android&Win!

Best you use:
Tails - Privacy for anyone anywhere
https://tails.boum.org
Tails is a live operating system that you can start on almost any computer from a USB stick or a DVD.
So there you leave with Tails no Data, after PC is powered off after using it

Yeah tails does seem to be complicated though. Which laptop would you recommend for it?
I just use the tor app from google play on my phone.

Thanks, What phone do you use?

GerMann

GerMann

year of birth: 1972
Nov 30, 2018
You only have to download Tails on a usb stick, and start booting with it. Normaly change the boot medium in the bios by pressung F1 or F2 or "Entf" key by the "Start up" prozedure. Youtube has some videos about that.

K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
Thanks are you using the app for it...on google play?

Yeah I have but it's just too slow, to the point I can't get on. I think the problem is the dos attacks. I just can't get on any of the onion sites. Only a few but lots of problems
It is supposed to be slow because of the TOR network limitations, speed will improve if you keep using it. It is not the problem with your iPad.
You don't need a new laptop for this to be working

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020

No offence, but I really can't see your typical iPad user/computer novice being able to handle the jump to using Linux! Linux users are dedicated and passionate, but they tend to fail to remember the experience of being a computer novice.

The OP could either use Onion Browser on their iPad (which as another member already explained, is slow by virtue of how the Tor network works, rather than a limitation of their iPad), or they could use Tor Browser on a basic Windows laptop. They could also use Tails, but that strikes me as probably being outside of their experience level.

HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/tails-os-installation-guide.38550/

I've tried to make this as accessible as possible to anyone installing it, with some provided visuals that Tails does not include.

Reactions: jgm63 and fantasy_function