edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
it is the only video game I play actually. The dark and macabre atmosphere, the theme as if the world was rotten and at all times you feel that there is no hope. Everything is trying to kill you and you can die at any moment. I don't know, it makes me feel good, especially DS1, I tried Elden Ring but I don't feel the same. When I'm depressed without wanting to do anything or about to explode from stress, I just open it and start playing it for the 90th time. Listening only to the sound of my footsteps and the enemies as you advance in a world that is already dead and has lost all hope, dark souls is my happy place.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sylveon and R_N
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
From software games are among my favourites and they were inspiration to many devs to create similar games.

• Love
Reactions: edu0z
edu0z

edu0z

Aug 25, 2021
From software games are among my favourites and they were inspiration to many devs to create similar games.
Miyazaki is a genius. I grew up in my childhood playing Zelda Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time, then as an adult I fell in love with the souls, the level design, the skill with which they strategically place the enemies to make them a pain in the ass... and I also felt a feeling similar to when I played Zelda as a child (then I read that Miyazaki said in an interview that Zelda was one of his great inspirations)

Are you Indi Dev or just a video game lover?

Reactions: R_N
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Miyazaki is a genius. I grew up in my childhood playing Zelda Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time, then as an adult I fell in love with the souls, the level design, the skill with which they strategically place the enemies to make them a pain in the ass... and I also felt a feeling similar to when I played Zelda as a child (then I read that Miyazaki said in an interview that Zelda was one of his great inspirations)

Are you Indi Dev or just a video game lover?
Nah I just play them.

Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
I wish I could enjoy any of those "Souls-like" games, but I get way too rage-filled too quickly to be able to enjoy dying over and over for no pay-off.

Reactions: Skathon and edu0z
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I wish I could enjoy any of those "Souls-like" games, but I get way too rage-filled too quickly to be able to enjoy dying over and over for no pay-off.
Pay off when dying is learning enemies/maps but it may not be for everyone. Especially if you are short tempered. Just play games you like, there are plenty of them to find ones you enjoy. But honestly even souls games can get super easy with xp or op stuff. Sekiro was the only one that felt more skill based to me. But you also gain skill and better reaction with time.

CheekyPhobia

CheekyPhobia

Reasonless, well it stands to reason...
Aug 1, 2022
It has a really heavy atmosphere, I agree with you on that. But I don't get how you play through more than once, it's so stressful! I usually boot up Skyrim for the millionth time when I'm feeling down.

• Love
Reactions: Skathon and edu0z
edu0z

edu0z

Aug 25, 2021
It has a really heavy atmosphere, I agree with you on that. But I don't get how you play through more than once, it's so stressful! I usually boot up Skyrim for the millionth time when I'm feeling down.
For me it's not stressful at all... it's really cathartic, I really enjoy the fights, I feel like I get into flow when I play and I concentrate and I'm able to forget everything else.... Love Skyrim too btw