maakies

maakies

DOOK
Dec 7, 2021
Curious to see people's results. Suppose it is an indicator of evil within you, or something to that effect. I interpret my results as leaning pretty selfless and "humble" (i.e. I don't like homeless people suffering and I think there's bigger issues than petty theft), but at the same time regarding morality as ambiguous, and tend to navigate the world as an end to a political means. I do love Crusader Kings. I sort of had the habit of min-maxing to get more exaggerated results.

Link to the Test: https://www.darkfactor.org/

My results:
IMG 7952 IMG 7953

From the website:

A unified theory of aversive personality

Ethically, morally, and socially questionable behavior is part of everyday life and instances of ruthless, selfish, unscrupulous, or even downright evil behavior can easily be found across history and cultures. Psychologists sometimes use the umbrella term "dark traits" to subsume personality traits that are linked to these classes of behavior — most prominently, Machiavellianism, Narcissism, and Psychopathy. Over the years, more and more allegedly distinct and increasingly narrow aversive traits have been introduced, resulting in a plethora of constructs lacking theoretical integration.

In proposing D — the Dark Factor of Personality — we specify the basic principles underlying all aversive traits and thereby provide a unifying, comprehensive theoretical framework for understanding aversive personality. In analogy to the general (g) factor of intelligence, D represents the one basic general dispositional tendency from which specific aversive traits arise as manifestations. All commonalities between various aversive traits can thus be traced back to D, so that D represents the common core of all these traits.

For example, D may be evident in Narcissism and/or Psychopathy, but also in any other specific traits such as Amorality, Egoism, Greed, Machiavellianism, Psychopathy, Sadism, or Spitefulness, as well as in any combination thereof. Thus, instead of saying that an individual is an amoral, egoistic, narcissistic psychopath who selfishly acts according to her/his own interests and, in doing so, engages in sadistic and spiteful behaviors, one may just say that this individual displays high levels in D. D explains why aversive traits are connected and thereby forms the theoretical basis for the emergence of aversive personality in general.

The definition of D

D is defined as:

The general tendency to maximize one's individual utility — disregarding, accepting, or malevolently provoking disutility for others —, accompanied by beliefs that serve as justifications.

Put simply, D describes the tendency to ruthlessly pursue one's own interests, even when this harms others (or even for the sake of harming others), while having beliefs that justify these behaviors.

D is a basic, general dispositional tendency, which means that D is responsible for and can be evident in any specific aversive trait (such as, for example, Psychopathy) and any malevolent behavior (for example, abusing, bullying, cheating, intimidating, insulting, exploiting, harassing, humiliating, hurting, lying, manipulation, molesting, stealing, taunting, threatening, tormenting, torturing, trolling, etc.).

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, uselesswaste and GenesAndEnvironment
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Self-centered (98%) but not greedy (4%), apparently. Ignoring results that didn't stand out that much. If I was THAT self-centered I wouldn't be here thinking of my family in terms of ctb, but I guess that's the 1%. Or maybe familiar considerations are just SI and/or copium in disguise, wouldn't be surprised.

I have this extreme reaction against sacrificing myself/serving others, and I don't want others doing it for me either.

Last edited:
Reactions: uselesswaste
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
81D560D7 6037 40BB A0CB 087761F0600B
984AEF95 4DD8 4109 84E0 2F196BC13E51

Wow, thanks! Now I finally have something to put in my suicide note that will scientifically prove once and for all that I'm as evil as I say, and show why I need to be dead! The nice thing is it's actually a bit worse! 😄

B

Before26

A little tired
Dec 15, 2021
I love a good quiz!

I just did it and was shocked at my results (thinking I'm lovely and perfect lol) turns out I may be a little bit narcissistic erm

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-28 at 14.16.55.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-28 at 14.16.55.png
    220.7 KB · Views: 0
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Don't have time to take the test. I think I'm just Machiavellian/manipulative & spiteful, but I take pride in those traits, so maybe I'm more evil than I think.

any malevolent behavior (for example, abusing, bullying, cheating, intimidating, insulting, exploiting, harassing, humiliating, hurting, lying, manipulation, molesting, stealing, taunting, threatening, tormenting, torturing, trolling, etc.).

Why are lying & stealing considered unambiguously malevolent behaviors? What's so horrible about intimidating, insulting, taunting & threatening certified assholes? Christian bullshit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snake of Eden
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
My highest scores were in self centeredness and egoism

Un-

Un-

I'm a failure. An absolute waste. A LOSEr.
Apr 6, 2021
IMG 20211228 172941 IMG 20211228 173236

I never knew I was this horrible. I don't deserve life.

Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
Big ol' softie with vengeful tendencies, but I already knew that. I've been in therapy long enough.

Darkfactor1

Darkfactor2

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I don't deserve life.
Fits with the relatively low entitlement. I wouldn't take this test seriously, however. It incorrectly said that I was more sadistic than the average person, which made me so angry that I invented fifteen new torture methods.

• Yay!
Reactions: maakies, AlwaysAnhedonia and Un-
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I dont even wanna know. I already hate my guts enough as is..

maakies

maakies

DOOK
Dec 7, 2021
Don't have time to take the test. I think I'm just Machiavellian/manipulative & spiteful, but I take pride in those traits, so maybe I'm more evil than I think.

Why are lying & stealing considered unambiguously malevolent behaviors? What's so horrible about intimidating, insulting, taunting & threatening certified assholes? Christian bullshit.
I think this was created by German psychologists. It feels vaguely protestant. More info: https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/beautiful-minds/the-dark-core-of-personality/