N

NeverGrowUp

Oct 2, 2020
This is a weird sensation to feel, but I think once I can acquire a peaceful method I will be so ecstatic because I will have complete control. Nobody to tell me "you need to stay here" and cash in by prescribing pills that don't cure, but only mitigate side effects. Nobody can force me to try and be a slave to make the wealthy even wealthier. It should be my life to dispose of whenever I've decided to go. If I want to pull a Peter Pan and never grow up, who the hell should be trying to stop me? It's like "cheating life."

I could leave this planet whenever I please and that feels like true freedom. In a way it could even give me courage to pursue intensive treatment for some of my conditions. I know in the Netherlands at least it has been said that just having been given the "green-light" for euthanasia can give patients peace of mind. Some even live longer because they take extreme comfort in knowing that that should they try their hardest, and still not like the results of their overall quality of life, that they always have a way out at the time of their choosing.

Reactions: palmtrees900, Amandye13, Ἡγησίας and 2 others
T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
I agree in the sense that it would be nice to have a way to feel like you have more control, but it'd be very easy to mistake what you're looking for as impulsion and a desire to excuse that. Something as serious as ctb should be considered, planned, cared for. Less like a "I can check out whenever I please" and more of a "Planning for a forever vacation" You want to make sure you have everything you need, everything's ready to be left behind.
I agree that it would be awesome to just leave, or even be assisted like in the netherlands, but definitely don't lose sight of this fact.

Reactions: NeverGrowUp
A

Amandye13

Sep 22, 2020
This is a weird sensation to feel, but I think once I can acquire a peaceful method I will be so ecstatic because I will have complete control. Nobody to tell me "you need to stay here" and cash in by prescribing pills that don't cure, but only mitigate side effects. Nobody can force me to try and be a slave to make the wealthy even wealthier. It should be my life to dispose of whenever I've decided to go. If I want to pull a Peter Pan and never grow up, who the hell should be trying to stop me? It's like "cheating life."

I could leave this planet whenever I please and that feels like true freedom. In a way it could even give me courage to pursue intensive treatment for some of my conditions. I know in the Netherlands at least it has been said that just having been given the "green-light" for euthanasia can give patients peace of mind. Some even live longer because they take extreme comfort in knowing that that should they try their hardest, and still not like the results of their overall quality of life, that they always have a way out at the time of their choosing.
I agree with you. I wish I could find a 100% way to do it myself that would be quick and painless. Then I am completely secure.

Reactions: weepingfree and NeverGrowUp