T

TamiyaTiger

Mar 7, 2023
I feel like aside from anxiety envy is my strongest emotion. I talked with my coworker before leaving work, and we talked about how she went to a festival for lunar new year and had lots of fun. And all I could think about was how it's been over a decade since I've been to a lunar new year celebration, and probably won't go to another one in my lifetime. And then I thought about how I've spent nearly every holiday alone and unhappy while she got to spend hers with family, partner, friends. I feel bad that I can't just be happy for other people without wanting what they have, but if they were in my position they'd probably be bitter and envious too.

Super mundane conversations sending me into despair is a sign that I'm pretty much screwed beyond repair at this point lol. Anyone else go through the same emotions on a regular basis? I can't stand it, it's either anxiety, hopelessness, envy, self-hatred, sometimes all, but a break from one means another will rear it's head in. It never stops.

Reactions: cold_severance and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Sometimes I get envious of other people as well. I'm particularly jealous of my peers who are advancing in their professional lives, either in their careers or in graduate/medical/law/business school. However, I don't think that it would be fulfilling for me to be just another cog in the capitalist wheel. Despite this, even still, looking at their achievements/what they'll achieve in the future fills me with envy and jealousy. I wish that I could be them.

Last edited:
Reactions: TamiyaTiger
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
I literally don't possess the mental bit in my brain to be envious, i never get jelous or anything.

Literally don't understand it, i mean im a fucking loser in a societal way but i just don't care.

Like ive had people try and bring me down or rub me that way, i like to think i understand the psychology during the moment it's happening.

I feel more sad for the person trying, it must be draining being so pathetic and jelous lol