Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
People tend to accept me to a degree in working relationships, but when it comes to anything else like friendships or dating, something about me repels them. They don't get upset. They just talk to me less and less until they ghost. It's like I'm the off-brand vanilla wafer of people.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: demuic, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Dr Iron Arc and 3 others
MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
Everyone is bound to repulse or bore a number of people.

If someone finds themselves alone and keeps going after the same kind of people, they'll probably persist in loneliness. If that's something you do, maybe you just need to find your niche.

Aside from relationships, is there anything you see in other lives that is lacking in yours? Something you could pursue alone? Love yourself, your work, your hobbies and some people will find you exciting, probably.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Not repulse but I have too much anxiety and I'm really scared of boring my students.

Fortunately, I haven't received any complaints so far! (Next week I gotta have 2 new courses, 40 students, I hope not to get them bored either!!!)

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Celerity
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I definitely repulse people but I'm not sure if I bore people though whenever I try to entertain I certainly make people bored. If people aren't repulsed and/or bored by me then they should be.

• Hugs
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Everyone is bound to repulse or bore a number of people.

If someone finds themselves alone and keeps going after the same kind of people, they'll probably persist in loneliness. If that's something you do, maybe you just need to find your niche.

Aside from relationships, is there anything you see in other lives that is lacking in yours? Something you could pursue alone? Love yourself, your work, your hobbies and some people will find you exciting, probably.
I suffer from considerable anhedonia, so there's not much that I take personal satisfaction from. It is probably true that I am attracted to emotionally unavailable people. I never want anyone who wants me back, if such a thing is possible. Maybe there is no one for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: MYStERY_Man
MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
Disclaimer: I guess I can't type a good response.
I suffer from considerable anhedonia, so there's not much that I take personal satisfaction from.
Anhedonia sucks...

Maybe "love" is a strong word. I'm not sure if I love my hobbies and I definitely don't love my work, for example. Yet, as long as I keep practicing and make an effort to act as if I did, it might just be enough to make people think I'm not that boring... is it worth it? Not sure.

You said there's not much that satisfies you. Not much doesn't equal nothing, right? Maybe explore it a bit.

And if you don't find anything, could you be passionate about not being able to? It seems to work for some artists...
It is probably true that I am attracted to emotionally unavailable people. I never want anyone who wants me back,
if such a thing is possible. Maybe there is no one for me.
What's so attractive about wanting someone who doesn't want you back?

I start: I fear rejection, but no more than I fear intimacy. If I keep chasing those who don't want me back, I get to avoid the latter. And if I don't even try, I get to avoid both. Very efficient!

nolongerhuman

nolongerhuman

Arcanist
Feb 9, 2021
I have to ask people if I'm bothering them often, especially because I can't read subtle facial expressions to save my life. They keep saying I'm not but I think they might just be saying that to be polite. I'm so paranoid I'll never know for sure